Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    14 in Cork is quite the jump.

Yes I just heard, hopefully it will go down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,173 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    14 in Cork is quite the jump.
    Of 253 cases today, 14 in Cork. Highest in a while.

:(

omerin wrote: »
    A bit of a scummy post, everyone is entitled to anonymity and especially when numbers are low and their health is discussed speculated on a public forum. Sometimes I despair

Scummy? I didn’t identify anyone. Get a grip. There’s nothing public about this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Certainly looks like Ballincollig is a bit of a hot spot with community transmission. Not looking great now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

No panic in Ballincollig anyway. I work there and have seen nothing to say people are panicking. Calm and collected. Good safety measures in all supermarket very high id say 99% wearing mask/visor you’ve the small cohort from Innishmore and Castlepark that might not wear them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

Ludo wrote: »
    Certainly looks like Ballincollig is a bit of a hot spot with community transmission. Not looking great now.

Who said there is community transmission in Ballincollig? I thought the cases were linked?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Cases in two schools, both called Scoil Mhuire?

• Advertisement

I did say looks like...and a few different people now have mentioned that some of the cases are not directly linked in any obvious way. Could be balderdash of course and they are all linked. Either way, if I was living there I would be sure to take all appropriate precautions and assume it is in the community now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,240 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I did say looks like...and a few different people now have mentioned that some of the cases are not directly linked in any obvious way. Could be balderdash of course and they are all linked. Either way, if I was living there I would be sure to take all appropriate precautions and assume it is in the community now.

Well the poster who works in ballincollig says there’s no panic and widespread mask wearing which I’d concur with around my local area on the northside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,499 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

H8GHOTI wrote: »

I’d think you’d be surprised how many schools have that name.

H8GHOTI wrote: »

There is Scoil Mhuire in Cork city too primary and secondary schools, I think it a common name

Cork's cases seem to be mostly school age, young but the increase is a worry

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well the poster who works in ballincollig says there’s no panic and widespread mask wearing which I’d concur with around my local area on the northside.

Yip...good to hear that. We do seem, in general, to be very good here in Cork for mask-wearing which is great to see. Always one or two idiots but that is to be expected.
    Let's hope this is contained with good contact tracing etc and we don't end up like Dublin in a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,240 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yip...good to hear that. We do seem, in general, to be very good here in Cork for mask-wearing which is great to see. Always one or two idiots but that is to be expected.
    Let's hope this is contained with good contact tracing etc and we don't end up like Dublin in a couple of weeks.

And I’ve seen people getting out of their cars to go into the supermarket with no mask and half way to the door it clicks and they go and get their mask. Every bus stop I pass people waiting are either social distancing or have a mask on and on the buses themselves it’s all masks.

The hub has been updated to show cases per electoral region in last 14 days.

Ballincollig area does in fact have the most cases in last 14 days

https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/

Cork Local Electoral Areas - COVID-19 14-day incidence rates per 100,000 population by Local Electoral Area (LEA) 01/09/2020 to 14/09/2020

BANTRY-WEST CORK, LEA-4 ~ Confirmed Cases in LEA: Less than 5 cases, LEA rate per 100k pop: Less than 5 cases

SKIBBEREEN-WEST CORK LEA-5 ~ Confirmed Cases in LEA: 5, LEA rate per 100k pop: 16.5

BANDON - KINSALE LEA-6 ~ Confirmed Cases in LEA: Less than 5 cases, LEA rate per 100k pop: Less than 5 cases

MACROOM LEA-6 ~ Confirmed Cases in LEA: Less than 5 cases, LEA rate per 100k pop: Less than 5 cases

KANTURK LEA-4 ~ Confirmed Cases in LEA: Less than 5 cases, LEA rate per 100k pop: Less than 5 cases

MALLOW LEA-5 ~ Confirmed Cases in LEA: Less than 5 cases, LEA rate per 100k pop: Less than 5 cases

FERMOY LEA-6 ~ Confirmed Cases in LEA: 9, LEA rate per 100k pop: 24.7

MIDLETON LEA-7 ~ Confirmed Cases in LEA: Less than 5 cases, LEA rate per 100k pop: Less than 5 cases

COBH LEA-6 ~ Confirmed Cases in LEA: 5, LEA rate per 100k pop: 14.7

CARRIGALINE LEA-6 ~ Confirmed Cases in LEA: Less than 5 cases, LEA rate per 100k pop: Less than 5 cases

CORK CITY SOUTH EAST LEA-6 ~ Confirmed Cases in LEA: Less than 5 cases, LEA rate per 100k pop: Less than 5 cases

CORK CITY NORTH EAST LEA-6 ~ Confirmed Cases in LEA: Less than 5 cases, LEA rate per 100k pop: Less than 5 cases

CORK CITY NORTH WEST LEA-6 ~ Confirmed Cases in LEA: Less than 5 cases, LEA rate per 100k pop: Less than 5 cases

CORK CITY SOUTH CENTRAL LEA-6 ~ Confirmed Cases in LEA: 6, LEA rate per 100k pop: 15.5

CORK CITY SOUTH WEST LEA-7 ~ Confirmed Cases in LEA: 10, LEA rate per 100k pop: 21.3

Where is Ballincollig under?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Where is Ballincollig under?
    Cork City South West

• Advertisement

Cork City South West

Presume that covers bishopstown, togher, wilton etc aswell?

Presume that covers bishopstown, togher, wilton etc aswell?
    It goes as far west as Ballincollig, south to Ballygarvan and also Bishopstown, Togher and the boundary is western road.

Just for comparison.
    The highest incidence rate in a local electoral area in Ireland is Blanchardstown-Mulhuddart in Dublin at 189.8

The highest in Cork is Cork City South West (Ballincollig, Bishopstown, Togher) at 21.3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thanks all, my brother is getting tested and we have to restrict movements, so was just wondering how long it took roughly.

Thank the gods it was negative!

21 new cases in Cork today

We should look at Dublin and not become complacent, worrying our numbers going up :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Advertisement