Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

Sippy I hope you’re partner is ok- if s/he has a temp and pains in her/his stomach it could be something other than Covid like a uti/ kidney infection or appendicitis
    I agree with everyone else I would make contact with the out of hours dr and arrange a test asap as then s/he will get the correct treatment as may need antibiotics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,155 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Don’t wait.
    Go and get tested.
    Results back in 24-48 hours.

If your worried about contact with others the best thing to do for them is to establish if you are positive or not.

Yes contact Southdoc asap and good luck, take care S1ippy, I hope negative for ye all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

156 in Cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Not good for Cork, but the striking thing to me is Dublin there. They have been under level 3 now for quite a while and it just isn't working really. As a result, no point in the rest of the country waiting to see if level 3 works. Just delaying the inevitable. Level 4.5 coming tomorrow I expect now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ludo wrote: »
    Not good for Cork, but the striking thing to me is Dublin there. They have been under level 3 now for quite a while and it just isn't working really. As a result, no point in the rest of the country waiting to see if level 3 works. Just delaying the inevitable. Level 4.5 coming tomorrow I expect now.

Donegal recorded 14 today. Might be working up there.

ACE when is the LEA Cork map updated?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Testing centre is in North Gate Business Park.

It’s North Link Business park,text will advise whether the test is in St.Finbarrs or North Link Business Park

I've heard of two creches now in West Cork that are closing over positive cases

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

Sh1t show in Cork all went to pot when the schools opened up and the students returned

• Advertisement

Know of a school in the city which has had multiple cases in students with even more students out now as close contacts and a few teachers were out as well due to being close contacts of a confirmed teacher case. Took a while and a bit of fighting for the HSE to agree that the teachers are close contacts however. With one student case the HSE refused to acknowledge that a few students were close contacts so they got tested on their own accord and were, shockingly, positive. Wasn't counted as a school outbreak though.

Surprisingly I haven't seen the school on any of those lists that people are making of schools with confirmed cases. Would rather not say which school as I know people there but still, it is spreading within schools.

Teacher friend in said school and another in a different school in the city said classrooms are fine, its when they leave the classroom is the problem and during lunch they line the halls, masks off etc. This whole "Children are safer in schools" is bs as we all know how fast viruses spread in schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,608 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Level 42 wrote: »
    Sh1t show in Cork all went to pot when the schools opened up and the students returned

Clearly its not.
    The virus knows when you have crossed the county bounds and strikes then.

Know of a school in the city which has had multiple cases in students with even more students out now as close contacts and a few teachers were out as well due to being close contacts of a confirmed teacher case. Took a while and a bit of fighting for the HSE to agree that the teachers are close contacts however. With one student case the HSE refused to acknowledge that a few students were close contacts so they got tested on their own accord and were, shockingly, positive. Wasn't counted as a school outbreak though.

Surprisingly I haven't seen the school on any of those lists that people are making of schools with confirmed cases. Would rather not say which school as I know people there but still, it is spreading within schools.

Teacher friend in said school and another in a different school in the city said classrooms are fine, its when they leave the classroom is the problem and during lunch they line the halls, masks off etc. This whole "Children are safer in schools" is bs as we all know how fast viruses spread in schools.

Name the school. People can make up their own minds.

Name the school. People can make up their own minds.

Would rather not as some information was not to leave the school aka the teacher spread. Believe me or don't, I've no reason to lie about it anyway and pretty sure people know me on this forum by now but regardless, makes no difference to me :) Once I see the school appear in those lists I will update the post.

Was mainly just to say that schools aren't invincible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Way more than 15 outside Elbow Lane tonight. Must be nearly double it if anything.

Also does the Vicarstown have a beer garden as they're open.

Reardens closed too so wondering did they get closed down or is it only open at certain times?

There has to come a time soon with numbers high that closing schools for more than one week mid term has to be considered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭cantalach

Level 42 wrote: »

Today in about 90 mins spent in town I saw:

- A family using the pay machine at the multi-storey car park, none of them wearing masks.
    - A mom with two kids standing right on top of me in a queue, the over-12 daughter not wearing a mask and sneezing.
    - A man sneezing into both hands outside a Centra on Oliver Plunkett St while his mask hung under his chin.
    - A man in his thirties flipping through records in Golden Discs with no mask on.
    - Countless people in shops wearing their masks under their nose.
    - Groups of friends huddled together drinking pints outside various eateries.
    - A group of friends meeting on French Church St, hugs exchanged.

