Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Heckler wrote: »
    Living around the Lough/Hawthorn bar area. Can hear the bass from College Road now at nearly 11 as clear as day. Selfish prick students are back. Residents must be exhausted. If anyone thinks there is social distancing going on there....
    Is it not a better idea to call the Gardai than complain on here? genuine question

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Is it not a better idea to call the Gardai than complain on here? genuine question

Or stop squinting through the curtains worrying about everyone else. Look after yourself. It's all people can do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Well not sure the Gardaí would do much seeing as how they handled that big rave in Dublin over the weekend. They’d prefer to be interrogating people driving to work or the supermarkets.

fin12 wrote: »
    Well not sure the Gardaí would do much seeing as how they handled that big rave in Dublin over the weekend. They’d prefer to be interrogating people driving to work or the supermarkets.
    Gardai have launched a criminal investigation into the incident in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Gardai have launched a criminal investigation into the incident in Dublin.

Well they were fairly slow to shut it down.

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »
    Well they were fairly slow to shut it down.
    It would be irresponsible of the Gardai to attempt to shut down a gathering like that without a public order unit, to be fair. Public order unit causes trouble. Best resolution is warn and let it fizzle out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,846 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Heckler wrote: »
    Living around the Lough/Hawthorn bar area. Can hear the bass from College Road now at nearly 11 as clear as day. Selfish prick students are back.

Youth is wasted on the young I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Preempting your next question “how can you tell if you didn’t go in?” It’s easy to see outside and through windows. They were busy, no proper distancing going on. Meant to be table service only ya? That wasn’t happening. People on top on each other. Some are going to be better than others obviously.

What ones were you in yourself?

God bless your eyesight anyway.

Only been in The Woodford, no complaints.

Reduction in hospitals in Cork today. Mercy down from 5 to 3 patients, CUH went down to 0 in the afternoon but has gone back up to 1 since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

TheChizler wrote: »
    God bless your eyesight anyway.

Only been in The Woodford, no complaints.

20/20

I was in the River Lee Hotel myself few weeks ago. Very enjoyable, nice to be able to do that again. But that’s being run more as a restaurant than a pub. With low incidence the risk is minuscule anyway so I wasn’t concerned. But even with Dublin case numbers, if places were able to operate like them I wouldn’t think it would be too much of a problem staying open.

But clearly the way some pubs are, it is going to be a problem if cases start to rise here. If they get shut again, they’ll be complaining but they should look in the mirror. It’s not fair on those that are being sensible. Good businesses are going to suffer because of the actions of others.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

https://www.corkbeo.ie/news/local-news/big-secondary-school-southside-two-18974556
    Douglas Comm with some cases.

https://twitter.com/NiamhLQB/status/1307771876886937602?s=19

Look after yourselves lads, the confirmed cases here are rising.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

s1ippy wrote: »
    https://www.corkbeo.ie/news/local-news/big-secondary-school-southside-two-18974556
    Douglas Comm with some cases.

https://twitter.com/NiamhLQB/status/1307771876886937602?s=19

Look after yourselves lads, the confirmed cases here are rising.

You'll have assholes thinking 36 is a low number and somehow think they can do what they want because of that.

But I'm very worried for Cork now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    It's dead right. Your idea of social distancing and what's right could be two different things. Your post is not helpful at all and this grovelling is even worse.

WTF are you on about? Grovelling to what/ who? Get a ****ing grip man ( if you can that is)on the blow?

It's dead right. Your idea of social distancing and what's right could be two different things. Your post is not helpful at all and this grovelling is even worse.

That’s as maybe ref my perception ( maybe I imagined it you’re suggesting? Unfortunately for you my 17 year old was with me as we passed to where our car was parked)
    And tbh I’m bloody worried about being in a lock down again, we are taking our safety and those related to us old and young seriously aswell, maybe you should do likewise I suggest

WTF are you on about? Grovelling to what/ who? Get a ****ing grip man ( if you can that is)on the blow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,167 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has Cork the most schools with cases?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

You'll have assholes thinking 36 is a low number and somehow think they can do what they want because of that.

