Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,101 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I assume gig in Kino are all cancelled/postponed?

They haven't announced anything.
    Have tickets for a gig there.

(not a problem in the scale of things, just wondering if anyone knows for sure)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭sphinxicus

mikeym wrote: »
    Going to Level 3 will have a big impact on Restaurants, Hotels and Bars.(Although im not sure what restrictions the government are implementing)

Its hard to say that the covid cases will drop if the whole country goes into Level 3.

It will be hard on that whole industry, sadly many people chose not to do their part and we are where we are now partly because of it.

It appears that some hotels are still turning a blind eye to guests coming from other counties. I personally know of one who after speaking to the bride about their wedding reception said, "and of course all your guests are coming from County XXX" nudge nudge wink wink. In other words give us an address in the same county as the hotel and we wont say anything more on the subject.

Sadly this attitude will hurt the industry in the long term since it encourages people to travel where they are requested not to (across county borders) and to come together in large groups therefore potentially spreading the virus further. Because of that, restrictions will be tightened again

For every wedding there's tens of houseparties with the bag of cans brigade......... they are the real problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭sphinxicus

Augeo wrote: »
    For every wedding there's tens of houseparties with the bag of cans brigade......... they are the real problem.

Not trying to nail the problem solely on weddings or hotels.

Point I'm making is that everyone should do their bit but if some hotels are acting in this manner then they will eventually be partly responsible for tighter restrictions which will have greater impact on their own industry.

Going to level 5 will have greater impact on hotel industry that it will on joe and his mates going gatting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

41 cases in cork today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

41 cases in cork today
    Definitely stabilised. Hopefully it keeps dropping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,159 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

As of 8pm last night the number in hospital in Cork dropped from 6 (4 Mercy, 2 CUH) to 5 (3 Mercy, 2 CUH) with none in critical care

I hope recovered not deceased :(

As of 8pm tonight:
    CUH - 4 with 2 confirmed positives in hospital today
    Mercy - 2 with 1 discharge.
    None in critical care

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Cork's 14 day incidence as of this evening is 111.08, which includes today's figure of 41 cases.

Yesterday's 14 day incidence was 110.56.

Whilst it will take over a week for the Level 3 restrictions to start having an effect on these figures, it is clear from the data over the last few days that the situation in Cork has been stabilising.

• Advertisement

Don't think that's COVID related, MRSA i've heard

Has anyone actually seen bus drivers wearing masks? I’m just off the 216 and he’s not wearing one. Passed a couple of 220s, 207s and 216s and have seen maybe one?

Has anyone actually seen bus drivers wearing masks? I’m just off the 216 and he’s not wearing one. Passed a couple of 220s, 207s and 216s and have seen maybe one?

214 is my personal bus, about 2/5 drivers usually wear them. They do have the full screen up usually though but sometimes don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 dkod

Kingsley has had 2 cases over the past couple of days and decided to close temporarily

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Maxx355

How long on average is the waiting time for a test in Cork city? And how long on average would you be waiting for results? Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

Maxx355 wrote: »
    How long on average is the waiting time for a test in Cork city? And how long on average would you be waiting for results? Thank you.

Got mine back 36 hours after testing at the start of last week in the Mallow Road facility.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Maxx355

Got mine back 36 hours after testing at the start of last week in the Mallow Road facility.

Thanks for reply. Did you have to wait long for test to be done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

Maxx355 wrote: »
    Thanks for reply. Did you have to wait long for test to be done?

Rang doctor's reception at 9am, he rang me back at 10.30, got text at 10.45 for 3.30pm test that afternoon.

63 today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

63 today

That is still ok in fairness. Not going any higher so steady enough. Pity it didn't go down but ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Lot more places open in city centre than I thought. Fair few open on Oliver Plunkett Street. Pretty sure one was breaking the max of 15 as looked a lot more outside than that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

titan18 wrote: »
    Lot more places open in city centre than I thought. Fair few open on Oliver Plunkett Street. Pretty sure one was breaking the max of 15 as looked a lot more outside than that

was the oliver plunkett open?

fin12 wrote: »
    was the oliver plunkett open?

Yup. Not sure how they can make enough to cover the cost of opening but were open anyway

plenty of pubs with outdoor seating now saw pics of the Oval and a few more. Good to see places trying to make do with the hand they are dealt. Trying times.
    https://twitter.com/josefoshea/status/1313539592813977601/photo/1
    https://twitter.com/josefoshea/status/1313558717955219458/photo/1

What I'd be worried about is the max of 15. I can see a fair few of them disregard that if they don't think they'll be caught. Might just end up giant crowds outside pubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

titan18 wrote: »
    What I'd be worried about is the max of 15. I can see a fair few of them disregard that if they don't think they'll be caught. Might just end up giant crowds outside pubs

For some people no measure will be enough, if you are that worried you can wait outside and report them when you see sixteen

dkod wrote: »
    Kingsley has had 2 cases over the past couple of days and decided to close temporarily

Staff or Guests?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Staff or Guests?

Staff

Dublin's cases have quite clearly stopped growing, Level 3 will 100% have an impact.
    Augeo wrote: »
    Thursday 1 October 170 cases are in Dublin
    Friday 2 October 198 cases are in Dublin
    Saturday 3 October 224 cases are in Dublin
    Sunday 4 October 100 cases are in Dublin
    Monday 5 October 134 are in Dublin

The last two days data was good but is two days data enough to be thinking Dublin's cases have quite clearly stopped growing?

Tues 111 in Dublin
    Wed 218 in Dublin

00152975-614.jpg?ratio=1.78

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0909/1164236-dublin-incidence/

Doesn't look like Dublin's cases have clearly stopped growing......... "The 14-day incidence of Covid-19 infection in Dublin has risen significantly in recent days to 70.8 cases per 100,000 people, according to data from the Health Protection Surveillance Centre for the two weeks ending at midnight on 7 September.

The rate was 53.2 just six days ago."

Hopefully level 3 has more of an effect in less densely populated cities and areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

anyone know of any other bars/pubs/restaurants in the city that have stayed open?

Tequila Jacks have those pods by the river and the oval have outside seating.

Advertisement