Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

I know someone tested at midday Saturday who had their result last night.

Were they a priority group?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

jojofizzio wrote: »
      Were they a priority group?
      Nope. Mother of the person tested at 10am.

Priorities cases usually gets results quicker than non-priority,that often explains the difference in turnaround time,but if not,dunno why the discrepancy..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

These leaks are mad. Cabinet members now leaking actually during a cabinet meeting. Leaks saying move to level 5 for 6 weeks is not the most likely outcome after all. Madness (the leaks not the move to level 5). Shut up...make a decision and announce it. It is not a difficult concept FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭lulublue22

TheChizler wrote: »
      I'm a technical close contact of one of the colleagues through family, I don't work there but appreciate your sentiments all the same! I agree it's nice that's where their hearts were but in actual fact we're all really annoyed at the school. Much better that the children have unease with masks than the school get shut down and dozens of people infected IMO. The school claimed at the start the pods or whatever a class is called would never mix, but we've since heard that SNAs moved between classrooms and classes mixed for PE, teachers mixed in the staff room. There are a lot of kids with special needs so I get addressing those issues isn't straightforware but there are lot of questions to be answered.

I appreciate you are annoyed and upset but under tbe guidelines SNA’s are allowed move between classes. Teachers are allowed access staffrooms for breaks with teachers from other classes provided a 2 m distance can be maintained. In our school that limits our staffroom to 6 at a time. Re pods many schools have no choice but to have bubbles of 2 classes ie first class will be a bubble , 2nd class will form a bubble to ensure adequate supervision. Provided that classes are not mixing outside of their bubble it sounds like the school are following guidelines as outlined by the doe.

ETA for clarity pods are groups within the class - akin to table groups ,bubbles are classes of the same level. It would be impossible for the daily running of a school to take place without classes forming bubbles. SET teachers and SNA’s can move between classes.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,237 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ludo wrote: »
      These leaks are mad. Cabinet members now leaking actually during a cabinet meeting. Leaks saying move to level 5 for 6 weeks is not the most likely outcome after all. Madness (the leaks not the move to level 5). Shut up...make a decision and announce it. It is not a difficult concept FFS.

It’s not uncommon for kites to the flown as they say around policies to gauge the mood of such things but I’d be with you Ludo, in that it’s not at all helpful in this instance. It creates unnecessary worry in a population that is already worried and jaded from what’s happened this year already.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
      It’s not uncommon for kites to the flown as they say around policies to gauge the mood of such things but I’d be with you Ludo, in that it’s not at all helpful in this instance. It creates unnecessary worry in a population that is already worried and jaded from what’s happened this year already.

Yep...absolutely they fly kites in lead up to budget etc but this is silly now. I guess they are just trying to soften the surprise later is they suddenly announce level 5 when everyone kinda assumes 4ish.

232 in Cork today!!! 3 less than Dublin only.

Ludo wrote: »
      232 in Cork today!!!

Feckin riddled we are:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Very high

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

lulublue22 wrote: »
      I appreciate you are annoyed and upset but under tbe guidelines SNA’s are allowed move between classes. Teachers are allowed access staffrooms for breaks with teachers from other classes provided a 2 m distance can be maintained. In our school that limits our staffroom to 6 at a time. Re pods many schools have no choice but to have bubbles of 2 classes ie first class will be a bubble , 2nd class will form a bubble to ensure adequate supervision. Provided that classes are not mixing outside of their bubble it sounds like the school are following guidelines as outlined by the doe.

ETA for clarity pods are groups within the class - akin to table groups ,bubbles are classes of the same level. It would be impossible for the daily running of a school to take place without classes forming bubbles. SET teachers and SNA’s can move between classes.
      Well it seems like those guidelines need to be reviewed, all of a sudden we have dozens of people self isolating, many out of work, unable to go to appointments, and a couple seriously ill because the measures did very little to stop spread within the school. It's really not good enough. At a minimum if SNAs have to move between classrooms they should limit where they can go, at the moment it seems very ad-hoc with the SNAs who are free in the afternoon going to a different class every day. Bubbles are mixed for PE so you have two teachers and two SNAs all together at times which the department contact tracer defined as close contacts. Face visors which do little except direct the adults breath down onto children shared surfaces. I know another teacher in the school who has taken to eating lunch in her car because the staff room is too full. If schools are to remain open they'll have to operate much tighter.

