Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Where is Ireland getting the test kits from? Can anywhere here manufacture?

Some talk of damaged defected PPE from China being sent back by other countries, not enough they gave the virus now giving defected PPE

I think it was Spain that said the kits were faulty. Read it on the Guardian. Think there is an Aer Lingus plane in China now, picking up PPE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭MrDerp

Where is Ireland getting the test kits from? Can anywhere here manufacture?

Some talk of damaged defected PPE from China being sent back by other countries, not enough they gave the virus now giving defected PPE

There would be defective pieces in any manufacturing process, which would be cleaned up by QA sampling.

You can expect there to be higher rate of bad items such is the rush. The need for speed outweighs the importance of keeping the defect rate down.

No time for sampling 5 of every 100 batch to check it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

I think it was Spain that said the kits were faulty. Read it on the Guardian. Think there is an Aer Lingus plane in China now, picking up PPE.

It’s back in Ireland already

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

It’s back in Ireland already

And two more Aer Lingus aircraft are on their way to China. Let`s hope that it`s not all in vain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,193 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Lots of people in the Lee Fields today , in groups and in pairs. Car park full of cars , who knows where they were coming from. Garda should draw the barriers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,466 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

BruteStock wrote: »
    Lots of people in the Lee Fields today , in groups and in pairs. Car park full of cars , who knows where they were coming from. Garda should draw the barriers.

What's the betting most of them don't have a job to go to now anyhow, can they not wait until a weekday? People have fcuk all cop on.

We will have more severe restrictions now because of stupid people. You had a chance to self police and you blew it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭questionmark?

BruteStock wrote: »

The guard are taken this stuff seriously. If you see blatant acts of non complience with the rules pick up your phone and call the local station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I was out walking my dog by the Lough yesterday and was stopped by a guard who asked my name and address. He was very nice and friendly and just wanted to verify I lived within a 2km distance (I do).

There was a guard at either side of the entrances to the walking path (one by the Hawthorn bar, one at the path on the Lough church side) stopping anyone on foot.
    I saw a good few people being turned away.

I’m happy they’re being strict about it as the area has been so busy full of people who aren’t even local the last few weeks I’ve had to totally avoid it. I passed when we had the nice weather earlier in the week and the grass area was chockablock full of groups having picnics and listening to music.
    It made the area a no-go as I wouldn’t have been able to observe adequate social distancing but hopefully things will improve now.

Correct,I'd have no problem ref what neighbours think,my bloody health is more important than parents who can't be arsed with parenting, FUC*ING snowflake parents

yeah i asking the question, wanted to make sure before a call went to the Gardai. I wanted to make sure Children are expected to be kept within the boundary of the family home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,114 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I was surprised to find Fitzgerald's Park and the Banks of the Lee Walk open yesterday.
    However, neither were crowded and there weren't groups congregating - just singles and couples out for a walk and giving plenty of distance. The odd few parent child combinations, too. I saw nothing that made me uneasy. Playground was closed off.

If people can behave themselves, we can have facilities open.

I didn't see any Gardaí on my travels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Tesco, Paul St was fine yesterday morning. Rice, pasta back in stock. Only thing I noticed low was flour. Additional staff on to have more than one or two tills open. Offered hand sanitizer at the check out. Spray bottles & gloves available at the entrance.

Passed two sets of Gardaí on the beat on my way to and from, but was not stopped on either occasion.

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Tesco, Paul St was fine yesterday morning. Rice, pasta back in stock. Only thing I noticed low was flour. Additional staff on to have more than one or two tills open. Offered hand sanitizer at the check out. Spray bottles & gloves available at the entrance.

Passed two sets of Gardaí on the beat on my way to and from, but was not stopped on either occasion.

Shhh.
    We don't want the suburbanites driving to town and clearing the shelves with panic buying.
    The city center pedestrian shopper seems to realise that there will be food on the shelves in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I was out walking my dog by the Lough yesterday and was stopped by a guard who asked my name and address. He was very nice and friendly and just wanted to verify I lived within a 2km distance (I do).

There was a guard at either side of the entrances to the walking path (one by the Hawthorn bar, one at the path on the Lough church side) stopping anyone on foot.
    I saw a good few people being turned away.

I’m happy they’re being strict about it as the area has been so busy full of people who aren’t even local the last few weeks I’ve had to totally avoid it. I passed when we had the nice weather earlier in the week and the grass area was chockablock full of groups having picnics and listening to music.
    It made the area a no-go as I wouldn’t have been able to observe adequate social distancing but hopefully things will improve now.

