Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Know of an individual who went to get tested, and a few hours after their test went to a gathering and has since tested positive so now have put the entire gathering at risk. Really should be massive fines for these situations.

I can’t understand how when someone gets tested they continue on as normal , not knowing what the result might be. Def should be massive fines.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

Know of an individual who went to get tested, and a few hours after their test went to a gathering and has since tested positive so now have put the entire gathering at risk. Really should be massive fines for these situations.

I really hope s/he didn’t pass it on to anyone who was at the gathering. Seriously how angry would you be if you found out that information and was at that gathering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

I really hope s/he didn’t pass it on to anyone who was at the gathering. Seriously how angry would you be if you found out that information and was at that gathering

Maybe if an individual doesn’t wan to take risk of getting Covid they shouldn’t attend the gathering themselves? It’s not rocket science, clue is in the name “gathering”.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

begbysback wrote: »
    Maybe if an individual doesn’t wan to take risk of getting Covid they shouldn’t attend the gathering themselves? It’s not rocket science, clue is in the name “gathering”.

I personally would not nor have I attended any gatherings
    It’s also not rocket science for an individual to isolate while waiting on results of their Covid test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

What was the highest number for cork? We could be looking at 40+ today going by all the reports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

What was the highest number for cork? We could be looking at 40+ today going by all the reports.
    13th April - 87
    13th May - 90

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1309087135710969862

1 Dublin 140.3
    2 Donegal 122.5
    3 Louth 106.3
    4 Waterford 97.3
    5 Wicklow 76.5
    6 Kildare 70.6
    7 Roscommon57.3
    8 Offaly 56.4
    9 Westmeath51.8
    10 Laois 47.2
    11 Clare 44.6
    12 Carlow 40.4
    13 Galway 38.8
    14 Limerick 38.5
    15 Meath 37.9
    16 Monaghan 37.5
    17 Longford 36.7
    18 Cork 35.9
    19 Leitrim 34.3
    20 Mayo 29.9
    21 Wexford 23.4
    22 Kilkenny 23.2
    23 Cavan 21
    24 Kerry 19
    25 Sligo 18.3
    26 Tipperary 16.9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭Sonrisa

+34 today in Cork

Not great but not surprising

At least we don't seem to be going beyond mid thirties in cases

Doesn't seem to be any major increases in case numbers here since the 30 odd early this week. Dublin driving case numbers again with 170 tonight - the equivalent of circa ~70 here

• Advertisement

Donegal went to level 3 today with 42 new cases reported. For comparison, Cork would require ~140 cases today for the same per capita result.

The COVID LEA dashboard has been updated:

Cases per LEA in Cork last 14 days (08/09/2020 - 21/09/2020)

Bantry-West Cork ~ Confirmed Cases in LEA: Less than 5 cases, LEA rate per 100k pop: Less than 5 cases

Skibbereen-West Cork ~ Confirmed Cases in LEA: Less than 5 cases, LEA rate per 100k pop: Less than 5 cases

Macroom ~ Confirmed Cases in LEA: 9, LEA rate per 100k pop: 24.4

Bandon-Kinsale ~ Confirmed Cases in LEA: 9, LEA rate per 100k pop: 24.1

Kanturk ~ Confirmed Cases in LEA: Less than 5 cases, LEA rate per 100k pop: Less than 5 cases

Mallow ~ Confirmed Cases in LEA: 8, LEA rate per 100k pop: 27.4

Fermoy ~ Confirmed Cases in LEA: 18, LEA rate per 100k pop: 49.4

Midleton ~ Confirmed Cases in LEA: 9, LEA rate per 100k pop: 19.8

Cork City North East ~ Confirmed Cases in LEA: 24, LEA rate per 100k pop: 56.9

Cork City South West ~ Confirmed Cases in LEA: 28, LEA rate per 100k pop: 59.5

Carrigaline ~ Confirmed Cases in LEA: Less than 5 cases, LEA rate per 100k pop: Less than 5 cases

Cork City South East ~ Confirmed Cases in LEA: 19, LEA rate per 100k pop: 44.4

Cobh ~ Confirmed Cases in LEA: 13, LEA rate per 100k pop: 38.1

Cork City South Central ~ Confirmed Cases in LEA: 16, LEA rate per 100k pop: 41.4

Cork City North West ~ Confirmed Cases in LEA: 7, LEA rate per 100k pop: 17.4

Clearly see the areas where the clusters in the news lately have been identified.

