Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

We'll have to see what tomorrow is like for Cork. If we get another 60+ tomorrow, after the decrease today, you can assume it's increasing.

Fingers crossed! Great to see UCC take action, might make people realise there's repercussions for stupid carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

57 cases from one cafe cluster in Cork. I presume once these clusters are sorted the numbers will drop, hopefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭chickenlittle

Ronan Glynn just said of a cluster in Cork from a number of people from different households met in a coffee shop and there’s now 57 cases known from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

That the one on Model Farm Road maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,238 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ronan Glynn just said of a cluster in Cork from a number of people from different households met in a coffee shop and there’s now 57 cases known from it.

57 ? Jesus that’s mad from one meeting I’m a coffee shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

That's why we're not level 3, one would assume. Clusters are trackable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭cantalach

That's because of small populations. Not really possible to measure effectively per 100,000 when there's less than 100,000 in the majority of places.

It’s a bit like the way Vatican City has an average Pope density of 4 per sq km.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,159 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is today international coffee day, ban the bean :P no more tea coffee meet ups maybe stay outside in the park 2m apart in groups of 2 and 3 only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

57 cases from one cafe cluster in Cork. I presume once these clusters are sorted the numbers will drop, hopefully
    Anyone know why they didn’t name the cafe? Surely people who frequented the place would like to know?

Anyone know why they didn’t name the cafe? Surely people who frequented the place would like to know?
    If it isn't the cafe's fault then there's no need to name them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

They would/should have contacted the people who needed to know.

I didn’t suggest it was their fault. Just that other customers, who were there, may like to know (be more wary if they have symptoms etc). It’s no worse than the speculation that will naturally occur.

bee06 wrote: »
    Hopefully so. I’m assuming this played into not setting Cork to lvl 3. Good news (or as good as it can be).

I didn’t suggest it was their fault. Just that other customers, who were there, may like to know (be more wary if they have symptoms etc). It’s no worse than the speculation that will naturally occur.
    Anyone who was there at the time would have signed in so would've been contacted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,238 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Sorry to hear that. Hope you will be OK.

I’m delighted there’s no level three for cork actually. But given that people seemed to want cork to go into level 3 I had resigned myself to the fact it would.

The sarcasm isn’t helpful btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,159 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

But 57 cases traced back to it, schools with even one case are named

I do hope cases start to decrease more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I know of around 14 cases in Rostellan/Aghada in East Cork from neighbours meeting up, that would have drove up the Midleton numbers significantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    schools with even one case are named
    Not in a government press release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,444 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

bee06 wrote: »

well we all know Bean Town was affected, they announced it on their social media. I've been in there a few times over the past 2 months getting takeaway coffee and I've never seen them taking contact numbers etc so patrons of the cafe were not being contacted. Has the practice of contact tracing stopped?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I totally agree, it also damages other innocent trade by making people wary of going in. Was due to meet someone for coffee today and they've cancelled as a result just in case it was the venue affected.

I also understand that naming could be extremely damaging to the place and they could have all safeguards in place so I'm. Not just looking at one side, but in balance I think it tips on knowing where this occurred.

• Advertisement

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40058144.html

What restaurant was this does anyone know?
    I wonder was it a pub masquerading as a cafe/restaurant?

I can't imagine social distancing etc was practised with that amount of cases tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Augeo wrote: »

Seems to be a cafe restaurant, difficult to tell how many got it there, if 3 people met there and got it it could be their contacts at home, traced back to is a vague term, if a member of staff had it, it could be 56 customers, there really isn't enough information in the statement.

Seems to be a cafe restaurant.........

Sure voodoo rooms / an brog were a cafe/restaurant at one stage when the pubs/clubs were shut and not even taking food orders off everyone who was "seated" according to two people who posted here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

Augeo wrote: »

I do know which one, but I haven't seen it reported so I'm not going to name it. Café/restaurant confused me when it was called out, but when I learned the rumoured establishment the description made total sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,103 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I do know which one, but I haven't seen it reported so I'm not going to name it. Café/restaurant confused me when it was called out, but when I learned the rumoured establishment the description made total sense.

Very useful post!
    I know but I'm not telling!
    Are you 12?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

Very useful post!
    I know but I'm not telling!
    Are you 12?
    No, I'm not 12, but it's not confirmed, so I'm not calling it out. Surely you understand this?

I'm happy to come back and comment on it when/if the name is in the public domain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

No, I'm not 12, but it's not confirmed, so I'm not calling it out. Surely you understand this?

I'm happy to come back and comment on it when/if the name is in the public domain.

Do they have a Facebook/ social media? Where they explained to customers why the place was closed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

You are absolutely correct in doing this.

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »
    Do they have a Facebook/ social media? Where they explained to customers why the place was closed?

Who said it's been closed?

Advertisement