Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

fin12 wrote: »
    I heard the test is horrible and really painful. Someone told me u can get it done through bloods aswell, would prefer that.

I didn’t find the swab painful at all, bit of a weird sensation but most def not painful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭Be right back

I heard the test is horrible and really painful. Someone told me u can get it done through bloods aswell, would prefer that.

It's not painful at all. Just feels weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,163 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Donnelly just said the opposite

FF who never communicate with each other :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

RINO87 wrote: »
    Same, swabbed a few days before a procedure - "no news is good news". Bit odd really if you ask me - they obviously had to inform the hospital that the test was clear, why not the patient too?

We got our results per text, was this not always the way or is it a recent set up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

It’s unpleasant but not painful. Swab the back of the throat and up both nostrils. Over in 1min.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭whatever76

It’s unpleasant but not painful. Swab the back of the throat and up both nostrils. Over in 1min.

Agree - its not painful just unpleasent. Found nostrils worse than the throat !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

It's possible if you've ever broken your nose in the past (like me) it could be more painful.

I had to have some kind of nasal tube inserted before, but they couldn't because one of my nostrils is partially blocked by bone. Of course, they just tried pushing the tube in harder, not the wisest move! The biggest problem is - I can never remember which nostril is the blocked one, so have to go through the same process each time. Really hope I don't have to go through this test.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Another 32 in cork today. Hearing of a few schools such as Glasheen and others in the area having a few cases but remaining open with some pods being tested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Cases stable enough, I reckon it'll drop early next week when clusters filter through.

Cases stable enough, I reckon it'll drop early next week when clusters filter through.

Let's hope so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

who_me wrote: »
    It's possible if you've ever broken your nose in the past (like me) it could be more painful.

I had to have some kind of nasal tube inserted before, but they couldn't because one of my nostrils is partially blocked by bone. Of course, they just tried pushing the tube in harder, not the wisest move! The biggest problem is - I can never remember which nostril is the blocked one, so have to go through the same process each time. Really hope I don't have to go through this test.
    Ffs I’m in the same boat

Another 32 in cork today. Hearing of a few schools such as Glasheen and others in the area having a few cases but remaining open with some pods being tested.

Carrigaline seemingly ( from a doctor) is awash with Covid, I sincerely hope not the bloody thought of no work and another lockdown is horrible

who_me wrote: »

Ffs I’m in the same boat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭opus

Few friends had to have tests a few weeks back, differing experiences. Most said it was fine but one person told me they had to park their car & wait for a while afterwards as it was so painful.

Another friend got redeployed to testing at Pairc Ui Chaoimh back in the "bad" times & she was saying a lot of people were quite surprised by the test (not in a good way!). So your mileage will vary I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

opus wrote: »
    Few friends had to have tests a few weeks back, differing experiences. Most said it was fine but one person told me they had to park their car & wait for a while afterwards as it was so painful.

Another friend got redeployed to testing at Pairc Ui Chaoimh back in the "bad" times & she was saying a lot of people were quite surprised by the test (not in a good way!). So your mileage will vary I guess.

Its over in 2 seconds so even if uncomfortable, its over before you know it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I’m due to be tested on Monday as I’m booked in for a procedure on Wednesday so I’ll report back to say how it was.

Cork Lass wrote: »
    I’m due to be tested on Monday as I’m booked in for a procedure on Wednesday so I’ll report back to say how it was.

Good Luck with All

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Got tested monday before a procedure and have to say theres no pain just discomfort for a moment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Absolutely no pain when done correctly. I'd imagine those taking the swabs are well able by now.

Any confirmation on the "curfew"? I like a night time walk so I'd be disappointed if that was brought in. It's mostly quieter around the place at night so you don't run the risk of getting caught in crowded situations or meeting people who are head melters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,239 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Got tested monday before a procedure and have to say theres no pain just discomfort for a moment

Would either of ye have gotten tested had ye not being having a procedure ? I hope it went well and will go well whatever it was. I mean prior to COVID in patients to hospital would be tested for stuff in general.

• Advertisement

Had a consultation in the CUH today. I’d say ~25% of staff weren’t wearing masks. Couldn’t believe it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Had a consultation in the CUH today. I’d say ~25% of staff weren’t wearing masks. Couldn’t believe it.

Presume they kept their distance and you were not in contact for too long

Presume they kept their distance and you were not in contact for too long

Father works there, it’s mandatory for staff to wear them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭Sonrisa

Haha, same, getting a test end of next week for before a procedure! So trying extra hard not to get it this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Would either of ye have gotten tested had ye not being having a procedure ? I hope it went well and will go well whatever it was. I mean prior to COVID in patients to hospital would be tested for stuff in general.

No, I wouldn’t have the test unless necessary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

I was in about 2 weeks ago, and they all had masks. Didn’t see one without a mask. Weird it’s changed so much in a short period.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Itssoeasy wrote: »

You cant just decide to have the test. If I thought I had symptoms or if I'd been a close contact yes I would have gotten tested. But if not theres no need

That's bad for CUH, is PPE short again?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Another 36 cases today in Cork

• Advertisement

Stable stable, hopefully no higher

Advertisement