I'm a stones throw from the Hawthorn and Lough. Glad to hear the Guards are out and about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭sporina

anyone know where one can buy face masks in the city?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭blindsider

I am only guessing here, but I'd say that there is not a face-mask to be had in Cork - of any sort.

I would imagine any that were left sold out v. quickly once the schools shut.

blindsider wrote: »
    I am only guessing here, but I'd say that there is not a face-mask to be had in Cork - of any sort.

I would imagine any that were left sold out v. quickly once the schools shut.

i got 4 for €8 in a pharmacy on grand parade..
    scandalous really - I didn't think it was cool for businesses to be ripping people off like this at such a time but there ya go..
    was in 2 minds about buying them but I really wanted them for someone else.. (they have to use a bus to get to work)

sporina wrote: »
    scandalous really - I didn't think it was cool for businesses to be ripping people off like this at such a time but there ya go..
    was in 2 minds about buying them but I really wanted them for someone else.. (they have to use a bus to get to work)

Unless you know what the pharmacy paid for those masks and what their normal margin is, it really isn't fair to suggest that they are guilty of sharp practice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

You think 4 masks for €8 is scandalous? Worth every cent provided they are of sufficient quality and worn properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Shhh.
    We don't want the suburbanites driving to town and clearing the shelves with panic buying.
    The city center pedestrian shopper seems to realise that there will be food on the shelves in the future.

Plus we can't carry too much on foot :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭opus

Pen Rua wrote: »

I went to Lidl on the Coal Quay around 8am this morning (like I do every Monday pretty much) no queue & everything I needed was on the shelves.

Friend of mine sent me a message earlier to say he was in a Dunnes (not sure which one) & they had a mountain of cushelle 32-pack toilet rolls. Didn't even know they came in that size, he said it would make a handy seat in a pinch :)

Unless you know what the pharmacy paid for those masks and what their normal margin is, it really isn't fair to suggest that they are guilty of sharp practice.

i actually asked the girl behind the counter "are ye taking them out of a box and repackaging them into these plastic bags?".. (they are just in a small plastic bag - like the ones you get in the airport).. and she said "yeah"..

I said "gee ye must be making a killing on them eh?!".. and she kinda laughed and said.. "yeah I guess"..

I found an article on the echo - some TDs wer giving out about companies ripping off the public eg. extortionate prices for hand sanitiser etc..

I emailed one of them about..

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Cork-TDs-call-for-price-caps-on-essential-items-to-stop-retailers-exploiting-the-coronavirus-outbreak-9fa7dec7-2086-4202-a007-885c16ac844b-ds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

yeah i asking the question, wanted to make sure before a call went to the Gardai. I wanted to make sure Children are expected to be kept within the boundary of the family home.

Eh..they are not required to be kept within the boundary of the family home. And no reason they should be if the parents maintain control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Ludo wrote: »
    Eh..they are not required to be kept within the boundary of the family home. And no reason they should be if the parents maintain control.
    Will someone please think of the children?

4 for €8 is a good price imho

4 for €8 is a good price imho
    Ya think? If u saw the spec of it - lowest quality grade..
    u can get 50 on amazon for around 12e..
    so say they paid something like that - they are making over 800% profit
    I got onto one of the TDs from the article in the echo and he replied saying that he is working on getting emergency legislation drafted to stop such acts of barbarism in retail during the virus

Ya think? If u saw the spec of it - lowest quality grade..
    u can get 50 on amazon for around 12e..
    so say they paid something like that - they are making over 800% profit
    I got onto one of the TDs from the article in the echo and he replied saying that he is working on getting emergency legislation drafted to stop such acts of barbarism in retail during the virus

:o

I know a pharmacy charging 6 euros for one

Anyone know who how to make one or would a bandana work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

:o

I know a pharmacy charging 6 euros for one

Anyone know who how to make one or would a bandana work?

Turn a clean pair of boxer shorts upside down and put your head throw the waistband and out one leg. BOOM DIY face mask. If your very worried you can pull the other leg over the crown of your head to make a head bandana or if not just tuck it into the back of your jumper

fin12 wrote: »

:eek:

I think cluster locations should be revealed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,697 ✭✭✭corks finest

:eek:

I think cluster locations should be revealed

Definitely it'll make ppl in the area cop on ,be aware and change

Advertisement