Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,101 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

bee06 wrote: »
    Tequila Jacks have those pods by the river and the oval have outside seating.

The round seemed to be serving outside yesterday. Taking contact details, too, from what I saw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

anyone know of any other bars/pubs/restaurants in the city that have stayed open?

The metrapole
    Shelbourne
    Charlie’s on union quay
    Costigans

I think the metrapole outdoor seating looks lovely. Hopefully will get to go there.

Tequila Jacks have those pods by the river and the oval have outside seating.

The owner of tequila jacks was on the news said he was closing for the 3 weeks. I looked online , the dooms are available to book after 27th of October but a €50 fee is taken up front, it’s a bit of a risk as u says they will open after the 3 weeks especially if we go up another level straight after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

fin12 wrote: »
    The owner of tequila jacks was on the news said he was closing for the 3 weeks. I looked online , the dooms are available to book after 27th of October but a €50 fee is taken up front, it’s a bit of a risk as u says they will open after the 3 weeks especially if we go up another level straight after.

Strange, Facebook yesterday said they were open for click and collect and limited seating outside.

Strange, Facebook yesterday said they were open for click and collect and limited seating outside.

That is strange, he was on the virgin media news saying he was closing up. He said he told all his staff not to come back in. Seemed to me he was just sick of the whole thing like one minute they are open then shut, who could blame them. Ya maybe il message them on Facebook. Those dooms do look pretty cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

The metrapole
    Shelbourne
    Charlie’s on union quay
    Costigans

I think the metrapole outdoor seating looks lovely. Hopefully will get to go there.

To add to the above, from what I've seen yesterday, add Elbow Lane, Market Lane, The Poor Relation, Oliver Plunkett, El Fenix, Rising Sons are all open

titan18 wrote: »
    To add to the above, from what I've seen yesterday, add Elbow Lane, Market Lane, The Poor Relation, Oliver Plunkett, El Fenix, Rising Sons are all open

Sorry, last question did U manage to spot if the bodega and cornstore open?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Sorry, last question did U manage to spot if the bodega and cornstore open?

Cornstore is I think. Albeit might only be the weekend. Not sure on the bodega

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭PreCocious

I notice that the politicians and others that were videoing students on Oliver Plunkett Street or at Wetherspoons (and tagging in every journalist) are still very quiet about the Glanmire and Blackrock celebrations.

To add to the pub list - the Oval is also open as they've seating on Tuckey Street.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

titan18 wrote: »

Add old oak and ziggys

• Advertisement

Staff

No surprise with the people staying there

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

mean gene wrote: »

Fck sake- no need for comments like that, low blow

Fck sake- no need for comments like that, low blow

Makes sense doesn't it they were moved from a virus ridden hole to their there was always a chance this could spread form there or do you know how a virus works

Makes sense doesn't it they were moved from a virus ridden hole to their there was always a chance this could spread form there or do you know how a virus works

I know anyone can transmit it and contract it not just marginal groups.
    It is staff not guests that are positive but don’t let that little fact get in your way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Who do you mean?

seefin wrote: »
    Who do you mean?

Load of dubs on holidays there

Load of dubs on holidays there

I thought you meant another group, which is why I mentioned marginal groups- never mind

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

76 cases in cork today, that's not great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

We’ll likely see numbers reduce in 10 days time. Dublin below 100 today shows level 3 works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

Not great not bad either.
    We’ve been at that rate the past two weeks. I wouldn’t call it exponential growth like some outspoken muppet in Dublin.. also good too see Dublin under the 100 today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

We’ll likely see numbers reduce in 10 days time. Dublin below 100 today shows level 3 works.

There seems to be a backlog too, I'm expecting Dublin's numbers to increase tomorrow again but hopefully. I'm just pessimistic anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

True that but Corks equivalent today is 190

91 cases for Dublin population is excellent

Level three is definitely slowing growth in Dublin

It will take 10 - 14 days for the rest of the country to be seen as cases up to then refer to the past 10 - 14 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,159 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Let's hope so

anyone know of any other bars/pubs/restaurants in the city that have stayed open?

I'm sure Rob Roy was open today as few drunks sitting outside, pissed as coots, did not see food but did not really stop to look in detail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

Positive case in pub/restaurant in Kanturk.

Santy2015 wrote: »
    Positive case in pub/restaurant in Kanturk.

It's spreading all over Cork, Kanturk was low to none :(

ACE have you the LEA update for Cork please?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It's spreading all over Cork, Kanturk was low to none :(

ACE have you the LEA update for Cork please?
    Out tomorrow

Oh wait today is thursday, nevermind! ill get em now

COVID-19 14-day incidence rates in Cork per 100,000 population by Local Electoral Area (LEA), 22/09/2020 to 05/10/2020

Bantry-West Cork - Confirmed Cases in LEA: Less than 5 cases, LEA rate per 100k pop: Less than 5 cases

Skibbereen-West Cork - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 13, LEA rate per 100k pop: 42.9

Macroom - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 25, LEA rate per 100k pop: 67.9

Bandon-Kinsale - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 16, LEA rate per 100k pop: 42.9

Kanturk - Confirmed Cases in LEA: Less than 5 cases, LEA rate per 100k pop: Less than 5 cases

Mallow - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 15, LEA rate per 100k pop: 51.4

Fermoy - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 48, LEA rate per 100k pop: 131.8

Midleton - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 50, LEA rate per 100k pop: 110

Cobh - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 41, LEA rate per 100k pop: 120.2

Carrigaline - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 37, LEA rate per 100k pop: 105.3

Cork City North West - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 51, LEA rate per 100k pop: 126.9

Cork City North East - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 73, LEA rate per 100k pop: 173.1

Cork City South West - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 90, LEA rate per 100k pop: 191.3

Cork City South Central - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 93, LEA rate per 100k pop: 240.5

Cork City South East - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 40, LEA rate per 100k pop: 93.5

Top 10 Highest Incidence LEAs
    1. Cork City South Central 240.5
    2. Cork City South West 191.3
    3. Cork City North East 173.1
    4. Fermoy 131.8
    5. Cork City North West 126.9
    6. Cobh 120.2
    7. Midleton 110
    8. Carrigaline 105.3
    9. Cork City South East 93.5
    10. Macroom 67.9

• Advertisement

As you can see from above it is very much still centered around the city.

Advertisement