Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

21 cases. A nice drop. Hopefully it keeps on dropping

What were our cases last Monday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

titan18 wrote: »
    What were our cases last Monday?

Clusters centered around the city according to Glynn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,163 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

70 cases associated with pubs/restaurants out of 350 or so in Cork in the last few weeks

I wonder did all close for cleaning and staff testing etc., is Soho reopened?

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

St Gabriel’s closed, bean town closed, Thomson’s and Sober lane closed so they seem to be closing and testing staff which is good

• Advertisement

Of course they closed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Thompson’s was another that closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Did Soho and old oak have cases? First time hearing of them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Hopefully they stay low and it’s not just a weekend delay

• Advertisement

Hopefully they stay low and it’s not just a weekend delay
    There was 100+ backlogged cases included in today's figure.

Did I read that Germany doing testing again for us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Did I read that Germany doing testing again for us?

Yes, you did.

https://twitter.com/irishaircorps/status/1310272327637250054?s=21

Did Soho and old oak have cases? First time hearing of them!

I heard talk of a bouncer or staff member from Old Oak testing but there is always talk of Old Oak with grotty carry on :D

How long is it actually taking for people to get their results back in Cork? Around 36-48 hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

Got tested today at 3.30, she said within 2 days.

Also asked me if I was a teacher or health worker when submitting my details from the car, which I suppose they're using for statistical purposes.

Also asked me if I was a teacher or health worker when submitting my details from the car, which I suppose they're using for statistical purposes.

It is supposedly 48 hours latest

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

Teacher/ healthcare workers get priority testing so results are meant to come back sooner
    Results for us took 26 hours and 32 hours recently- that was with the priority testing but from what I’ve heard most are notified within 48hrs
    Hope your result is negative the waiting for the results is a bit nerve wracking

Had a bit of a walk around tonight. Usually just go to the Lough from where I live (about 5 mins walk from it) and do a loop or two and head home. Said I'd walk towards the college and down towards Cissie Young's and Galvin's before heading home tonight just to have a look. Considering it's still early enough, lot of students about, few parties, was a lot of people outside Cissie Young's. Did see some Garda presence alright and a group of students were getting fecked out of it by a Garda at the Lough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

Teacher/ healthcare workers get priority testing so results are meant to come back sooner
    Results for us took 26 hours and 32 hours recently- that was with the priority testing but from what I’ve heard most are notified within 48hrs
    Hope your result is negative the waiting for the results is a bit nerve wracking

Thanks, running over 38 sore throat, shivers and sniffles. I'm convinced I don't have it but still we're all in lockdown here until the results come back. Truth be told the smallies love the fact we can't go anywhere, short term.

• Advertisement

Had a bit of a walk around tonight. Usually just go to the Lough from where I live (about 5 mins walk from it) and do a loop or two and head home. Said I'd walk towards the college and down towards Cissie Young's and Galvin's before heading home tonight just to have a look. Considering it's still early enough, lot of students about, few parties, was a lot of people outside Cissie Young's. Did see some Garda presence alright and a group of students were getting fecked out of it by a Garda at the Lough.

Is that the same road the murder happened earlier this year?

If colleges are all online tutoring teaching why are students living in digs, surely saving money staying at home would be a good idea imho

If colleges are all online tutoring teaching why are students living in digs, surely saving money staying at home would be a good idea imho
    All of my college friends have moved in due to the fact that there's no internet in places like rural Tipperary, Clare and Kerry.

All of my college friends have moved in due to the fact that there's no internet in places like rural Tipperary, Clare and Kerry.

Fair point, I wonder what happened the big government investment broadband plan, was it Phil Hogan at one time over that

Be the same stretch of road, yup. Maybe it was just at the time but didn't see any lights on in the campus accomodation up from Mocs, but some of the rented houses were busy. Lots of students walking around and I'd say there was a good 30-40 standing outside Cissies.

Reardens also had a good crowd around last night

Maybe some parts, but there's no need for a very fast connection for online learning. I've a mobile home in rural Kerry and I can get 4g on my mobile there and it's fine to stream video. Am I going to be watching Netflix in 4k or downloading playstation games, nope, but it's more than usable for basic video streaming.

Maybe some parts, but there's no need for a very fast connection for online learning. I've a mobile home in rural Kerry and I can get 4g on my mobile there and it's fine to stream video. Am I going to be watching Netflix in 4k or downloading playstation games, nope, but it's more than usable for basic video streaming.
    You need to be able to upload large files, download large files, stream at ~720p and have bandwidth to spare for webcam and microphone, for online learning.

You need to be able to upload large files, download large files, stream at ~720p and have bandwidth to spare for webcam and microphone, for online learning.

All of that is doable on a mobile connection tbf. Files wouldn't be that large that they're uploading either tbf. Might only have been 10 years ago but for me but essays were a few 1000 words like.

I can understand in some courses, like I did BIS, so there was a large portion of lab work in the course that I don't see how they can do at home (later years probably be fine but not 1st or 2nd year).

A lot of courses don't have any lab work and could be done fully online and not need a very fast internet connection imo.

Not sure why anyone bar the lecturer needs a webcam either. I've done online learning before (non college but professional certs) and it's generally some instructor going through a bunch of material and giving some tests to do. You might need to answer questions, but most had two options to so that (either voice or could type the text in and send) and didn't need video on your side

All of that is doable on a mobile connection tbf. Files wouldn't be that large that they're uploading either tbf. Might only have been 10 years ago but for me but essays were a few 1000 words like.

I can understand in some courses, like I did BIS, so there was a large portion of lab work in the course that I don't see how they can do at home (later years probably be fine but not 1st or 2nd year).

A lot of courses don't have any lab work and could be done fully online and not need a very fast internet connection imo.

Not sure why anyone bar the lecturer needs a webcam either. I've done online learning before (non college but professional certs) and it's generally some instructor going through a bunch of material and giving some tests to do. You might need to answer questions, but most had two options to so that (either voice or could type the text in and send) and didn't need video on your side
    I'm doing BIS :D All our labs have been virtualised.

• Advertisement

I'm doing BIS :D All our labs have been virtualised.

A fellow BISer? :o

Advertisement