Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I hope the people from outside cork both here and in other parts online are happy that cork is most likely to level three.

The reaction on the main thread is ridiculous, anything bad about Cork is met with delight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,239 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well this is depressing

That’s one way to describe it SandS.

The reaction on the main thread is ridiculous, anything bad about Cork is met with delight.

No idea why that is. None of us cork posters were jumping for joy when Donegal and Dublin went into level 3 because it’s a **** thing to happen regardless of what county it’s in.

No idea why that is. None of us cork posters were jumping for joy when Donegal and Dublin went into level 3 because it’s a **** thing to happen regardless of what county it’s in.

It’s the same suspects all the time, isn’t surprising.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

we were doing brilliant up to the summer then the schools opened and it spread like mad

• Advertisement

Ludo wrote: »
    In fairness get over it. It is the right thing to do and there is no great press conspiracy.

Nothing to get over. I’ve never said it’s not the right thing to do. It’s unfortunate but I do wish some people wouldn’t be so happy that Cork is in trouble when people in cork didn’t have the same reaction to it happening in other counties. Is boards.ie and social media press now ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Who gives a ****. It is a meaningless internet forum. Not like the lockdown will be brought in coz people on boards want it

Nothing to get over. I’ve never said it’s not the right thing to do. It’s unfortunate but I do wish some people wouldn’t be so happy that Cork is in trouble when people in cork didn’t have the same reaction to it happening in other counties. Is boards.ie and social media press now ?

You’ve the same suspects on here too, I wouldn’t bother.

unreal we were top of the class then schools opened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

You’ve the same suspects on here too, I wouldn’t bother.

No one is taking any delight in this here. This is generally a sensible thread with open debate on both sides. I have up reading the covid19 forum months ago as it is utterly useless.

• Advertisement

mean gene wrote: »

Well I don’t want to blame schools as they had to open but they are one of the changes along with some pubs who started serving food but I mean mask wearing is high on buses and into shops and the like.

Ludo wrote: »
    No one is taking any delight in this here. This is generally a sensible thread with open debate on both sides. I have up reading the covid19 forum months ago as it is utterly useless.

but ace lives there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,103 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Schools reopened everywhere - at the same time, more or less.
    If schools reopening caused the jump, why didn't everywhere jump in a similar fashion?

Well I don’t want to blame schools as they had to open but they are one of the changes along with some pubs who started serving food but I mean mask wearing is high on buses and into shops and the like.

I do blame the schools all went tits up when they opened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭xabi

What are we looking at ? From Saturday 00:01?

I do blame the schools all went tits up when they opened

Fair enough but I’m just wary to blame any one group.

People who blame schools continue to remain ignorant to the numbers that say schools have had zero impact.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

I haven't seen bus drivers wearing them all week, all over Cork.

Schools reopened everywhere - at the same time, more or less.
    If schools reopening caused the jump, why didn't everywhere jump in a similar fashion?
    Fair enough but I’m just wary to blame any one group.

Well the post quoted above yours makes a fair point in that schools opened all together and if it was schools that were the issue then numbers would have risen across the board and they haven’t really.

s1ippy wrote: »
    I haven't seen bus drivers wearing them all week, all over Cork.

I’ve seen some but bus drivers are behind a screen in their cabs so maybe that’s a protection.

• Advertisement

think back first week in sep it started going up after schools reopened last week of august

think back first week in sep it started going up after schools reopened last week of august

Are you being ignorant to the numbers that say the only age group growing is 19-24?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

NPHET is Will now in effect lockdown 2 counties with the biggest economies. Takes fair balls to shut down the 2 most populous cities as well

Santy2015 wrote: »
    NPHET is Will now in effect lockdown 2 counties with the biggest economies. Takes fair balls to shut down the 2 most populous cities as well

If Cork goes, Galway will too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Tbf, it seems coming from lots of sources. We had cases from foreign travel back in August, sports clubs, schools, likely will have with the college students, pubs etc.

Once one cases happens, it seems hard to contain, as anyone can have it and not know they have it.

Lots of people have been lax in following the guidelines imo, and we're seeing that now.

With today's number, I'd say we're locked down tomorrow sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

If Cork goes, Galway will too.

Also only 4 in hospital in Cork none in ICU

Are you being ignorant to the numbers that say the only age group growing is 19-24?

Are you being ignorant to the facts that schools reopening have opened up clusters all over the city

Are you being ignorant to the facts that schools reopening have opened up clusters all over the city

You’ve just added 2 and 2 and got 5.
    There has been no growth in cases under the age of 19. Not sure why that’s hard to get?
    Please point me to a cluster (2+ cases) in a Cork school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,103 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Well the post quoted above yours makes a fair point in that schools opened all together and if it was schools that were the issue then numbers would have risen across the board and they haven’t really.

Are you quoting and arguing with yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

Please point me to a cluster (2+ cases) in a Cork school.

To be fair St Gabriel’s school in Bishopstown last I heard had 6 cases and that was last week so maybe more at this stage (hopefully not)
    Btw I agree with you I don’t think up until now schools are the driver for the increase in our numbers

Advertisement