Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    They played last weekend

As did many other “fresher” college teams in different codes but they are all off this weekend and next

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

UCC senior hurlers, because elite sport is allowed under level 3....

And soccer which isnt allowed under level 3. Something is up because same games from last week are off this week. Not trying to argue just saying the poster may have a point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

And soccer which isnt allowed under level 3. Something is up because same games from last week are off this week. Not trying to argue just saying the poster may have a point
    Because the college started on monday, and they're at level 3. The college wasn't open last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,569 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

There have indeed been cases (and several negatives) in UCC this week - I'm not going to expand beyond that. As I'm an anonymous internet poster though you can you can accept that as fact or not!

Edit: this wasn't a surprise and was expected.

Because the college started on monday, and they're at level 3. The college wasn't open last week.

So the level 3 didn't apply to UCC soccer team playing last weekend. Because the college wasn't open?

• Advertisement

So the level 3 didn't apply to UCC soccer team playing last weekend. Because the college wasn't open?
    Yep, level 3 applied from Monday. If the soccer team is senior they can continue playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,569 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Just to add some clarification. UCC is not at level 3, but level 2 with additional restrictions at the request of the government. The university buildings have been almost entirely open since July 20th and have a footfall of probably a couple of thousand daily between staff, researchers etc Things were actually quite busy again (with students) last week for the first time since all this began, but dead again this week - most of the reopened restaurants have had to close again

Yep, level 3 applied from Monday. If the soccer team is senior they can continue playing.

Yes and all their Fixtures seem to be in doubt this weekend at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,159 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm confused I thought Cork is still level 2 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm confused I thought Cork is still level 2 :confused:

Colleges/Universities are being treated as level 3

• Advertisement

Colleges/Universities are being treated as level 3

In all ROI?

In all ROI?
    Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I was in Oliver Plunkett for breakfast no contact details taken, btw food not nice and expensive

I was there the start of this year and had noticed that the quality of their food has gone down hill. Still think it’s a nice place to go for drinks. Hoping to go there 2morrow, was the social distancing good?

fin12 wrote: »
    I was there the start of this year and had noticed that the quality of their food has gone down hill. Still think it’s a nice place to go for drinks. Hoping to go there 2morrow, was the social distancing good?

Yes not many in there early in the morning

As expected, 75% of cases in Cork & Kerry are cluster related. Seems as if we're being unlucky with the vast size of clusters.

"Figures published by the Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC) show that in the 14-days up to October 1st, 566 cases of Covid-19 were reported in the community healthcare organisation (CHO) 4 area which comprises Cork and Kerry.

Of these, 415 cases, or 73 per cent, were associated with clusters."

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Covid-19-latest-Almost-3-in-4-cases-in-Cork-and-Kerry-linked-with-clusters--3fcfd942-f21e-4c0e-83c8-881bce566831-ds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭Be right back

46 cases in Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,238 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

46 cases in Cork.

Gone down again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭Be right back

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Gone down again.

Let's hope they keep going down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

It is more or less steady averaging around 50 a day. Pointless saying it has gone down based on one day. Three or four days in a row going down would be good. One is meaningless.

Seems to have stabilised a little alright, hopefully low tomorrow too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Hope so. Good thing it's mostly cluster related and they have been detected.

Likely why we haven't gone to level 3.
    Cork/Kerry (CHO4) currently have the highest percent of cases being tracked to clusters. Good news for cases.
    528232.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,103 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I challenged 2 young fellas in Aldi without masks last night. I got the, "I have breathing difficulties", line followed by, "there's no need to be so rude".

I wasn't in the mood for a row so I simply stated that I had not, in any way, been rude.
    I said, word for word, "lads, wearing masks in shops is mandatory."

Another customer approached a staff member about them but was, understandably, told that staff don't challenge this.
    I do think, though, that security should challenge these muppets.

I thought masks face coverings were mandatory too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,697 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I thought masks face coverings were mandatory too

Yes they are but it doesn't mean everybody will wear one. People who have conditions have the excuse not to wear them and others will just say they've a condition.

I challenged 2 young fellas in Aldi without masks last night. I got the, "I have breathing difficulties", line followed by, "there's no need to be so rude".

I wasn't in the mood for a row so I simply stated that I had not, in any way, been rude.
    I said, word for word, "lads, wearing masks in shops is mandatory."

Another customer approached a staff member about them but was, understandably, was told that staff don't challenge this.
    I do think, though, that security should challenge these muppets.

Well it’s pretty simple they should be refused entry to the shop. Saw that happening in a mace shop in Kilkee, girl working there told this woman entering the shop without a mask that she couldn’t come in cause she has no mask.

fin12 wrote: »
    Well it’s pretty simple they should be refused entry to the shop. Saw that happening in a mace shop in Kilkee, girl working there told this woman entering the shop without a mask that she couldn’t come in cause she has no mask.

Serious question. What happens if the person has a medical condition and letter from their GP?

If it was Gemma O'Dorothy she'd just barge past the staff member.

Serious question. What happens if the person has a medical condition and letter from their GP?

If it was Gemma O'Dorothy she'd just barge past the staff member.

I’m guessing if someone had a letter or said they had a medical condition , they would be able to go in.

Yes they are but it doesn't mean everybody will wear one. People who have conditions have the excuse not to wear them and others will just say they've a condition.

Visors or Face Shields

• Advertisement

Visors or Face Shields

There doesn’t seem to be a push for these though. Just people who’ve conditions have a opt out of wearing them.
    If anything they might ban visors.
    It’s a very messy issue for shop owners and workers. I know of somebody with a petrol station and he was strict about the matter and it caused him lots of hassle.

Advertisement