Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,167 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I’ve heard upwards of 20

That's a large cluster so I assume one of the bigger shops like Tesco or Penneys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Shopping in Penny's would hardly be good for your health at the best of times. Wilton SC footfall comes from people going to or visiting CUH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

25 cases in Cork today. Down slightly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,103 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

seefin wrote: »
    Would they leave the shops open if an outbreak? We do our shopping there. Cant face washing everything after bringing home , so hoping it's Penneys

Can you find a single documented case of someone catching the virus from unwashed shopping?
    I've never heard of one and I've never heard of retail staff getting the virus in numbers more than the general population.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭.red.

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Wilton SC footfall comes from people going to or visiting CUH.

It could also come from the 50k people who live close by.
    You do realise that the hospitals are the safest places to be? The regulations up in CUH and CUMH are through the roof. The chances of somebody leaving work in the hospital and infecting another person in Wilton SC are about as high as catching it from a zoom call.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

There's not much I can do with reducing my social contacts (basically one as I always was, bar pubs), but I'm going to be some pain in the ass with my 68/78 year old parents. They will hate me for telling them off!

But I will do it.

Even with the big number yesterday, our incidence remains bottom 5 in the country, around 4th atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Cork Lass wrote: »

Always will be on a Monday. Tomorrow will be interesting.

And no one in panicking. Cases are on the up so no harm in taking extra precautions.

Ludo wrote: »
    Always will be on a Monday. Tomorrow will be interesting.

And no one in panicking. Cases are on the up so no harm in taking extra precautions.
    Cases today line up almost exactly with the number of positive swabs

• Advertisement

Cases today line up almost exactly with the number of positive swabs

Sorry. I'm prob being stupid here, but I'm not sure what that means exactly. Can you explain please if you don't mind. Ta.

Ludo wrote: »
    Sorry. I'm prob being stupid here, but I'm not sure what that means exactly. Can you explain please if you don't mind. Ta.
    HSE data is updated daily with the number of positive swabs. There were 600 in past 48 hours, and ~580 cases reported. There's very little backlog if any for Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

HSE data is updated daily with the number of positive swabs. There were 600 in past 48 hours, and ~580 cases reported. There's very little backlog if any for Tuesday.

No social distancing outside one of the pubs in Roberts cove 40 m ago , all in their 40s -50s so can’t blame the kids, 25/30 ppl absolutely no space between them all supping drink , do it’s going to spike again if this small pub is an example of what’s going on nationwide tonight

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Shopping in Penny's would hardly be good for your health at the best of times. Wilton SC footfall comes from people going to or visiting CUH.

WSC also gets a lot of West Cork visitors up once a week for the big shop

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

I am not trying to start anything, so please don't take this as I am because I was pro-pub opening.

Drove past two pubs, both had people already breaking regulations, smoking outside, visibly drunk all over eachother, having a fag and not sitting down (it was also the main entrance, not the designated smoking area). Probably similar enough inside. If regulations aren't even being followed correctly on day 1, then what's the point. Granted the majority are probably following them, but it only takes one to ruin it for everybody

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

No social distancing outside one of the pubs in Roberts cove 40 m ago , all in their 40s -50s so can’t blame the kids, 25/30 ppl absolutely no space between them all supping drink , do it’s going to spike again if this small pub is an example of what’s going on nationwide tonight

Your making me jealous. Beautiful spot on a glorious evening. Enjoy the pints while we still can!

Hearing of a workplace cluster in Wilton Shopping Centre

Lockdown of Wilton area begins

https://twitter.com/CorkSafetyAlert/status/1308123286778281985

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Give it a rest

Is it still 105 mins in any one pub with or without food?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is it still 105 mins in any one pub with or without food?

If 2m distancing cant be achieved, then yes. 2m+ then no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

.red. wrote: »
    It could also come from the 50k people who live close by.
    You do realise that the hospitals are the safest places to be? The regulations up in CUH and CUMH are through the roof. The chances of somebody leaving work in the hospital and infecting another person in Wilton SC are about as high as catching it from a zoom call.

I'm not necessarily referring to somebody leaving work in cuh but look at the amount of health-care staff that have gotten the virus. You're kidding yourself if you think hospitals are the safest places to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Drove through the city this evening and pubs looked about the same as pre-covid. Really not doing anything to help themselves.

We should be able to open them but we just can’t be trusted to follow guidelines. We can’t adjust our behaviour to the situation. The risk is low right now but it’ll spread easy the way people are acting.

Would have been safer to open in July, granted it may have risked the opening of schools, but no we wait until the case numbers reached 300+.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Drove through the city this evening and pubs looked about the same as pre-covid. Really not doing anything to help themselves.

What ones did you go in to?

H8GHOTI wrote: »

We should be able to open them but we just can’t be trusted to follow guidelines. .

I've been in 4 pubs I believe since they reopened back along. None of them were following guidelines. Plenty of people not eating, sitting at the bar, staying way too long etc.
    I'm sure some pubs may following all rules, but I would guess they are few and far between.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

TheChizler wrote: »
    What ones did you go in to?

Preempting your next question “how can you tell if you didn’t go in?” It’s easy to see outside and through windows. They were busy, no proper distancing going on. Meant to be table service only ya? That wasn’t happening. People on top on each other. Some are going to be better than others obviously.

What ones were you in yourself?

physioman wrote: »
    Your making me jealous. Beautiful spot on a glorious evening. Enjoy the pints while we still can!

Water was fab, cliff walk was better, ppl were having craic but not at all social distancing, not a misery guts but can see us locked in again

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Folks theere is way too much unsubstantiated rumour spreading going on here. All claims need a reliable source or dont post it

Gaspode wrote: »
    Folks theere is way too much unsubstantiated rumour spreading going on here. All claims need a reliable source or dont post it

I’m honest and reliable and my post is truthful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I’m honest and reliable and my post is truthful

It's dead right. Your idea of social distancing and what's right could be two different things. Your post is not helpful at all and this grovelling is even worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

Living around the Lough/Hawthorn bar area. Can hear the bass from College Road now at nearly 11 as clear as day. Selfish prick students are back. Residents must be exhausted. If anyone thinks there is social distancing going on there....

Advertisement