Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

77 today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,156 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

77 today

Back to double digits, good decrease

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Back to double digits, good decrease

Sunday's are usually the low day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Unintentionally, I took a ~2 week break from reading about COVID save for the official announcements and some articles when the Level 5 suggestions dropped. I barely looked at any of the Boards.ie threads during that period.

And I'll tell you - it's the best thing I did for myself over the last couple of months of this pandemic.

I appreciate the conversation, the updates, the news, the local updates but my goodness was it making me anxious, worried and fearful.

I would heartily recommend taking a couple of days off Boards.ie / your other news sources to rest & restore and take time for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,608 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Unintentionally, I took a ~2 week break from reading about COVID save for the official announcements and some articles when the Level 5 suggestions dropped. I barely looked at any of the Boards.ie threads during that period.

And I'll tell you - it's the best thing I did for myself over the last couple of months of this pandemic.

I appreciate the conversation, the updates, the news, the local updates but my goodness was it making me anxious, worried and fearful.

I would heartily recommend taking a couple of days off Boards.ie / your other news sources to rest & restore and take time for yourself.

But the over reaction of many is a constant source of entertainment for me, how would I fill that void? Tommy tiernan DVD’s?

• Advertisement

Just had it confirmed there that the rise in cases in the CUH is an outbreak, porter tested positive which was followed by 12 further positives among patients. Hospital management are very pleased with the low number of admissions, majority of current patients caught it in the ward where the outbreak is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Another 147 cases in cork

The LEA map will be very interesting Thursday, to see where all these cases are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,156 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Another 147 cases in cork

:( is that the highest we have had?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

Shocking fugures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The cases will be high/rising for about 10 days to 2 weeks, already been told this, this has to be expected. Shocking but expected.

19 people in CUH now confirmed with covid, probs the outbreak ACE mentioned

Still 5 in the mercy, however 2 of them are now in ICU unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

19 people in CUH now confirmed with covid, probs the outbreak ACE mentioned

Still 5 in the mercy, however 2 of them are now in ICU unfortunately

It's so hard to control in that environment, people with proper training and ppe and still it finds a way. Obviously Windows etc are being left open but enclosed environments seem so difficult to control, possibly bedpans etc also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,696 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Case in M&S Patrick Street!

Source / confirmation?

Source / confirmation?

It’s on Red FM just before ten o clock!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭cantalach

That’ll hit the Blackrock Road very hard.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What did they say?

Interesting.

I was in there briefly on Saturday. It was absolutely jammers.

What did they say?

Basically somebody had symptoms last Thursday and tested positive at the weekend and M&S said they were cleaning stores, etc. That was about it.
    There’s nothing online about it tough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,100 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Mrs Beer was tested yesterday at 10am due to having a temperature and sore throat.
    Pretty sure it's tonsillitis but we're both restricted until result comes back.

Happy to say that my sister tested negative, even though she was with him the entire time. Strange situations but retest needed in a few days.

Hoping its negative for Mrs Beer!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Basically somebody had symptoms last Thursday and tested positive at the weekend and M&S said they were cleaning stores, etc. That was about it.
    There’s nothing online about it tough.

Worried now my mam was in there on Saturday and she's in her 70's :(

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭leeside11

Just had it confirmed there that the rise in cases in the CUH is an outbreak, porter tested positive which was followed by 12 further positives among patients. Hospital management are very pleased with the low number of admissions, majority of current patients caught it in the ward where the outbreak is.

A lot of staff out now as well and management were called in Sunday evening, alot of staff in there are left in the dark as to what's going on in there.
    Would have thought temperature tests would be carried out on anyone entering the hospital now..

leeside11 wrote: »
    A lot of staff out now as well and management were called in Sunday evening, alot of staff in there are left in the dark as to what's going on in there.
    Would have thought temperature tests would be carried out on anyone entering the hospital now..
    Indeed, I've heard 60 staff are out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭Sonrisa

leeside11 wrote: »

I wouldn't have any confidence in temperature checks- that's only going to catch people that are very symptomatic and they shouldn't be coming to work anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Interesting.

I was in there briefly on Saturday. It was absolutely jammers.

Ya was in there Friday.

Was it a staff member?

fin12 wrote: »
    Ya was in there Friday.

Was it a staff member?

Well going by what they said it was but there’s being nothing mentioned about it since.
    However lots of shops have had Covid cases and you only really hear about it of somebody leaks it to the media or on social media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Worried now my mam was in there on Saturday and she's in her 70's :(

I was in there with my own elderly mother on Saturday morning also. I went along with her as her "bodyguard" to make sure that she is doing everything she is supposed to as she hasn't been going out much over the summer. TBH I wouldn't be too worried about the chance of picking up COVID-19 in there. I'm sure many of us have been on a premises where there have been cases but are fine. If we are following the guidelines we shouldn't worry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,100 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Seamai wrote: »
    TBH I wouldn't be too worried about the chance of picking up COVID-19 in there. I'm sure many of us have been on a premises where there have been cases but are fine. If we are following the guidelines we shouldn't worry.

This x 100

Advertisement