Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,239 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Stable stable, hopefully no higher

Hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

You got the neanthertals at communions on the p1ss and partying at free gaffs that can't follow government advice that's what we are up against hard times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

There'll be absolute uproar if they lock the whole county down for 30 cases a day. Idiotic to even suggest it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

There'll be absolute uproar if they lock the whole county down for 30 cases a day. Idiotic to even suggest it.

But they have been mentioning Cork now all week, it seems they are desperate to look down the place.

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »
    But they have been mentioning Cork now all week, it seems they are desperate to look down the place.
    They've mentioned Limerick and Galway too, and they'll never happen. There's a big difference between locking down Donegal and locking down the biggest county.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

Unless the cases drop early next week momentum for the lockdown will continue. Fear mongering now seeing as they have Dublin gone to level 3, gotta keep those votes intact. Political bull****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,163 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Another 36 cases today in Cork

We need cases to start decreasing to stop talk of lockdown restrictions etc., for Cork, it is a worry, the government and NPHET do not want another Dublin situation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,708 ✭✭✭giveitholly

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    We need cases to start decreasing to stop talk of lockdown restrictions etc., for Cork, it is a worry, the government and NPHET do not want another Dublin situation

Yeah it was nearly headline news on rte tonight that cork will probably going into lockdown next thurs/fri. Sure how could they know that now,no one knows what way the number of cases will go the next few days

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Really hope it doesn't happen, one of the things that's kept me going the last couple of months is being able to sit down and have a nice meal in a restaurant, would hate for that to be taken away again. I've just left the hospitality industry too so would hate to see people having to sign on again not long after going back to work.

• Advertisement

Micheal Martin would never win a vote in Cork again if he allowed it to be locked down for 30 cases a day.
    That's the equivalent of ~70 in Dublin per day.

The large gatherings, parties and raves need to stop

The large gatherings, parties and raves need to stop
    Based on the clusters in Cork, they're not really the issue. Workplace clusters and nursing homes.

Apparently Gardai had to break up a few house parties in the city centre and Douglas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭kub

Apparently Gardai had to break up a few house parties in the city centre and Douglas

The places in which these parties were held should be named and shamed at this stage.

kub wrote: »
    The places in which these parties were held should be named and shamed at this stage.
    People's address?

Yes I agree with large fines for the owners/landlords/parents etc.,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭kub

People's address?

Why not ?

Why should we as a society continue to tolerate this carry on? I do not think the usual PC approach is going to work especially with the type of people we must be dealing with having parties during a pandemic.

Why not ?

Why should we as a society continue to tolerate this carry on? I do not think the usual PC approach is going to work especially with the type of people we must be dealing with having parties during a pandemic.
    Yeah, no. House parties are far from the main problem here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Why not ?

Jesus Christ. Is there any hope for us at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

It feels like the public are being treated like children by politicians & media. “We’re going to punish you unless...” It’s tiresome and I’m fed up of the threats.

I don’t see why Galway, Cork are mentioned in the same breath as Donegal, Dublin when our cases are low albeit rising. This comes with the caveat of: I’m not a decision maker and do not have access to the same info as NPHET et al.

How do they justify restricting Cork for c. 30 cases per day when Donegal got moved on the day it had c. 100 cases? Not even adjusted for population.

Anyhow, I’m off home to Galway City to get married next weekend, please God. If you’re a religious type, I’d appreciate prayers for the wedding & marriage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Pen Rua wrote: »
    It feels like the public are being treated like children by politicians & media. “We’re going to punish you unless...” It’s tiresome and I’m fed up of the threats.

I don’t see why Galway, Cork are mentioned in the same breath as Donegal, Dublin when our cases are low albeit rising. This comes with the caveat of: I’m not a decision maker and do not have access to the same info as NPHET et al.

How do they justify restricting Cork for c. 30 cases per day when Donegal got moved on the day it had c. 100 cases? Not even adjusted for population.

Anyhow, I’m off home to Galway City to get married next weekend, please God. If you’re a religious type, I’d appreciate prayers for the wedding & marriage.

Giving them the benefit of the doubt I’ve always assumed it’s based on the information they get from contact tracing and how it’s spreading. If it’s due to a lot of community transmission rather than clusters that can be somewhat contained. For example back in August Tipperary had a spike that came back down without a change in restrictions because it was due to a food processing factory. Tipperary is now one of the lowest for cases per 100k. But maybe I’m wrong and that involves too much logic. If they did explain the logic (if there is one) it would help.

Best of luck with the wedding and the marriage. It can’t be easy with this hanging over ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,462 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Yeah, no. House parties are far from the main problem here.

They're not part of any solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

They've mentioned Limerick and Galway too, and they'll never happen. There's a big difference between locking down Donegal and locking down the biggest county.

Aw,best of luck with it,hope it will all go ahead as planned:)

They're not part of any solution.

Not sure why people don’t get that until there’s a vaccine there is not a solution. COVIDs going nowhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,405 ✭✭✭ofcork

Pfizer seem to be confident of having their vaccine ready in october.

ofcork wrote: »

Yep, emergency approval in November and mass vaccinations beginning in early 2021.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Great to hear, but I wonder what the initial uptake would be like? I'd certainly be holding off for a while to see what the initial affects are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,846 ✭✭✭Zardoz

ofcork wrote: »

Good stuff.
    I've much more faith in an industry based vaccine , the Oxford one is pie in the sky.

• Advertisement

]
    I’m off home to Galway City to get married next weekend, please God. If you’re a religious type, I’d appreciate prayers for the wedding & marriage.

Best of Luck

Advertisement