Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

149 cases cork

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

149 in cork today unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,155 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Level 42 wrote: »
    149 cases cork
    149 in cork today unfortunately

Fcek High Again :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

What's causing such high case numbers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,696 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We’ve a large enough population in Cork and it’s easily spread and most businesses/schools/etc are open and there are a lot more tests being carried out compared to back in March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

Stuff like this https://twitter.com/denis_cotter/status/1317484917941555202?s=21

I thought 15 was the max for outdoor dining

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭kub

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I was just about to say that, this is a disgrace, if Gardai had been notified of this, is there anything they can do ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

It is. Rearden’s always think they are above the law. They were having lock-ins until 5 in the morning back in July and August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭Acosta

It is. Rearden’s always think they are above the law. They were having lock-ins until 5 in the morning back in July and August.

Probably helps when half your clientele are Guards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I doubt 30 people freezing their asses off for a drink is the reason for Cork's high cases, transmission seems to be quite rare outside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Yup, but I've seen loads of place not following it. No punishment for it so why would they

kub wrote: »
    I was just about to say that, this is a disgrace, if Gardai had been notified of this, is there anything they can do ?

I assume as it breaking restriction guidelines, closure asap, can the Gardai do this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

And because of that stupid selfish attitude, we will end up at level 5.

If we all actually followed level 3, I honestly believe we could supress this. But people now think they are above all this and we will end up paying for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Is it two weeks since the Blackrock incident? I saw Tracey Kennedy‘s patethic comments; no punishment, so those that don’t care will continue not to care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I doubt 30 people freezing their asses off for a drink is the reason for Cork's high cases, transmission seems to be quite rare outside
    Plenty wind today as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I wouldnt be fond of drinking outside in the cold all night.

Ludo wrote: »
    And because of that stupid selfish attitude, we will end up at level 5.

If we all actually followed level 3, I honestly believe we could supress this. But people now think they are above all this and we will end up paying for it.

We could go to level 42 and those selfish idiots will still break the rules, we need strict actual enforcement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,182 ✭✭✭limnam

We could go to level 42 and those selfish idiots will still break the rules, we need strict actual enforcement

We need German like punishments.

Fines of 5k+ 5 years imprisonment etc.

People need something to be afraid of as obviously killing themselves or someone else isn't enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,608 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Your right in a way that it’s stuff like this.
    Not people breaking the ‘guidelines’ but the guidelines being a steaming pile of turd in the first place.

Max 15 people outside takes no account of individual places ability. Some places with an outside can Only accommodate 5 people safely. And others 55 people safely.

The problem is the guidelines are stupid so people ignore them.

Put proper feasible and reasoned rules in place with punishment for non conformance and then we will get somewhere.

Put unfounded, unreasoned, unscientific arbitrary And often contradictory guidelines in place and people will ignore them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Where are the test centres in Cork?

I think my partner needs to get tested. They had a high grade fever (38.4), high heart rate (100+ bpm), headache and sore tummy since yesterday evening and all through the night. They were shivering all night and taking shallow breaths. The fever abated this morning but the accompanying migraine and stomach upset is vicious. A cooked breakfast which they ate earlier helped, they've been asleep all day since, fitfully enough but they're snoring in the last hour so I think it's good sleep.

We go nowhere and do nothing, so we're hoping it's just a regular illness their body has conjured up all on its own but I'm absolutely terrified now because three days ago we were taking care of my relative who is high risk and lives with elderly people.

Now, I'm optimistic it's not that serious as their tolerance for being unwell /threshold of discomfort is actually zero, so I wish I could actually determine how urgently they need help at any given time. Their regular body temp is back to 37.6 (that's what they usually are) and they had good blood oxygen levels as well as being able to blow 500 on the peak flow but they're still moaning and groaning in their sleep and seem to be in considerable pain. I wish I was sick instead.

We quarantine and wash down everything coming into the house (including clothes worn outside), we have no close contacts except cocooning relatives. I have no idea where they could have picked it up if it is covid. We have a lot going on at the moment (just this month, evicted, moved, two dying relatives, life feels like constant barrage of incessant sh!t, mostly just want to be dead, all the time) so I'm just hoping their immune system is weakened from stress and misery and a rest will be enough.