But somehow it’s the schools are the problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭yogmeister

titan18 wrote: »
    Way more than 15 outside Elbow Lane tonight. Must be nearly double it if anything.

Reardens closed too so wondering did they get closed down or is it only open at certain times?

Yes the vicars town has a beer garden. Nicely set up for social distancing too even before covid.

yogmeister wrote: »
    Yes the vicars town has a beer garden. Nicely set up for social distancing too even before covid.

Ah, never knew. Although, I'd say only time I was ever on there was on 12 pubs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

cantalach wrote: »

- A family using the pay machine at the multi-storey car park, none of them wearing masks.
    - A mom with two kids standing right on top of me in a queue, the over-12 daughter not wearing a mask and sneezing.
    - A man sneezing into both hands outside a Centra on Oliver Plunkett St while his mask hung under his chin.
    - A man in his thirties flipping through records in Golden Discs with no mask on.

There was a parent or grandparent and a couple of kids in front of me in a shop today. One kid licking the conveyor belt in the shop and parent/grandparent made no effort to stop the kid. Also in Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Vieira82

cantalach wrote: »

Sure we can trust the people during a pandemic why not? Also the schools is just an addition to the ongoing problem... like a "happy little bonus" for the virus...

Would rather not as some information was not to leave the school aka the teacher spread. Believe me or don't, I've no reason to lie about it anyway and pretty sure people know me on this forum by now but regardless, makes no difference to me :) Once I see the school appear in those lists I will update the post.

Was mainly just to say that schools aren't invincible

I’m not questioning you, I’ve heard different things about different schools but it’s nice to hear it corroborated.

There was a parent or grandparent and a couple of kids in front of me in a shop today. One kid licking the conveyor belt in the shop and parent/grandparent made no effort to stop the kid. Also in Cork.

That is disgusting, Covid or not

Vicarstown has a beer garden out the back so all above board.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

Way more than 15 outside Elbow Lane tonight. Must be nearly double it if anything

I thought Elbow Lane had closed as a staff member tested positive?
    I wonder are businesses just throwing caution the wind now with level 4-5 restrictions potentially looming over them are they just trying to bring in as much business as they can until they close again for who knows how long.
    Just to confirm I am in no way condoning it if they’re breaking guidelines.

I thought Elbow Lane had closed as a staff member tested positive?
    I wonder are businesses just throwing caution the wind now with level 4-5 restrictions potentially looming over them are they just trying to bring in as much business as they can until they close again for who knows how long.
    Just to confirm I am in no way condoning it if they’re breaking guidelines.

So did I but looked open when I drove past tonight.

Maybe they were all part of Market Lane. I've been assuming the split of tables is tables at front are Elbow Lane and tables at side are Market Lane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Prof Dolores Cahill was speaking at an anti mask protest today on the Grand Parade.

The Anti Maskers are a disgrace.

Pricks of the highest order.

mikeym wrote: »
    Prof Dolores Cahill was speaking at an anti mask protest today on the Grand Parade.

The Anti Maskers are a disgrace.

Pricks of the highest order.

Wasn’t their protesters out then protesting against anti maskers In Dublin sure that makes even less sense Then the anti maskers.

BLM protesters a f*cking disgrace aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

So did I but looked open when I drove past tonight.

Maybe they were all part of Market Lane. I've been assuming the split of tables is tables at front are Elbow Lane and tables at side are Market Lane

I drove past at 6.30pm & was wondering too.
    The Oliver Plunkett & 115 cafe had a good few outside as well. Covid or not, doesn’t seem like the most enjoyable experience with this weather.

I’d say Market Lane could safely seat 30 or more inside with more space between people than 15 outside.

• Advertisement

23 patients in CUH with Covid, up two from yesterday. 2 in ICU in CUH, up one.

9 in the Mercy with Covid, 2 in ICU still.

CUH now has 3 Critical Care beds available, still 0 at the Mercy.

Quick question,

Does the South Infirmary handle any covid cases? Never really see it mentioned, does it have critical care beds? St Finbarrs I believe is just an elderly hospital correct?

Advertisement