Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Treehelpplease

gerald griffin st in shandon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Gurranabraher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,173 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

36 in Cork ....definitely not good. Heading the wrong way rapidly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

This is why I kept posting positive things at the start, never know when it will change. Hopefully it's just a situation where it will get contained similar to the Limerick one whose numbers are now dropping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Ludo wrote: »
    36 in Cork ....definitely not good. Heading the wrong way rapidly now.

Definitely not good, we can’t keep heading in that direction

I'm hoping it's just a backlog, which is entirely possible. The cases are still there obvisiouly but not 36 across one day which I presume is the case. Either way it's rising which isn't the best to be seeing. Tuesdays figures will tell a lot I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I'm hoping it's just a backlog, which is entirely possible. The cases are still there obvisiouly but not 36 across one day which I presume is the case. Either way it's rising which isn't the best to be seeing. Tuesdays figures will tell a lot I think
    I think it's always technically a backlog, isn't the average delay in notifying cases about two weeks or something like that? Meaning the damage we see in the next couple of weeks is already done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Yep let's hope you're right. As you say, Tuesday will indeed tell a lot.

Stay positive BUT let's redouble efforts. I have noticed myself, I don't wash hands quite as often as I used to a few months ago. Back then every single time we came into the house we sanitised/washed hands. I am slipping and not remembering all the time now. Masks and sanitising when entering shops etc outside is now second nature but slipping a bit at home. Must do better.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Ludo wrote: »
    Yep let's hope you're right. As you say, Tuesday will indeed tell a lot.

Stay positive BUT let's redouble efforts. I have noticed myself, I don't wash hands quite as often as I used to a few months ago. Back then every single time we came into the house we sanitised/washed hands. I am slipping and not remembering all the time now. Masks and sanitising when entering shops etc outside is now second nature but slipping a bit at home. Must do better.

I'm exactly the same, the hand washing is getting less rigorous now, would even forget to sanitise on occasion too. All in all though I think I, and most others, are doing fairly well still. The rise is most probably being driven by school children, which obviously can't be helped, and people who behave blatantly irresponsibly by attending house parties and such, which obviously can be helped.

Really hope the restrictions don't get more severe, as Dublin is currently experiencing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Should just close all Scoil Mhuires now. It’s getting out of hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Current pace, we'll be shutdown like Dublin in a week. Hopefully it stabilises and reduces but seeing some of the idiots out there, i doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

There was testing carried out last week at direct provision centre in Millstreet

jojofizzio wrote: »
    There was teasing carried out last week at direct provision centre in Millstreet

Is there a direct provision centre in Millstreet?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is there a direct provision centre in Millstreet?

The former Drishane Convent boarding school is now a direct provision Centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

jojofizzio wrote: »
    There was testing carried out last week at direct provision centre in Millstreet

Are they testing all direct provision centres routinely?

seefin wrote: »
    Are they testing all direct provision centres routinely?

I’m not sure how regularly-just know that they were testing there last Wednesday.
    Actually,Thursday it was

Anyone know if the cases are related to the DP centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

There’s an outbreak in a nursing home in the city, not sure why it’s being kept quiet, maybe they are waiting for all of the results to come back. Don’t know how many residents/staff members have gotten it so far but I believe it’s in the double digits at least. Correspondence with family members has been poor and we have no idea what’s going on up there.

• Advertisement

south or northside?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

south or northside?

North side. I’d rather not say the name as I have a family member there and I’m hoping it will be announced within the next few days but communication has been poor.

Thats no prob i completely understand not naming, i wouldn't ask you to. Just when you said "going on up there" I was wondering was it one i knew. that's southside though. The very best to your family member, hopefully all is okay

North side. I’d rather not say the name as I have a family member there and I’m hoping it will be announced within the next few days but communication has been poor.

Thanks for being open about it, i wish your family the best

I hope all well for your family member and a speedy full recovery for all staff and patients in that home

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

I’m so sorry you’re going through this and that the communication is poor; I can’t imagine what you and your family must be going through right now. I hope your family member will be ok

There is rumours of Newcestown GAA having a confirmed case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Should just close all Scoil Mhuires now. It’s getting out of hand.
    There's another one since but not public knowledge yet... Not an uncommon name though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Have we people in hospital?

• Advertisement

Have we people in hospital?

3 i believe

Advertisement