Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

https://twitter.com/MichealLehane/status/1312777936580341767?s=19

I wonder if this is it...level 3? Even though most of ours are tracked

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

https://twitter.com/MichealLehane/status/1312777936580341767?s=19

I wonder if this is it...level 3? Even though most of ours are tracked

Level 3 for the entire country I reckon tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Level 3 for the entire country I reckon tbh

Kinda suspect that myself at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,697 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Quick question, If we stay at level three from now until Christmas. Can people from county towns visit the city for shopping or is this a no no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Quick question, If we stay at level three from now until Christmas. Can people from county towns visit the city for shopping or is this a no no?

I thought in level 3 , you can travel all over ur own county.

• Advertisement

Not trying to be smart here, but this kind of question can be much more easily and correctly answered by google and the government website. Also a lot quicker than waiting for a reply here:

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/ad569-level-3/#domestic-travel

fin12 wrote: »
    I thought in level 3 , you can travel all over ur own county.

Ya, that's what I kind of thought. You'd feel sorry for those with a poor selection of shos.

Ludo wrote: »
    Not trying to be smart here, but this kind of question can be much more easily and correctly answered by google and the government website. Also a lot quicker than waiting for a reply here:

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/ad569-level-3/#domestic-travel

Ya, I had that seen already but came here to ask the question for reassurance.

Ya, I had that seen already but came here to ask the question for reassurance.

ok that is just weird. You see the plain and easily understood official government policy and then ask randomers on the internet to reassure you. What if I answered by saying you can travel anywhere you want in the country? Who do you believe then?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Serious question. What happens if the person has a medical condition and letter from their GP?

If it was Gemma O'Dorothy she'd just barge past the staff member.

If they have a medical condition that prevents them from wearing a mask, they are probably high risk and really shouldn't be out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

55 in Cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

55 today.
    Irish Examiner reporting the whole country going to level 4.

ok that is just weird. You see the plain and easily understood official government policy and then ask randomers on the internet to reassure you. What if I answered by saying you can travel anywhere you want in the country? Who do you believe then?

Firstly I don't applicate my question being called weird.

Secondly I asked about I asked a question about people travelling from county towns being able to travel to the city for shopping.
    I didn't ask about being able to travel all around the country.

Also I trust Boards in general and if somebody gave false information. I'm sure somebody would have corrected them.

I'd continue to go the way I am going and continue to ask the odd question from time to time.

Can't see the whole country going to level 4, but has the examiner been wrong much before?

Firstly I don't applicate my question being called weird.

Secondly I asked about I asked a question about people travelling from county towns being able to travel to the city for shopping.
    I didn't ask about being able to travel all around the country.

Also I trust Boards in general and if somebody gave false information. I'm sure somebody would have corrected them.

I'd continue to go the way I am going and continue to ask the odd question from time to time.

Or just go by the official documentation. No false information there and the answer to your question was plain as day there. There should be no need to go to a discussion board for that info as it only leads to bull**** info when it is related to things like masks.
    My point about travelling anywhere in the country was to show how anyone here can give you any random wrong answer they want. The only place to go for the correct answer to this is the official source.

55 today.

That would be surprising.

Or just go by the official documentation. No false information there and the answer to your question was plain as day there. There should be no need to go to a discussion board for that info as it only leads to bull**** info when it is related to things like masks.

I have made myself quite clear to you at this stage. I’ll continue to ask questions as I see fit. Unless moderators decide we shouldn’t be allowed to ask certain questions. If you don’t like seeing my questions I’d suggest you block me.

Also, Information isn’t overly clear to some and some people can have difficultly understanding things and asking a question and can be very helpful.

This is gone way off topic now. You know my position on the matter.
    Sorry for derailing the thread.

I have made myself quite clear to you at this stage. I’ll continue to ask questions as I see fit. Unless moderators decide we shouldn’t be allowed to ask certain questions. If you don’t like seeing my questions I’d suggest you block me.

Also, Information isn’t overly clear to some and some people can have difficultly understanding things and asking a question and can be very helpful.

This is gone way off topic now. You know my position on the matter.
    Sorry for derailing the thread.

It is very on-topic actually. Restrictions are important and people should know how to find out what the are. The source of that information is the government website. Not boards or any other random social media. That is for discussion etc. Not factual information. And I am simply advising on how to find important information by the way...not trying to moderate the discussion so no need to bring that into it.

Anyway, we can agree to disagree on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,159 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

55 today.

Surely it be level 3 for Cork before straight into level 4

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I could be wrong but I think there just going for a scary headline. Of course they might discuss putting the country on level 4 but they’ll discuss level 3 as well and various other things.

• Advertisement

Tony H is back so he may go for the extreme option to get this under control again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,220 ✭✭✭saabsaab

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

You could think so but maybe not.

Independent now saying NPHET recommended entire country be put under level 3 tomorrow. Makes more sense than jump to level 4 and might be more acceptable to people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Timing belt

Independent now saying NPHET recommended entire country be put under level 3 tomorrow. Makes more sense than jump to level 4 and might be more acceptable to people.

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/entire-country-set-to-face-tighter-covid-19-controls-with-all-counties-poised-to-be-placed-under-level-3-restrictions-39587101.html

https://twitter.com/MichealLehane/status/1312835055249772550

emmmm...Level 5????
    Rumours all over the place now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

https://twitter.com/MichealLehane/status/1312835055249772550

emmmm...Level 5????
    Rumours all over the place now.

He’s usually on the ball. So looks like a few hundred thousand people out of work again. Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭rodders999

Makes a bit of a mockery out of the levels if everyone just rockets from level 2 to level 5 overnight.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Now recommending 5!

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1004/1169272-coronarvirus-ireland/

Very surprised at that jump.

From 2 to 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

No way that's happening

• Advertisement

There is not a hope that is going ahead

Advertisement