Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

All students be arriving now I dont expect numbers to go down -reckon we will be hitting high figures every day now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1310217938151108608?s=20

Once it doesn't move past closely watching because we are still not near Level 3 restrictions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,239 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1310217938151108608?s=20

Once it doesn't move past closely watching because we are still not near Level 3 restrictions.

While corks numbers have risen but we are nowhere near Dublin and Donegal and several other counties. Now that could change but hopefully it doesn’t because I keep saying it but the level of mask wearing is very high in general and the outbreaks are in known places so the virus isn’t wandering around the lough ffs.

Maybe I’m being overly sensitive but cork is being lumped in with counties who are closer to level three counties and there’s not a big outbreak in neighbouring counties to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

It would be an absolute joke if Cork was put into level 3 restrictions. Donnelly is just a spoofer. Dublin is understandably in level 3 as is Donegal but we’ve nowhere near the threshold which I suppose is an incident rate of 100 per 100,000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

bee06 wrote: »
    Giving them the benefit of the doubt I’ve always assumed it’s based on the information they get from contact tracing and how it’s spreading. If it’s due to a lot of community transmission rather than clusters that can be somewhat contained. For example back in August Tipperary had a spike that came back down without a change in restrictions because it was due to a food processing factory. Tipperary is now one of the lowest for cases per 100k. But maybe I’m wrong and that involves too much logic. If they did explain the logic (if there is one) it would help.

Best of luck with the wedding and the marriage. It can’t be easy with this hanging over ye.

Best of luck with the big day. I hope it all goes well for you both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Treehelpplease

cork went from being at the bottom to nearly being top 10. i don't think we are level 3 ready yet but maybe their information points to a trend where we will have to. I really think they need to start splitting the city and county into different figures. Dublin is okay as the whole county basically is the city, and the other three aren't big enough, but Cork City's population (including Carrigaline and other county suburbs like Passage West and monkstown) if it was a county would be the fourth biggest county (after Dublin, rest of County Cork and Galway). Cork County is also so huge that cases in Douglas or Glasheen or the city centre shouldn't be counted with cases from Youghal or Bantry or Ballydesmond.

there should be Cork North, Cork East, Cork West and Cork city figures, like this

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

54 cases

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭Sonrisa

+54 today :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Not great but still way below what Donegal’s at per capita.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

But our overlord health minister thinks otherwise

• Advertisement

Santy2015 wrote: »
    But our overlord health minister thinks otherwise

The last few days in Donegal are almost 150 down here

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Cork has the 2nd largest percentage increase in cases in the last two-week period, not looking good going forward

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Vinnie222 wrote: »
    Cork has the 2nd largest percentage increase in cases in the last two-week period, not looking good going forward

Limerick was increasing day on day last week/week before and suddenly flatlined and stopped. Can't say that for certain, lets hope that is what happens here

just gone to sh1t here since the schools re opened just as some thought -not a surprise at all

Vinnie222 wrote: »

You can’t lockdown the biggest county in Ireland for ~30-50 cases per day, primarily in the city. Not happening.

Limerick was increasing day on day last week/week before and suddenly flatlined and stopped. Can't say that for certain, lets hope that is what happens here

Let's hope, the last thing we want is another lockdown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,163 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

We are going the wrong way

You can’t lockdown the biggest county in Ireland for ~30-50 cases per day, primarily in the city. Not happening.

My pt is its growing. 3 weeks ago cases were v low. Just shows how it can get out of hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I know you are trying to put a positive spin on this, and that's fine, but at this stage I do think we are heading for level 3 lockdown unless there is a sudden downward change.

It probably won't happen at 50 per day but that will go up I feel I unfortunately.

How many in hospitals?

It was 102 in total for ROI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I think once we push close to 100 cases a day, we'd have to locked down. 30-50 is small numbers with our population

unfortunately it will be locked down next week before we go to 100 plus a day

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭rodders999

How did Limerick manage to get on top of things? Were a lot of their cases traveller related and therefore relatively easy to contain? I know they had a pop up test centre in Rathkeale so they attacked the outbreak at one of its sources. Hopefully we’re in a position to follow suit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭cantalach

rodders999 wrote: »
    How did Limerick manage to get on top of things? Were a lot of their cases traveller related and therefore relatively easy to contain? I know they had a pop up test centre in Rathkeale so they attacked the outbreak at one of its sources. Hopefully we’re in a position to follow suit.

Yes, the LED map shows it was really around Rathkeale and not the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Im not sure if it was mentioned here, but I heard today that a special school (Which was closed during the week with 6 cases (staff and pupils)) has had a further 6 cases, mostly no symptoms. At this rate we may see many schools having to close, even before the midterm.

Im not sure if it was mentioned here, but I heard today that a special school (Which was closed during the week with 6 cases (staff and pupils)) has had a further 6 cases, mostly no symptoms. At this rate we may see many schools having to close, even before the midterm.

St. Gabriel's?

110 in hospital 18 ICU

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    110 in hospital 18 ICU

In Cork?

• Advertisement

In Cork?

5, 1 in ICU

Advertisement