Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

3 i believe

Thank you, have to admit I had hoped for a lesser number, not a serious number in the scale of life but it is going in a worrying direction

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

Thanks for the well wishes everyone, it’s an awful situation to be in and I am just thinking of all the people who have been in the same situation with family members in nursing homes in the past few months and all the different outcomes. I don’t know how bad it is yet or even the result of my family members test even though it has been almost a week since the first positive result came back. I also feel sorry for the staff who must be terrified at going in to work knowing that they might bring it home too. The home has done a very good job since the beginning but I am just unhappy with them this past week with being kept in the dark.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Seems to be pretty widespread in the city now.

My contacts have been very limited during the summer, but going to be extra cautious now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭rodders999

I suppose the hope would be that the majority of our cases would be in some sort of confined setting where it can be controlled and the people taken care of, the concern with these school cases popping up all over the place is that the spread in the community is off and under way and there’s only one place we’re heading if that’s the case.

Fingers crossed we suppress this thing in Cork again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,167 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Care Choice Home is in Montenotte, connected? Staff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,239 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Care Choice Home is in Montenotte, connected? Staff?

It’s a school not a care choice. I’m just asking because the only mention of montenotte is a school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Hearing of a workplace cluster in Wilton Shopping Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

Which workplace?

• Advertisement

Which workplace?
    I believe it is the shopping centre itself

Fcek was in there recently enough, know where in there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭Sonrisa

Oh no, we did the shopping there yesterday to avoid ballincollig :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,103 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Fcek was in there recently enough, know where in there?
    Sonrisa wrote: »
    Oh no, we did the shopping there yesterday to avoid ballincollig :eek:

Assuming that you had no prolonged, close contact with any people there, I'm sure you are both fine.
    I am in no way convinced that people are picking this virus up from surfaces.

Try not to worry.

It's Penneys apparently

It's Penneys apparently

Fcek was in there but not long and masked up

It's hard to social distance 2m in there with baskets and buggies blocking sections

I'm also just after hearing that it's Tesco... unless it's both?

I assume the shopping centre and shops are still opened or closed for deep cleaning? Staff quarantining isolating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Would they leave the shops open if an outbreak? We do our shopping there. Cant face washing everything after bringing home , so hoping it's Penneys

seefin wrote: »
    Would they leave the shops open if an outbreak?
    Likely yeah, if the other contacts come back negative there's no reason to close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

That's very close to me. Time to be more careful for me anyway.

Everyone needs to calm down a little bit. We're living with it, this is going to happen now and will continue to happen.

Likely yeah, if the other contacts come back negative there's no reason to close.

An outbreak might just mean 2 staff? Hopefully theyve tested them all by now and that's the extent of it

An outbreak might just mean 2 staff? Hopefully theyve tested them all by now and that's the extent of it

I’ve heard upwards of 20

Everyone needs to calm down a little bit. We're living with it, this is going to happen now and will continue to happen.

Its all to do with risk assessment. Its sensible to be even more cautious now there are a number of known cases locally, as statistically chances of meeting someone with virus are increased.

Its all to do with risk assessment. Its sensible to be even more cautious now there are a number of known cases locally, as statistically chances of meeting someone with virus are increased.
    Your chances of meeting someone in Cork with the virus remain miniscule. Our incidence remains incredibly low.

Your chances of meeting someone in Cork with the virus remain miniscule. Our incidence remains incredibly low.

Still higher risk than a few months ago, albeit
    still a small risk. I think things like this make us take stock and realized how much of a lotto this thing is and that we have to work to limit its growth. Its no harm to shake people up locally, theyve been acting for months like covid was history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Still higher risk than a few months ago, albeit
    still a small risk. I think things like this make us take stock and realized how much of a lotto this thing is and that we have to work to limit its growth. Its no harm to shake people up locally, theyve been acting for months like covid was history.

Definitely, the incidence might still be low but we've gone for weeks in Cork with just 2/3 cases, if any, a day and then yesterday we had 36....

We really need to take note of what's happening in Dublin and increase our efforts when it comes to handwashing, social distancing, masks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Best not speculate until it's confirmed, shops are struggling enough (maybe not Tesco and Penneys but you get the idea) without rumours being spread about outbreaks occurring in them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

For some reason I know a lot more people sent for tests the past week or two and lots more scares re close contacts. I'm not sure why but this didn't happen in march.

Advertisement