Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

A large proportion of cases nationwide today (almost 60%) were close contacts. You would assume most if not all of Cork’s cases are close contacts, given the well documented clusters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭Sonrisa

Cork Lass wrote: »
    I had to attend SIVUH today for an X-ray. On arrival I was asked by a security man if I had an appointment and directed to check in with the nurse at reception. I have no idea why a nurse is doing the work of a receptionist but she was not at all pleasant. I gave her the details of my appointment and was simply told “read the list” as she nodded her head in the direction of a list of questions. I duly read the list and said I was clear of all signs of COVID at which time she answered me with “left and left again”. Seriously, I know these are difficult times but a bit of pleasantry would go a long way especially for older people who may be very daunted by having to visit a hospital in these times. The radiologist was an absolute pleasure to deal with. - a true professional.

You can always get someone who is tired and cranky! I was asked all the questions in CUH today by a lovely bubbly nurse who said "this is an awful pain but hopefully we'll all be nicer people when it's over", as she checked my temperature and send me to re-wash and sanitise my hands.

As of 8am this morning the CUH is officially empty of COVID patients again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,163 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

As of 8am this morning the CUH is officially empty of COVID patients again

That is great news, any update on Mercy?

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    That is great news, any update on Mercy?

I think there’s 4 in the Mercy with 1 sadly in critical care

• Advertisement

They’re under serious pressure,during lockdown I attended A and E , was surprised at it being so busy asked a nurse and was told between house parties kids on trampolines etc and hey were up the walls

Are they not listening to the health minister Stephen Donnelly about trampolines :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Vieira82

Are they not listening to the health minister Stephen Donnelly about trampolines :P

About a month ago had to go to CUH at around 1 AM on a Monday (kidney stones) A&E was insanely busy, I ended up only being seen at 8 AM waiting room packed all the way to the normal wards on the opposite side. If you'd look down the corridor you'd see them incredibly busy, docs, nurses, non-stop working the whole night.

The place was so packed they finally found a place to put me, that essentially was the staff break room. After a CAT scan, X-Ray and loads and loads of waiting I was discharged at 4 PM on Monday.

Cases in there was everything, I could see a lad with a broken arm an elderly man that could not walk... everything... fair play to the docs and nurses on that night absolutely no rest or time to stop. Curious enough when I got discharged there where less ppl waiting.

I heard somewhere CUH is the only A&E for the whole county during the night is this true in anyway? Sounds bad if someone in Bantry or Beara Peninsula needs urgent care that they have to endure a 2 hour ambulance ride to Cork...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Vieira82 wrote: »
    About a month ago had to go to CUH at around 1 AM on a Monday (kidney stones) A&E was insanely busy, I ended up only being seen at 8 AM waiting room packed all the way to the normal wards on the opposite side. If you'd look down the corridor you'd see them incredibly busy, docs, nurses, non-stop working the whole night.

The place was so packed they finally found a place to put me, that essentially was the staff break room. After a CAT scan, X-Ray and loads and loads of waiting I was discharged at 4 PM on Monday.

Cases in there was everything, I could see a lad with a broken arm an elderly man that could not walk... everything... fair play to the docs and nurses on that night absolutely no rest or time to stop. Curious enough when I got discharged there where less ppl waiting.

I heard somewhere CUH is the only A&E for the whole county during the night is this true in anyway? Sounds bad if someone in Bantry or Beara Peninsula needs urgent care that they have to endure a 2 hour ambulance ride to Cork...

I was in CUH A&E last year and some people were advised to go to other hospitals after waiting 15 hours.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I was in CUH A&E last year and some people were advised to go to other hospitals after waiting 15 hours.
    In my case I live near Dunmanway could not stand the pain was alone here so called an ambullance. When they got to me I was already running a fever and vomiting. Took one hour more or less to go from here to CUH by ambulance... TBH I thought they'd go to Bantry or something not to Cork.

Vieira82 wrote: »
    In my case I live near Dunmanway could not stand the pain was alone here so called an ambullance. When they got to me I was already running a fever and vomiting. Took one hour more or less to go from here to CUH by ambulance... TBH I thought they'd go to Bantry or something not to Cork.

Is Bantry A&E closed?

• Advertisement

Is Bantry A&E closed?

If you google it, it shows open 24 hours... though on two occasions I called an ambulance out of hours CUH it was... would not be surprised they're trying to wind down ppl going there since last year they where thinking of closing the Hospital?

21 new cases in Cork today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Thankfully it’s down and not up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1308814316595011589/photo/1

For all the hysteria still one of the lower rates per 100k population.

It's still increasing even if we are one of the lower rates, this time last week we were pretty much second last just above Sligo.

I consider over 5 bad, high for Cork considering how well we were doing :o:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1308814316595011589/photo/1

For all the hysteria still one of the lower rates per 100k population.

What hysteria?

No one here is panicking or hysterical. Just cautious of the increase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭Sonrisa

It's not out of control but we'll have to wait until next week to really see where we are. Hopefully we can do a Limerick.

https://twitter.com/pearseahern/status/1308825170161864706?s=20

More cases in Cork in last 14 days than in June, July and August - EchoLive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Shamrocks GAA have suspended activity awaiting testing results

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

There’s been 5 confirmed cases among pupils and staff in St. Gabriel’s school in Bishopstown. It’s a school for children with special needs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

no coincidence cork has gone to pieces since the schools reopened its all over the place now unfortunately besides the cases above i know of another few in pepsi carrigaline and elsewhere -we will be like dublin in 2 weeks

There’s been 5 confirmed cases among pupils and staff in St. Gabriel’s school in Bishopstown. It’s a school for children with special needs.

It's tough with schools reopened

Know of an individual who went to get tested, and a few hours after their test went to a gathering and has since tested positive so now have put the entire gathering at risk. Really should be massive fines for these situations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Know of an individual who went to get tested, and a few hours after their test went to a gathering and has since tested positive so now have put the entire gathering at risk. Really should be massive fines for these situations.

Seriously, what is wrong with people??? If I discovered that someone I knew had gone for a test and then met up with me, they wouldn't be my friend anymore. That is just utter stupidity :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

That's bloody maddening

What an idiot that individual is

Exactly fine the fcekers

Unfortunately the concept of fining is not something Ireland does very often asides from enforcing the road laws

Out of curiosity was the individual old or young not that it really matters, stupid selfish behaviour

• Advertisement

Out of curiosity was the individual old or young not that it really matters, stupid selfish behaviour

Young, mid 20s type

Advertisement