Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DGW29 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

My bench
    McCarthy 12
    Webster 6
    KDB (ARS)
    D.costa (LEI)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    What is the general rule for automatic substitutes? I have been aware it is not always a straight sub (fwd-fwd) or even highest scoring benched player

You have to have at least 3 defenders, if KdB is subbed for you, it will be 1st player on your bench.
    If a defender is subbed, your 1st defender on your bench is subbed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    What is the general rule for automatic substitutes? I have been aware it is not always a straight sub (fwd-fwd) or even highest scoring benched player

The order the substitute comes in depends on the order they are placed on the bench. Only the sub goal keeper replaces a goal keeper not playing. Then the next player has 1 under the position and the next to the right has 2 and the final place has the number 3 and would be the last to come in if there were 3 outfield players not playing on your team. This is the general rule but there is also a rule about permitted formations so if for example you only had two defenders play then the sub coming in would have to be a defender to make up the minimum of three defenders in your team even if the first sub might be selected as another position player.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Bruno is the new fat frank for those of us old enough to recall his heyday in fpl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

These pep comments and the general sense off city has me wondering about them. They will go all out for the champions league and take it easy in the prem.. wheres dilva in the pecking order? Being his last year and all he may see decent minutes in the premiership as he isn't first choice anymore.. will pep wanna give him a send off? Considering him as my kdb replacement the team will still be capable of banging in goals regardless

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Lundstram wrote: »
    Popo
    TAA Soyuncu Saiss
    Salah KDB Barnes Bruno
    Auba (c) Jota DCL

McCarthy Dunk AWB Snodgrass

Just one player playing away so expecting around 250 points this GW, don't let me down boys!
    Just 215 points needed from Soyuncu, Barnes and KdB/Dunk's 5 needed to reach my target.

He hasn't scored since GW18! I've no idea how you could be shocked that a person who hasn't scored in 10 gameweeks people don't have.

Greenwood has scored more goals than him since GW18!

Well he didn’t play in 3 and a half of those 10 games you mentioned.

In his last 6 and a half games he’s played against Liverpool, Man City, Wolves and Chelsea. The 4 best teams in the league.

In the other 1 and a half games he managed an assist.

Was declared fit and available by his manager coming into a game against the leakiest defence in the league.

He’s currently joint top premier league goal scorer (from memory) and gunning for the golden boot.

Leicester are playing for top 4.

I’m more than happy owning him for this game. I’m shocked others have bailed.

I’m assuming most have swapped him out for Aubameyang. I didn’t fancy him against West Ham or City. I plan on backing West Ham for the rest of the season rather than against them.

Edit - the second I posted this I got a text saying - no Chilwell, Perez or Vardy in the starting lineup. Barnes and Ndidi start.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Perez has been a terrible punt on my part. Looking for differentials to climb the ranks but chose a wrong un. Can't wait to get rid this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Vardy one pointer incoming so. This game is soul destroying at times

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Perez has been a terrible punt on my part. Looking for differentials to climb the ranks but chose a wrong un. Can't wait to get rid this week.

You're just posting that in hope it brings some karma tonight ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Assume Vardy is on the bench so

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

52 points.

Up 3k so far to 9k with Grealish, Auba (c) and possibly KDB to go.

It’s my first time this season that I’m in the top 10k.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Still on 25 points after yesterday, Soy and Barnes tonight. Could do with KDB resting up Wednesday to allow Lundstram in.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

siblers wrote: »
    Assume Vardy is on the bench so

Would he even be? You’d feel that they’d probably play him if he was able to. Perhaps progress hasn’t gone as they’d hoped he was on track for.

CSF wrote: »
    Would he even be? You’d feel that they’d probably play him if he was able to. Perhaps progress hasn’t gone as they’d hoped he was on track for.

If he doesn’t play I’ve 15 points coming off the bench and VC.

My luck would indicate he will get 5-15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Currently on 52 points with Auba and KDB still left.
    If KDB doesn't play then Williams comes in with 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Rodgers said he was available and he would see how he would be used
    Will be in squad

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Have to keep reminding myself that Wildcarding this week was to set myself up for the remainder of the season. Not easy knowing that I got rid of Lundstram, Ayew, and McCarthy though!

Currently 45 points, with Saka, PEA and KDB remaining. 2 points to sub off the bench for Robbo and potentially 2 more if KdB doesn't feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

45 with 5 to play. presume KDB plays or its 4 to play

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

51 with Vardy Leno and Auba(c) to play
    HEWT

Vardy not in XI

Perez and Vardy bench

Feic sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

siblers wrote: »
    Feic sake.

The neighbours next door surely heard me roar

F**k sake

When just seen team announced on Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

LEI: Schmeichel, Justin, Söyüncü, Evans, Pereira, Ndidi, Praet, Albrighton, Maddison, Barnes, Iheanacho

Subs: Ward, Morgan, Fuchs, Mendy, Tielemans, Pérez, Vardy

AVL: Reina, Guilbert, Engels, Mings, Targett, Nakamba, Luiz, Hourihane, Elmohamady, Grealish, Samatta

Subs: Nyland, Konsa, Taylor, Drinkwater, El Ghazi, Trézéguet, Davis

shmeee wrote: »
    The neighbours next door surely heard me roar

F**k sake

When just seen team announced on Sky.

Hopefully Leicester will be well ahead and he won't be risked

Unlikely though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

So that leaked line up was bang on! Not sure to be impressed with the poster or shocked at the club. Thought the liverpool leaks were bad enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I think journalists get the line ups a few hours before kick off but are not allowed to reveal them until 1 hour before kick off. Champions League seems to be 1.15 before KO.

Leicester's one is about 8 hours before KO which is a lot more. There was plenty leaks from Liverpool hours before that time under Rodgers alright though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lets go Barnes ( I will sell you anyway :D)

Advertisement