Are Southdoc the only place to call on a weekend? They said they wanted to wait and talk to GP tomorrow but if they deteriorate I'm going to ring someone tonight and ask what to do. I'm completely freaked.

There are a few other after hours GPS around, doctor 365 for example. But either way it's a free phonecall to either of them to get a test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Yes, call southdoc, they refer to the HSE for a test. It may take a few days.

There is an information line here, but they will most likely tell you the same thing.
    Call 1850 24 1850 or 01 240 8787

Also, has your partner had the flu jab? Flu is also going around, and gives similar symptoms.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Thanks for the phone numbers, I'm going to watch their condition and when they wake up talk to them about scheduling a test.

Flu jab, we're booked in for next week :/

But I would have thought you'd need to come into contact with someone to catch the flu!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

s1ippy wrote: »
    Where are the test centres in Cork?

I think my partner needs to get tested. They had a high grade fever (38.4), high heart rate (100+ bpm), headache and sore tummy since yesterday evening and all through the night. They were shivering all night and taking shallow breaths. The fever abated this morning but the accompanying migraine and stomach upset is vicious. A cooked breakfast which they ate earlier helped, they've been asleep all day since, fitfully enough but they're snoring in the last hour so I think it's good sleep.

We go nowhere and do nothing, so we're hoping it's just a regular illness their body has conjured up all on its own but I'm absolutely terrified now because three days ago we were taking care of my relative who is high risk and lives with elderly people.

Now, I'm optimistic it's not that serious as their tolerance for being unwell /threshold of discomfort is actually zero, so I wish I could actually determine how urgently they need help at any given time. Their regular body temp is back to 37.6 (that's what they usually are) and they had good blood oxygen levels as well as being able to blow 500 on the peak flow but they're still moaning and groaning in their sleep and seem to be in considerable pain. I wish I was sick instead.

We quarantine and wash down everything coming into the house (including clothes worn outside), we have no close contacts except cocooning relatives. I have no idea where they could have picked it up if it is covid. We have a lot going on at the moment (just this month, evicted, moved, two dying relatives, life feels like constant barrage of incessant sh!t, mostly just want to be dead, all the time) so I'm just hoping their immune system is weakened from stress and misery and a rest will be enough.

Are Southdoc the only place to call on a weekend? They said they wanted to wait and talk to GP tomorrow but if they deteriorate I'm going to ring someone tonight and ask what to do. I'm completely freaked.

0.8 of a temperature rise is not a high grade fever, pre covid you would have thought of it as flu symptoms, I would think if you continue as you are doing and self isolate till ye can get covid tests, try not to be overly stressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Yes, any virus you'd have to come in contact with someone or something that carried it. Covid or flu, or any other virus.

His mild temp could be from anything... something they ate, some underlying undiagnosed condition etc etc. Ask a doctor if it's serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,608 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

s1ippy wrote: »
    Thanks for the phone numbers, I'm going to watch their condition and when they wake up talk to them about scheduling a test.

Flu jab, we're booked in for next week :/

But I would have thought you'd need to come into contact with someone to catch the flu!

Don’t wait.
    Go and get tested.
    Results back in 24-48 hours.

If your worried about contact with others the best thing to do for them is to establish if you are positive or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Your right in a way that it’s stuff like this.
    Not people breaking the ‘guidelines’ but the guidelines being a steaming pile of turd in the first place.

Max 15 people outside takes no account of individual places ability. Some places with an outside can Only accommodate 5 people safely. And others 55 people safely.

The problem is the guidelines are stupid so people ignore them.

Put proper feasible and reasoned rules in place with punishment for non conformance and then we will get somewhere.

Put unfounded, unreasoned, unscientific arbitrary And often contradictory guidelines in place and people will ignore them.

That’s so true. The hotel near where I live , they have plenty of space, have put up a couple of tents all around their outside areas. Tents we’ll spread out from another area. So overall of course they are serving more than 15 people outside overall but one area/tent there will only be 15 together. I think it’s a good system and good luck to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Testing centre is in North Gate Business Park.

• Advertisement

Testing centre is in North Gate Business Park.
    St. Finbarrs as well. Don't think you get any input into where, be nice if they considered where your nearest one was.

Advertisement