Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,697 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Same, that was 2 weeks ago now. There was 1 case in my son's school 5/6 class(hes in 2nd) only back yesterday. I didnt hear of any other positives in those classes. It was linked to a confirmation.

My daughters pre school's younger group had a case also, her group wasnt deemed close contacts even though they share the same space, but in fairness staff are doing an excellent job. All staff/kids that were tested were negative.

That’s basically sounds like what I heard.

I wonder is most of the cases in the area closer to Fermoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

That’s basically sounds like what I heard.

I wonder is most of the cases in the area closer to Fermoy.

I know of two cases within 3 km of Fermoy, school in Conna had tests on Wednesday just gone as a result of one case.

Tested negative myself last week, wary tbh. 99% in Fermoy in masks. Was in Mitchelstown earlier, the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

calnand wrote: »
    That's their Siri team working from there, and there would be data security issues when working off their secure network, but they were working from home during the lockdown. The case that they had was only discovered through their voluntary testing.

You'd vpn in though so working on their network. Should be zero reason for data security reasons that you can't at home. You can lock most PCs down with good policies to prevent most abuses (lockdown usb ports, not being able to setup home printers etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Sonrisa wrote: »
    This sounds very positive if all the precautionary measures actually worked. They should be giving more examples of this to give people a bit of confidence in the pods and cleaning etc

It is encouraging, though early days. I'd have more faith in our smaller local schools than larger ones in the towns and cities. I was concerned going into the end of August that the virus was basically left to spread all over the country during the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,697 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I know of two cases within 3 km of Fermoy, school in Conna had tests on Wednesday just gone as a result of one case.

Tested negative myself last week, wary tbh. 99% in Fermoy in masks. Was in Mitchelstown earlier, the same.

Ya I find town to be good regarding masks.
    I’ve been in Clonmel and Cork and found them a lot more lax regarding mask usage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

titan18 wrote: »
    You'd vpn in though so working on their network. Should be zero reason for data security reasons that you can't at home. You can lock most PCs down with good policies to prevent most abuses (lockdown usb ports, not being able to setup home printers etc)

Yep..the work laptop I am on now at home has all those restrictions and a lot more. Can't install software etc, etc.
    I can access Boards though :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,156 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I'm shocked I tell you. Did not expect that to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

107 today. We won’t see any improvement for 8-9 days.

:( We are nearly as high as Dublin, hearing of many school cases

• Advertisement

:( We are nearly as high as Dublin, hearing of many school cases

We’re in level 3 now so it’s not just going to go down instantly, this was expected

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

107 the highest figure we've ever gotten I believe? Hopefully level 3 works, but for some reason didn't expect us to actually get to the triple figures!

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Garyvoe hotel closed too staff member tested positive

Is that close to Midleton, high there it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Is that close to Midleton, high there it seems

Yes would be close enough to Midleton and killeagh has a few cases I have heard of too

I wouldn't go talking about Cork in the main thread, the usuals are in to shout at us again.

We’re in level 3 now so it’s not just going to go down instantly, this was expected

Really? Didn't get the impression from your previous posts that you expected it to get this high. This is a big jump. Hopefully a once off but I doubt it now.

At least nationwide the overall figure is not going up much if at all presumably as Dublin going down. Let's hope we follow in two or three weeks.

Ludo wrote: »
    Really? Didn't get the impression from your previous posts that you expected it to get this high. This is a big jump. Hopefully a once off but I doubt it now.

At least nationwide the overall figure is not going up much if at all presumably as Dublin going down. Let's hope we follow in two or three weeks.
    I'm not surprised at all. I'm not really sure where the whole surprise element comes from, it's quite clear from the media that there is a large amount of clusters in Cork and Kerry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

After freshers week and the GAA antics in Glanmire & Blackrock Amongst others, I’m not 1 bit surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

I'm not surprised at all. I'm not really sure where the whole surprise element comes from, it's quite clear from the media that there is a large amount of clusters in Cork and Kerry.

I thought you said there was **** all clusters around

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

After freshers week and the GAA antics in Glanmire & Blackrock Amongst others, I’m not 1 bit surprised.

And now cases comfirmed in UCC. It's not looking good

• Advertisement

Level 42 wrote: »
    I thought you said there was **** all clusters around
    I'm not sure what part of my post 6 days ago about the vast number of clusters = "**** all clusters", maybe you should re-read?
    As expected, 75% of cases in Cork & Kerry are cluster related. Seems as if we're being unlucky with the vast size of clusters.

"Figures published by the Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC) show that in the 14-days up to October 1st, 566 cases of Covid-19 were reported in the community healthcare organisation (CHO) 4 area which comprises Cork and Kerry.

Of these, 415 cases, or 73 per cent, were associated with clusters."

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Covid-19-latest-Almost-3-in-4-cases-in-Cork-and-Kerry-linked-with-clusters--3fcfd942-f21e-4c0e-83c8-881bce566831-ds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Feck,thats not good.

Yeah fair enough, my mistake. Apologies. You do tend to see the positives in general or give that vibe, which is absolutely fine and good obviously so I just took it wrong. You are also honest and balanced about it all. I was just a bit shocked myself to see it hit triple figures maybe.
    Apologies again.

Ludo wrote: »
    Yeah fair enough, my mistake. Apologies. You do tend to see the positives in general or give that vibe, which is absolutely fine and good obviously so I just took it wrong. You are also honest and balanced about it all. I was just a bit shocked myself to see it hit triple figures maybe.
    Apologies again.
    No need to apologise, we're all friends here :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭Zardoz

107 the highest figure we've ever gotten I believe? Hopefully level 3 works, but for some reason didn't expect us to actually get to the triple figures!

Any logical explanation why the number of cases in Cork has skyrocketed in recent weeks after being so low for most of the previous 6 months.
    Is it primarily due to the schools reopening ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

It's that time again to decide whether or not I call to see my parents (70s).

My mam said I should call up tomorrow, but I just don't know. Might be the last time I see them in person for a while though.

It was easier during the summer when we could sit in the garden. I'm sure I'm not the only one facing difficult choices with this.

I might propose we meet up for a walk instead.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    It's that time again to decide whether or not I call to see my parents (70s).

My mam said I should call up tomorrow, but I just don't know. Might be the last time I see them in person for a while though.

It was easier during the summer when we could sit in the garden. I'm sure I'm not the only one facing difficult choices with this.

I might propose we meet up for a walk instead.

If you're all wearing masks and keeping a safe distance I honestly feel you'll be fine, my parents are in their 70s/80s and we meet for shopping and a coffee once a week during a quiet time, they enjoy it and I certainly enjoy it and I believe we are completely safe but I fully understand that some people wouldn't feel safe.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

If you're all wearing masks and keeping a safe distance I honestly feel you'll be fine, my parents are in their 70s/80s and we meet for shopping and a coffee once a week during a quiet time, they enjoy it and I certainly enjoy it and I believe we are completely safe but I fully understand that some people wouldn't feel safe.

Yeah, I'll do that, but it doesn't happen indoors.
    I think I will meet them for a walk outside.
    It's just different in home. Just doesn't seem the right thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

65 cases Monday
    64 cases Tuesday, thank god, cases dropping!
    66 cases Wednesday, we’re doomed!

• Advertisement

Is 107 our highest so?

https://twitter.com/irishexaminer/status/1314658274935889921

Advertisement