Level 3 clearly isn't working in the cities. Dublin and Cork only counties over 100 today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Level 3 clearly isn't working in the cities. Dublin and Cork only counties over 100 today.

Level 5 wont work either as a certain group of selfish and ignorant people simply will not behave themselves.

Zardoz wrote: »
      Level 5 wont work either as a certain group of selfish and ignorant people simply will not behave themselves.
      If you honestly think 'selfish and ignorant people' are the reason why numbers are high you are completely and utterly delusional

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭lulublue22

TheChizler wrote: »
      Well it seems like those guidelines need to be reviewed, all of a sudden we have dozens of people self isolating, many out of work, unable to go to appointments, and a couple seriously ill because the measures did very little to stop spread within the school. It's really not good enough. At a minimum if SNAs have to move between classrooms they should limit where they can go, at the moment it seems very ad-hoc with the SNAs who are free in the afternoon going to a different class every day. Bubbles are mixed for PE so you have two teachers and two SNAs all together at times which the department contact tracer defined as close contacts. Face visors which do little except direct the adults breath down onto children shared surfaces. I know another teacher in the school who has taken to eating lunch in her car because the staff room is too full. If schools are to remain open they'll have to operate much tighter.

Agreed but I can’t see it happening anytime soon - guidelines still don’t recommend masks over visors despite how ineffective visors have proven to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭Zardoz

If you honestly think 'selfish and ignorant people' are the reason why numbers are high you are completely and utterly delusional

People are not adhering to the basics.
      Social distancing ,wearing masks properly ,reducing social contacts ,reducing social activities , etc .
      That coupled with the schools open is the main catalyst.

Zardoz wrote: »
      People are not adhering to the basics.
      Social distancing ,wearing masks properly ,reducing social contacts ,reducing social activities , etc .
      That coupled with the schools open is the main catalyst.
      Nope. It's happening because it's the natural progression of a virus. Look at any virus, ever. Same thing. Not new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,499 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Nope. It's happening because it's the natural progression of a virus. Look at any virus, ever. Same thing. Not new.

Remember that Ebola outbreak that ripped through America?

Nope. Mother of the person tested at 10am.

Did the person who got the result quicker say they were In a priority group by any chance?

jojofizzio wrote: »
      Did the person who got the result quicker say they were In a priority group by any chance?
      They're unemployed so no

• Advertisement

Remember that Ebola outbreak that ripped through America?
      There was no ebola outbreak in the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,499 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

There was no ebola outbreak in the US.

Ding ding ding

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

5km limit is bull**** in my opinion. Exercising should not be limited like that again :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

Re schools:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/education/coronavirus-schools-safer-than-wider-community-officials-say-1.4384292 (Yesterday)

The coronavirus infection rate in schools is running at about a third of the rate in the community, showing that schools are safer from the virus, health officials have told Government.

Figures presented to Government over the weekend show there has been an overall positive rate of 2.5 per cent of Covid-19 cases in creches and schools compared with 7.3 per cent overall across testing in the wider community.

The HSE data shows that when broken down further, in primary and secondary schools, the positive rate on mass testing falls to 1.8-1.9 per cent.

Surely it's better to have kids in a controlled environment, doing something productive, rather than roaming the streets with no control?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

General feeling from people I know in various age groups at the min is **** the restrictions, hairdressers arranging appointments at home, beauticians the same. Lads arranging too watch match’s at the weekend in the same house etc. I can’t see these restrictions having much of an impact when people seem too have lost fate in the government’s handling of the entire thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

General feeling from people I know in various age groups at the min is **** the restrictions, hairdressers arranging appointments at home, beauticians the same. Lads arranging too watch match’s at the weekend in the same house etc. I can’t see these restrictions having much of an impact when people seem too have lost fate in the government’s handling of the entire thing

And those idiots are why plenty of people are suffering with job losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Is that a testing site being made on south Douglas road? Just there by the back, employee pedestrian entrance to St Finbarrs, across from the house that’s covered in plants. They put down tarmac and light fixtures along with a few shipping containers.

Where will all the parents in 4x4s double and triple park now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

All the people I know are frustrated (including me!) but are going to comply, including myself and friends who are students. Just shows how there are two different groups of people, and your group isn't going to help us in the future. Seriously hope they bring in fines for this crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I suppose town will be f*cking mental 2morrow all the people going to the shops.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭shawki

https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/

Is there anyway to see the up to date version of this map?

Advertisement