Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,697 ✭✭✭corks finest

That's what I was thinking, the parents have a total disregard for this lockdown

Gardai should be rung

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Shops were fine in Ballincollig this evening. Nobody panic buying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭cantalach

Worztron wrote: »
    Anyone?

Dr. Tony Holohan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,466 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    They should absolutely be inside.

The underage card will be played yet again. You can't give them a good kick up the hole and send them home anymore.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Didn't see any garda presence in the city centre tonight. Found an open Centra on grand parade.

The city is full of Deliveroo cyclists. Do people not cook anymore? Saturday, I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Didn't see any garda presence in the city centre tonight. Found an open Centra on grand parade.

The city is full of Deliveroo cyclists. Do people not cook anymore? Saturday, I guess.

Lots of them in dublin and wexford etc according to the main thread. Didn't see anything here either, busiest ive seen the roads in a while actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭Be right back

Paul street and north main street are now free of charge as well as on street parking. Limited time. Black ash park and ride is closed.

The underage card will be played yet again. You can't give them a good kick up the hole and send them home anymore.

These are kids maybe 12 and under. Parents live very close so obviously telling them to get out the house cos they are wrecking their heads. Parents need a good fine and maybe that would stop it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,466 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

These are kids maybe 12 and under. Parents live very close so obviously telling them to get out the house cos they are wrecking their heads. Parents need a good fine and maybe that would stop it

Maybe if people actually called the guards instead of sitting on their hands and complaining and wishing that an imaginary guard someone else called is going to rock up to parents with an imaginary fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

Went to Mahon this morning, and dropped into Aldi and Dunnes on the way back. There were queues for Tesco all right, but it went only half way down the car park on the top deck. All very orderly, people kept their distance and were laughing and joking with the doorman and each other. Bit of a queue for Dunnes, but not too bad. Walked straight into Aldi. Staff on the door asking you to clean your hands and wipe over the basket.

Very well organised by all the stores concerned. Thanks and Well done to all for a great job. Can't be easy.

this is taking the p1ss going into 3 different shopping centres no need go into 1 and think of how the rest of us are doing it-people taking the p1ss with this sh1t

• Advertisement

Doesent matter if they're 6/16 rules are there for all and up to the parents/ Gardai to make sure they adhere

Maybe if people actually called the guards instead of sitting on their hands and complaining and wishing that an imaginary guard someone else called is going to rock up to parents with an imaginary fine.
    Correct,I'd have no problem ref what neighbours think,my bloody health is more important than parents who can't be arsed with parenting, FUC*ING snowflake parents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Maybe they dont want to go to the supermarket and get take way instead?

Level 42 wrote: »
    this is taking the p1ss going into 3 different shopping centres no need go into 1 and think of how the rest of us are doing it-people taking the p1ss with this sh1t

<SNIP> Lets keep it civil please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,196 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

cantalach wrote: »
    Oh dear God. We would need another 5 million test kits, and the lab capacity to do the analysis. Even the Koreans can’t manage that!

I thought South Korea flattened their curve by testing everyone whether symptoms or not

WHO is telling test test test

UK, US and South Korea are now trying to manufacture home testing kits

There is a contact tracing app also being developed now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,732 ✭✭✭Worztron

cantalach wrote: »
    Seriously, why are people looking for this advice on boards.ie? And why are people answering. All the information you could possibly want is on the Dept of Health website. What you read over there has been written or fact-checked by an actual doctor. The DoH and the WHO have both called out the masses of amateur information flowing around on social media as one of the biggest issues they face in dealing with this crisis. When are people going to cop on? Don’t ask. Don’t answer.

https://www.gov.ie/en/campaigns/c36c85-covid-19-coronavirus/

This is a discussion thread. Who are you to say that we're not allowed to talk about the CV? BTW - I go to the WHO & HSE webpages.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Are you advising mass panic?
    If not, what was the point of your anecdotal, fear mongering post?

Far from it. I am just putting a question out there. Do you not think it is possible for asymptomatic people to pass on the CV (especially if they have allergies like hay-fever)?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Kerry25x wrote: »
    Coronavirus has a fatty outter layer, hot water dissolves fat better than cold water. It also helps gets a better lather on your soap.

Thanks, Kerry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

fin12 wrote: »
    <SNIP>.

Obviously you are. Anyway we are far beyond that stage now.

The main thread is saying Cork testing suspended as no kits

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The main thread is saying Cork testing suspended as no kits

Yes.Tallaght also. I know it`s a Sunday but I don`t understand why the mainstream media are not highlighting this yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Why? I couldn't get what I needed in one store so had to pop in to get the bits I needed. I did not and do not bulk buy. Not that I need to justify my sh1t to you or anyone else on here. I do what I need to do.

You need to butt out and focus on you. Not me. I can handle my sh1t.

Obviously you are. Anyway we are far beyond that stage now.

I didn’t leave the house for an entire week until yesterday to do my weekly shop which involves going to more than one shop. I’ve got gloves, KN95 masks on when doing so. I will continue to do this as I am doing everything else that is required of me. Having a go at people going to different shops is a f*ckin joke.

Why? I couldn't get what I needed in one store so had to pop in to get the bits I needed. I did not and do not bulk buy. Not that I need to justify my sh1t to you or anyone else on here. I do what I need to do.

You need to butt out and focus on you. Not me. I can handle my sh1t.

ah sure carry on moving around the place being a risk picking and choosing where you shop during a pandemic instead of getting essentials and getting out of there and doing your civic duty

ah sure carry on moving around the place being a risk picking and choosing where you shop during a pandemic instead of getting essentials and getting out of there and doing your civic duty

Read and understand what I posted. If you have difficulty, let me know. I'd be glad to help.

Ur pathetic.

Read and understand what I posted. If you have difficulty, let me know. I'd be glad to help.

you don't get it perhaps you never will

you don't get it perhaps you never will

No. YOU don't get it. But - that's your business. You mind yours. I'll mind mine.

I'll leave it there. I don't have the time nor the inclination for this nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

No. YOU don't get it. But - that's your business. You mind yours. I'll mind mine.

I'll leave it there. I don't have the time nor the inclination for this nonsense.

Unfortunately this is not really a time for "minding your own business". People above saying call the guards on parent of kids outside (I agree by the way). Should they mind their own business also? I unfortunately think you do not really get it.

We are all in this together and should all be minimising our trips and visits to shops. No need to go to 3 different shops in fairness. This behaviour should also be actively discouraged. Essential trips only are the guidelines. One shop not having something does not make a journey to another shop essential. Just get a substitute and go home. Or do without something. Unless it is a vital medicine but of course you wont get that in a supermarket anyway.

Whether you believe it or not, you are potentially endangering others doing this.

• Advertisement

Where is Ireland getting the test kits from? Can anywhere here manufacture?

Some talk of damaged defected PPE from China being sent back by other countries, not enough they gave the virus now giving defected PPE

Advertisement