Latest Cork 14 day incidence map, up to the 21st.

Can quite clearly see the Bishopstown area and around Glanmire/Montenotte is pretty much the worst.

527321.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Cork as a county would be a lot harder to lock down then the other counties i'd imagine, its just so vast. West cork there has barely any cases yet Cork City has the most. I wonder if they would lock down by LEA? Highly unlikely but would understand the frustration in West Cork if it were to happen

Cork as a county would be a lot harder to lock down then the other counties i'd imagine, its just so vast. West cork there has barely any cases yet Cork City has the most. I wonder if they would lock down by LEA? Highly unlikely but would understand the frustration in West Cork if it were to happen
    I can't see restrictions in Cork tbh. Our highest incidence in one LEA is 59. To reach lockdown levels the county as a whole would need to reach ~100, something which I doubt we'll see.
    As you say, Cork is so vast, you simply couldn't do county-wide restrictions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

Why the jump in Fermoy anyone know? As a Fermoy native I've not heard of any local incidences, must be well kept quiet.

Why the jump in Fermoy anyone know? As a Fermoy native I've not heard of any local incidences, must be well kept quiet.

It’s Fermoy LEA, and it’s a massive area. Wouldn’t be too concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Whilst it’s on the rise here we’re certainly not doing bad!

Hopefully still it’s just a small spike

They just namechecked Cork during the press conference, despite 17 counties having a worse incidence....

Who said that?

There does seem to be a hankering from some to lock down Cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,239 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

They just namechecked Cork during the press conference, despite 17 counties having a worse incidence....

Ridiculous thing to do along with the other counties. Stick to Donegal Taoiseach for the moment.

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Who said that?

There does seem to be a hankering from some to lock down Cork

CMO and Micheal. Areas in Donegal have incidences of 300+, the highest in Cork is 59 in Ballincollig :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭Sonrisa

I can't see restrictions in Cork tbh. Our highest incidence in one LEA is 59. To reach lockdown levels the county as a whole would need to reach ~100, something which I doubt we'll see.
    As you say, Cork is so vast, you simply couldn't do county-wide restrictions.

You surely couldn't take that approach in Cork could you? The city could be well above 100 then, if west cork stays low.

CMO and Micheal. Areas in Donegal have incidences of 300+, the highest in Cork is 59 in Ballincollig :confused:

Ballincollig LEA is high alright but hopefully it's a few clusters

Martin should keep his mouth shut when there are other counties higher for their population

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

As Head Of State of the Kanturk LEA!
    Please stay in your own LEA!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

Whilst it’s on the rise here we’re certainly not doing bad!

Hopefully still it’s just a small spike

Not bad me bollix. Place is riddled

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

A Cork Lockdown would need these numbers or more for at least two weeks+. Donegal has gotten locked down at 122/100,000 or so. We are a long way from that yet one would hope unless the clusters start to expand which hopefully will not happen. If anything Louth, Waterford, Wicklow would be before us. Definitely not next week anyway.

We aren't doing the best, but we are definitely not in level 3 territory yet until the cases increase which again will hopefully not happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,239 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

A Cork Lockdown would need these numbers or more for at least two weeks+. Donegal has gotten locked down at 122/100,000 or so. We are a long way from that yet one would hope unless the clusters start to expand which hopefully will not happen. If anything Louth, Waterford, Wicklow would be before us. Definitely not next week anyway.

We aren't doing the best, but we are definitely not in level 3 territory yet until the cases increase which again will hopefully not happen

Hopefully they don’t come before us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,846 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Young, mid 20s type

No matter how disciplined most people are, there are too many selfish gob****es who will ruin it .

Advertisement