But I'm very worried for Cork now.

It is a low number, the trend is worrying alright, thankfully yesterday's number was 25. Everyone that doesn't agree with you is not an asshole and everyone that thinks 36 is a low number doesn't think they can do what they want. Everyone has a responsibility to take precautions.

96fm just reported care home outbreak in Montenotte and at least one case in Penneys Wilton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Has Cork the most schools with cases?

hmm...I saw a twitter account the other day which maintained a list of schools across the country with cases reported. Can't find it right now though. I doubt Cork is the worst...just that we pay attention to and hear about Cork more obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

96fm just reported care home outbreak in Montenotte and at least one case in Penneys Wilton

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Covid-cases-confirmed-at-Cork-nursing-home-Penneys-and-school-0bdf8061-eb9b-43e5-bc96-d09d399e9b11-ds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

That’s as maybe ref my perception ( maybe I imagined it you’re suggesting? Unfortunately for you my 17 year old was with me as we passed to where our car was parked)
    And tbh I’m bloody worried about being in a lock down again, we are taking our safety and those related to us old and young seriously aswell, maybe you should do likewise I suggest

Everyone is worried about being in lockdown again. You posting here about it isn't helping relieve anyone's worries and achieves nothing. That pub has probably worked it's balls off to get to open and you're straight in sticking the knife in when it probably was all compliant. I'm not saying you imagined it but many times I've looked at a pub, match, area and thought jesus that's crowded but in reality they are following guidelines on closer inspection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I had to attend SIVUH today for an X-ray. On arrival I was asked by a security man if I had an appointment and directed to check in with the nurse at reception. I have no idea why a nurse is doing the work of a receptionist but she was not at all pleasant. I gave her the details of my appointment and was simply told “read the list” as she nodded her head in the direction of a list of questions. I duly read the list and said I was clear of all signs of COVID at which time she answered me with “left and left again”. Seriously, I know these are difficult times but a bit of pleasantry would go a long way especially for older people who may be very daunted by having to visit a hospital in these times. The radiologist was an absolute pleasure to deal with. - a true professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

34 today in Cork

34 today in Cork

Fcek cases on the up :(

Skibbereen is supposedly to have a cluster

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Fcek cases on the up :(

Skibbereen is supposedly to have a cluster

This needs to be taken into account also. 34 cases yes but not all in the city if this is the case. Cork as a county is a lot bigger then Dublin.

Everyone is worried about being in lockdown again. You posting here about it isn't helping relieve anyone's worries and achieves nothing. That pub has probably worked it's balls off to get to open and you're straight in sticking the knife in when it probably was all compliant. I'm not saying you imagined it but many times I've looked at a pub, match, area and thought jesus that's crowded but in reality they are following guidelines on closer inspection.

Was actually referring to outside that pub not inside, obviously I couldn’t see in

This needs to be taken into account also. 34 cases yes but not all in the city if this is the case. Cork as a county is a lot bigger then Dublin.

We are the largest county in ROI

Cork Lass wrote: »
    I had to attend SIVUH today for an X-ray. On arrival I was asked by a security man if I had an appointment and directed to check in with the nurse at reception. I have no idea why a nurse is doing the work of a receptionist but she was not at all pleasant. I gave her the details of my appointment and was simply told “read the list” as she nodded her head in the direction of a list of questions. I duly read the list and said I was clear of all signs of COVID at which time she answered me with “left and left again”. Seriously, I know these are difficult times but a bit of pleasantry would go a long way especially for older people who may be very daunted by having to visit a hospital in these times. The radiologist was an absolute pleasure to deal with. - a true professional.
    They’re under serious pressure,during lockdown I attended A and E , was surprised at it being so busy asked a nurse and was told between house parties kids on trampolines etc and hey were up the walls

• Advertisement

Was actually referring to outside that pub not inside, obviously I couldn’t see in

Advertisement