Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

That'll stand to them in the long run(Sober Lane)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

KrustyUCC wrote: »

all over the city -pity we were doing so well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Fair play to sober lane, didnt need to but did

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Know of an individual who went to get tested, and a few hours after their test went to a gathering and has since tested positive so now have put the entire gathering at risk. Really should be massive fines for these situations.

Out of curiosity, were they symptomatic?
    Not condoning it obviously but imagining they felt ok and thought they didn’t have it? Did they get tested because they were a close contact rather than having symptoms themselves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,163 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CMO and Micheal. Areas in Donegal have incidences of 300+, the highest in Cork is 59 in Ballincollig :confused:

How can you see 59 in Ballincollig :o:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Know of an individual who went to get tested, and a few hours after their test went to a gathering and has since tested positive so now have put the entire gathering at risk. Really should be massive fines for these situations.

Up to £10,000 fine for people who break isolation rules in the UK

If they were symptomatic, they should be doing the 14 days or whatever it is now - even if the symptoms clear up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

Report the prick to the law

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

Report the prick to the law

They couldn’t do anything- there’s no legislation

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How can you see 59 in Ballincollig :o:confused:
    I posted the up to date incidence rates on the page prior

I posted the up to date incidence rates on the page prior

Is that from https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/ ?

How can you see from a particular town or city area :o:confused:

• Advertisement

Is that from https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/ ?

How can you see from a particular town or city area :o:confused:
    Yeah you just zoom in on the map in the bottom. Ballincollig = Cork City South West - 28 cases last 14 days and incidence of 59.5

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Daisy03

People keep referring to it as the Ballincollig LEA but it incorporates a fairly large part of the city/county. It seems to include Leghanmore and extends beyond Cork airport. The population of the LEA is 47k and Ballincollig has a population of around 18k to 20k so its less than half of the population.

Just to give some reassurance to Ballincollig people that it doesnt mean that there are necessarily 59 cases in thr village.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, were they symptomatic?
    Not condoning it obviously but imagining they felt ok and thought they didn’t have it? Did they get tested because they were a close contact rather than having symptoms themselves?

No excuses allowed. If they had taken a test and waiting on results, they have to isolate.

I presume they tell you to isolate until results are back when getting tested, does anyone know? I don't know, I haven't been tested yet.

No excuses allowed. If they had taken a test and waiting on results, they have to isolate.

I presume they tell you to isolate until results are back when getting tested, does anyone know? I don't know, I haven't been tested yet.

I think as they are adverts everywhere even if your own GP or the tester do not inform you to isolate while waiting on result, common sense should prevail not be a selfish asshole, I haven't been tested but know two who were but negative thank god but they hide away until results

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

Yes GP and the testers tell you to isolate until you receive your results.
    Also advised that anyone living in your household should restrict their movements until person who has been tested receives their results
    Written literature is also given at the testing centre which explains this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I got tested due to a routine visit to the hospital and I never even heard the result, when the swab was taken 2 days before my appointment I was told no news is good news

I got tested due to a routine visit to the hospital and I never even heard the result, when the swab was taken 2 days before my appointment I was told no news is good news

You never got the result?

You never got the result?

No, I was told to go to the appointment if I didn't hear from them, I presume the hospital did, I never asked, I would have been shocked if I had it, few contacts, no known cases in my area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭RINO87

No, I was told to go to the appointment if I didn't hear from them, I presume the hospital did, I never asked, I would have been shocked if I had it, few contacts, no known cases in my area.

Same, swabbed a few days before a procedure - "no news is good news". Bit odd really if you ask me - they obviously had to inform the hospital that the test was clear, why not the patient too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,103 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I can go one better than the guy who went to the party when awaiting test results.

I have a friend who runs a bar (closed until this week).
    He has a friend whose wife tested positive (40s).
    The day after the positive result, yer man is onto my buddy wanting to know if he can call in for a few beers!!
    Some friend!

• Advertisement

RINO87 wrote: »
    Same, swabbed a few days before a procedure - "no news is good news". Bit odd really if you ask me - they obviously had to inform the hospital that the test was clear, why not the patient too?

It would still be a waste of resources, I was happy with it that way

Does South Infirmary Victoria hospital test on admissions for procedures?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

I can go one better than the guy who went to the party when awaiting test results.

I have a friend who runs a bar (closed until this week).
    He has a friend whose wife tested positive (40s).
    The day after the positive result, yer man is onto my buddy wanting to know if he can call in for a few beers!!
    Some friend!
    He's a waste of an underpants

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

Government looking into shutting down city centre next week putting in curfew just in time for students spreading it all over the place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Fabio

Level 42 wrote: »
    Government looking into shutting down city centre next week putting in curfew just in time for students spreading it all over the place

Any source?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1309467109446033409?s=20

Looks like they may try and do what I was talking about yesterday, lockdown cities rather then the entire county which tbf, would make sense if Cork city had a big outbreak making us go to level 3 when Skibbereen and Castletownsend are covid free pretty much

Taoiseach says NPHET may advise Govt on restrictions in cities such as Cork, Waterford, Limerick and Galway, where number of cases continues to rise - RTE News Twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

RINO87 wrote: »

I heard the test is horrible and really painful. Someone told me u can get it done through bloods aswell, would prefer that.

Taoiseach says NPHET may advise Govt on restrictions in cities such as Cork, Waterford, Limerick and Galway, where number of cases continues to rise - RTE News Twitter

Donnelly just said the opposite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1309466968836263936

1 Donegal 148.2
    2 Dublin 144.5
    3 Louth 107.8
    4 Waterford 86.9
    5 Wicklow 74.4
    6 Kildare 72.8
    7 Roscommon 62
    8 Offaly 59