Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,156 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mrs Beer was tested yesterday at 10am due to having a temperature and sore throat.
    Pretty sure it's tonsillitis but we're both restricted until result comes back.

I hope negative for ye all, take care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,100 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Test just came back negative!
    30 hour turnaround.
    Well organised, in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

141 today

141 today

That's very high again, CUH cluster outbreak?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭Sonrisa

Well, at least it's not higher than yesterday.

I'm hoping we will be back to double figures by the end of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

Brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

141 today

It doesn’t seem that long ago when that could have been the national total :-(

3 more positive cases in the CUH lab today - 20 now in there with 1 in ICU.
    Mercy remains at 5.

Friend of mine just tested positive in Carrigaline. No idea where they caught it as they have barely left the house due to online college. I’ve heard there’s a lot of cases in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭sphinxicus

Cork Pre-school closed due to staff member infected with COVID-19. Its linked to a national school. Did anyone hear about this or know which one it relates to?

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/coronavirus-ireland-pre-school-forced-22841856

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭sphinxicus

No idea which preschool it is- hopefully the rest of kids and staff didn’t pick it up must so scary for the staff and the parents

Definately - i for one have it on my mind constantly. Sending kids into both school and creche. The "measures" that the school put into place on day 1 when they went back mostly seem to have reverted to normal. I can see the same happening with the creche too, day 1 all staff were wearing masks when receiving the kids in the morning, now its 50/50 if i see them with a mask on. I know masks arent the be-all and end-all, but if that's slipping then what else is?

Ahh well, it will all be alright until it's not :)
    ACE I hope your friend gets through it ok.
    This week alone I’ve heard of 4 different families testing positive. (All different areas of Cork)
    3 of those families have no idea where they picked it up as they are all super cautious and have minimal contact with others.
    Another family reckons child picked it up in college- but it’s only a guess but can’t be traced back to any positive case/ cluster

I think this scinareo is really under-reported or not spoken about enough. Everyone is quick to jump on the house party-goers or the kids outside of school (which i agree definately contribute to the numbers) but how many cases are picked up from/by people who are actually doing there very best to align with government suggestions? Perhaps there are many more asymptomatic people than we realise... scary stuff.

Friend of mine just tested positive in Carrigaline. No idea where they caught it as they have barely left the house due to online college. I’ve heard there’s a lot of cases in the town.

When is the new LEA map updated?

I hope your friend will be ok

Is community transmission high?

118 today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,100 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Just for people's information.
    As our concern happened on a Sunday, our first point of contact was Southdoc. There was no mention of a charge.
    Rightly so, you will not be charged for any Covid related consultation, regardless of the time.
    Don't be shy if you are worried about symptoms, folks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I've heard of some clusters related to few pubs on Bandon road. Few of the pub owners apparently tested positive and a bunch of customers.

titan18 wrote: »
    I've heard of some clusters related to few pubs on Bandon road. Few of the pub owners apparently tested positive and a bunch of customers.

Is that Glasheen where college students reside, that offie always busy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

titan18 wrote: »
    We walked past them last Monday and I can 100% say I'm not at all surprised. Packed out the door. It was like normal times, I was nearly tempted to join them for a few scoops. Aren't I glad now that I didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

s1ippy wrote: »
    We walked past them last Monday and I can 100% say I'm not at all surprised. Packed out the door. It was like normal times, I was nearly tempted to join them for a few scoops. Aren't I glad now that I didn't.

I doubt that you were tempted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is that Glasheen where college students reside, that offie always busy

Ya, the road where Lennoxes is. Heard of two pubs there today. Both owners meant to have it. One would be a student pub. Other is more old man

Sure wasn’t someone on here recently about Cissie Youngs & they had to get bouncers on the door. Place was packed with students.
    Not saying it’s that pub with the cases but not surprised to hear that some pubs up there are having this happen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

Couldn't care less if students get it, high percentage will not get seriously sick from it. Drinking, it's what students do, same as we all did. They just gotta isolate afterwards, which I'm not so sure a lot of them will....

Ya we all did 5, 10, 20 years ago. Different world.
    And I say most people couldn’t give a fück either, just saying it’s not a shock it happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,220 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Cabinet agreed to ban on home visits from tomorrow night.

So we’re at Level 3. Oh except for bars & restaurants & now households, which are at Level 4.
    Cutting down on household visits will curb the spread of course, very difficult to police though. Attitudes have changed since Mar/Apr. Not sure how many people will adhere to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    So we’re at Level 3. Oh except for bars & restaurants & now households, which are at Level 4.
    Cutting down on household visits will curb the spread of course, very difficult to police though. Attitudes have changed since Mar/Apr. Not sure how many people will adhere to this.

Level 3 allows for "Additional Restrictions" for restaurants and pubs, though they are basically the same as level 4 now.

Level 3 also allows for no household visits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Attitudes have changed since Mar/Apr. Not sure how many people will adhere to this.

This is key and a lot of people I speak too in different age brackets feel this way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

This is key and a lot of people I speak too in different age brackets feel this way

Yup same as myself many people I've spoken to are sick of the restrictions so i don't think that there will be the same amount of compliance that there was for the initial restrictions and lockdown.

On the subject of attitudes towards Covid.
    Back when this started, my dad (70), his tv broke. So I said I’d go over and fix it. He put gloves at the front door & left the house. He wouldn’t even stay in the kitchen or upstairs while I was in the living room. Got into his car, waved from the driveway and gone. Nervous wreck. Fair enough, it was an uncertain time.

This weekend, we went to West Cork for a spin, no problem. 100% better for his mood, mental health etc to go out for a day with us than stay home alone. None of us are sick & the risk of us having it & being asymptotic is tiny. The benefits far outweigh the minuscule risk.

I’m sure this is an example seen by many. The fear is gone, people have restriction fatigue & are just taking a more balanced approach.

Level 3 allows for "Additional Restrictions" for restaurants and pubs, though they are basically the same as level 4 now.

Level 3 also allows for no household visits.

That never happened for restaurants though, did it? Went straight to 15 outdoors restriction.
    This table says L3 is one household visit allowed. L4 is no visitors allowed. Indoor gatherings is communions etc, isn’t it? Which is different.

tbh, they fücked up this levels thing from the start. Putting Dublin at 2.5 on the first day. Now most counties are at 3.5. Threatening to jump straight from 2 to 5. Throwing the county by county thing out the window and moving the whole country to the same level. It’s been a shambles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Remember that at the start... it was all about gloves gloves and more gloves

Advertisement