Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

marno21 wrote: »
    Cork's 14 day incidence rate (per 100k) is now 71.47 with today's included.

Lockdown thresholds for reference:

6th August: Laois (69.7), Offaly (80.8), Kildare (82.2)
    16th September: Dublin 114.2
    24th September: Donegal 148.2

Most cases are around city so rate there is higher?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Level 3 inevitable :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,163 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

We need the cases to start decreasing

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭EnzoScifo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

If colleges are all online tutoring teaching why are students living in digs, surely saving money staying at home would be a good idea imho

UCC only announced they were going fully online on Friday night. Most students would have had rented somewhere already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

any more talks of stage 3 lockdown?
    I got a hint from my local hotel manager that they wont be open after Monday. Sounded like he knew something. After last nights pictures and the comments from NPHET I cant see Cork still being on level 2 next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

any more talks of stage 3 lockdown?

Well the trend is rising for how many cases you need to going to level 3,hopefully it won't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Well the trend is rising for how many cases you need to going to level 3,hopefully it won't happen.

Don't think it will be as simple as it hitting XX cases triggers level 3. I assume there is a lot more taken into consideration than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

EnzoScifo wrote: »
    UCC only announced they were going fully online on Friday night. Most students would have had rented somewhere already

On top of this most are requiring attendance for 1-2 days for labs etc... Therefore people will go. And many young people want to go anyway for the piss up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

As of 8pm last night, reduction of people in Cork hospitals from 5 to 4 (3 Mercy, 1 CUH) with none in critical care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,444 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

St Gabriel’s closed, bean town closed, Thomson’s and Sober lane closed so they seem to be closing and testing staff which is good

I am not surprised about Bean Town closing. The few times I've been in there I saw very few customers in the queue wearing masks and the management & staff not insisting these people wear masks, absolute joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I am not surprised about Bean Town closing. The few times I've been in there I saw very few customers in the queue wearing masks and the management & staff not insisting these people wear masks, absolute joke.
    I could say that about nearly any business I've been in the last few months. It's a bit unfair to blame their practices when you really don't know any of the details, a lot of these workplace cases seem to be staff picking it up at home or in the community with no actual transmission in the business but it gets associated with their place of work, it could easily be that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,163 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Garda broke up 5 house parties last night or Monday night

UCC didn't want freshers going ahead but Students Union did so went with virtual events

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1311222793346973696?s=20

Up to 71.5 now. Really quickly increasing in the last week which is what I believe NPHET are focusing on. Guess we might find out tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'd assume all 4 of those counties will be progressed to Level 3. Monaghan in particular looks a cert at those numbers. Others might get another week but trend isn't great for them.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

The 14 day incidence rate yesterday consisted of the following case counts for the previous 14 days

7, 8, 14, 21, 36, 24, 34, 21, 34, 32, 36, 54, 27, 40

As you can see, the early case counts in this 14 day period are still quite low as it's before cases started increasing in Cork. When the first 3 days in that 14 day period are flushed out over the next 3 days (assuming there isn't sharp increases), the 14 day incidence rate will begin to flatten out

An example of this is the day that the 54 cases were discovered on Sunday displaced a count of 2 on Sep 12. This moved the 14 day incidence rate from 52.1 to 61.7. Whereas if the case totals stabilise you won't have such large swings as minuscule case numbers are replaced with double digits in the 14 day period for counting the incidence rate.

Let's see what they do with Monaghan as that'll be a bellwether unless there's reckless amounts of cases in Cork over the next few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭opus

Was out for a walk at lunchtime, impressed that Cissie Young's now needs two bouncers at lunchtime on a Wed! Presume this is UCC student party related or that pub has changed a lot since I was last in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

opus wrote: »
    Was out for a walk at lunchtime, impressed that Cissie Young's now needs two bouncers at lunchtime on a Wed! Presume this is UCC student party related or that pub has changed a lot since I was last in there.

Had them there yesterday too when i passed at 7. Don't think I saw them on Monday but there was a load of students standing outside so might have just missed them, or might have been brought on cos there was loads standing outside on Monday

TheChizler wrote: »
    I could say that about nearly any business I've been in the last few months. It's a bit unfair to blame their practices when you really don't know any of the details, a lot of these workplace cases seem to be staff picking it up at home or in the community with no actual transmission in the business but it gets associated with their place of work, it could easily be that.

Not sure what business you are frequenting, but anywhere in cork I have been in the last couple of months has had excellent mask-wearing. Very rare to see anyone without a mask in a business open to public from what I have seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Ludo wrote: »
    Not sure what business you are frequenting, but anywhere in cork I have been in the last couple of months has had excellent mask-wearing. Very rare to see anyone without a mask in a business open to public from what I have seen.
    We've had different experiences so which is perfectly normal. Cafes in particular, unusual to see everyone with masks in queues IME. Mask wearing is high but, outside of places with people on the door, the times I've seen someone without one I've never seen management do anything about it.

Anyway my point is you don't know what the cause of the positive cases was.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

Dublin media all over cork lockdown they won't stop until it happens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭xabi

Level 42 wrote: »

Thankfully it's not their call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Level 42 wrote: »

Feels that way but then again Cork is second largest city - hence so much attention....All the focus on Cork does seem unfair/not quite reflective of figures.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

TheChizler wrote: »
    We've had different experiences so which is perfectly normal...

FFS. Last week when people were on about their experiences of bars, you were quick enough to chime in & say there was no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Level 3 tomorrow I’d say, 60 cases today.
    Unfortunately it hasn’t stabilised.

Level 3 tomorrow I’d say, 60 cases today.
    Unfortunately it hasn’t stabilised.

Yeah pretty much nailed on now unfortunately.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Cork's 14 day incidence rate per 100k is now 81.24 with today's figure of 60 included

Restriction thresholds in previous instances:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,239 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I hope the people from outside cork both here and in other parts online are happy that cork is most likely to level three.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Well this is depressing

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I hope the people from outside cork both here and in other parts online are happy that cork is most likely to level three.

In fairness get over it. It is the right thing to do and there is no great press conspiracy.

Advertisement