Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DGW29 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Used my TC on PEA. Easily the worst season of FPL I have ever seen. I’m going to delete my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

km79 wrote: »
    Rest of season is a lottery (assuming it even finishes )

2 points
    1. I will be keeping my strong squad even if there are selection headaches
    2. I will not C/Vc players in same match

The fixtures will pile up and they won't get it fisnished.

Impossible to plan GW's going forward.

Ben Crenlins spreadsheets are gonna crash!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

So arsenal can’t play for 14 days now I would imagine?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Would not surprise me if they pull the FA cup fixtures for now and concentrate on getting the leagues finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

So arsenal can’t play for 14 days now I would imagine?

They met him 12 days ago apparently so are fine by Friday
    Brighton released a statement saying game goes ahead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,047 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

It’s a good job they had the no handshake rule at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

It’s a good job they had the no handshake rule at the weekend.

It's not like it's a non contact sport and players were shaking hands after the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The rest of the season is a crap shoot.

It's going to be hard to be too motivated to be honest. It's been an ok season, but who knows what's going to happen.

Almost pointless planning too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭skippy15

TC auba ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

SlickRic wrote: »

It's going to be hard to be too motivated to be honest. It's been an ok season, but who knows what's going to happen.

If they manage to finish it in a haphazard way there's opportunities for those who guess things correctly for big gains. Big if though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Have Boly to come in for KDB but Mahrez was a huge differential for me. I'll finish on 65 but think I'll drop in rank

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

9 points off the bench from Soy and Dendonker.... 59 all out and absolutely HEWT given that had tried to bring Auba in for Salah last min. Major bullet dodged....

Now all roads lead towards the quintuple gameweek benchboost

The joke of it all is olympiakos game vs wolves goes ahead
    Too much money in soccer .........

Rest of season is an absolute lottery
    Glad I played bench boost already

However not having a WC might be a problem
    I have planned my transfers out based on current fixture runs
    If blocks of games are moved to end of season everything changes
    Teams out of form again. Nothing to play for . It could even go on into the next transfer window .....

I am wondering if I will play next season now
    This week has been a real eye opener to me
    As soon as things got serious with corona my first overriding thought was fantasy and whether it will ruin my best season

That’s not normal behaviour

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

An absolute waste of my FH, I brought in Auba, Saka, Luiz, Mahrez, jesus and kdb. I have vardy, Barnes, Bruno in my regular team.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

dsmythy wrote: »
    If they manage to finish it in a haphazard way there's opportunities for those who guess things correctly for big gains. Big if though.

Guess being the operative word.

I'm aware this game is a certain percentage luck, but the end of the season is set to put that percentage way up.

We've already seen Auba captainers and TCers screwed this week. Most of them would've captained Salah or Mane this week I'd guess if they had an inkling this game would be postponed.

Nevermind chips being used, for good reason, at earlier points of this year, now becoming less and less of a good move, purely because of postponements, not because of any madly better move by those who held off.

Having both your WC and FH intact at this stage is potentially more valuable than ever with all the match changes and uncertainty. If those who'd used them had been clairvoyant and known about this potential level of fixture pileup, would they have held off? Yes, we all have to navigate the rest of the season, but luck is becoming a bigger factor with each moved match.

I could benefit, I might not. But its resembling pot luck.

As soon as things got serious with corona my first overriding thought was fantasy and whether it will ruin my best season

Most people here would have had similar thoughts, especially when you're in the top 1k it's a normal enough reaction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

I'm a bit confused by this
    They played Olympiacos on the 27th Feb
    Then they played Portsmouth on the 2nd of March
    They played West Ham on the 7th of March
    They are meant to play Brighton on the 14th of March

The 12th of March would be 2 weeks but are the other teams meant to be quarantined as well after they had contact?
    Or is it only if someone on the Arsenal team / staff test positive for the virus?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Ah I think you're being harsh on yourself there. I'm definitely thinking about how my season will be affected too - I'd say most people are.

I think if you take any hobby seriously enough and spend a lot of time thinking about it week-to-week, it'd be a bit strange if you suddenly stopped thinking about it altogether. In the grand scheme of things, FPL is no more or less important this week than it was in November.

Plenty of people out there who are deliberately trying to capitalise on the pandemic so we're hardly that bad!

(My work league leader has pulled 30 points clear of me this week thanks to tonight's game being off and I'm trying to be philosophical about things).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Haller comes in for kdb for 2 points

I rarely benefit from the subs bench

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Super Todd to the rescue with his usual 1 pointer

Guess being the operative word.

I'm aware this game is a certain percentage luck, but the end of the season is set to put that percentage way up.

We've already seen Auba captainers and TCers screwed this week. Most of them would've captained Salah or Mane this week I'd guess if they had an inkling this game would be postponed.

Nevermind chips being used, for good reason, at earlier points of this year, now becoming less and less of a good move, purely because of postponements, not because of any madly better move by those who held off.

Having both your WC and FH intact at this stage is potentially more valuable than ever with all the match changes and uncertainty. If those who'd used them had been clairvoyant and known about this potential level of fixture pileup, would they have held off? Yes, we all have to navigate the rest of the season, but luck is becoming a bigger factor with each moved match.

I could benefit, I might not. But its resembling pot luck.
    Absolutely 100%
    Guy in second had auba C and kdb VC. Weak bench. Pure sickener.
    H2H opponent loaded up on ars and city players AND tc Auba
    Went my way this week but next week who knows?

Very nervous now about not having WC

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 23,863 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

65 -4 with auba tc not bad considering

wasn't expecting anymore than 2 v city anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Down from 840 to 1,730 :-(

Still leading my MLs but 20+ points lost to lads who didn't plan for DGW. Even appearance points tonight would have made a difference to my GW.

Up to 48k. I'm only ever slightly above average or slightly below average, it's enough to keep me ticking over.

About 50 outside top 10k which is my goal (and to get out of the damn FSA qualifying league)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

siblers wrote: »
    Up to 48k. I'm only ever slightly above average or slightly below average, it's enough to keep me ticking over.

About 50 outside top 10k which is my goal (and to get out of the damn FSA qualifying league)
    I didn't even get out of the Qualifying League with a Top 6k finish!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

56 points and down 1.2k to 14k.

The no-show from KDB yielded Stephens' 2 points off the bench but many others would have had more in the way of autosub points which gave me the red arrow.

Shoutout to Jordan Ayew who has returned 18 points for me over the last three gameweeks for a 5m outlay.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

69 sees a rise of 30K up to a season high of 76K.

Only had Aubameyang and KDB from the DGW so didn't get as badly burned as others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Awful awful week

43 all out, captain Auba and KDB no show really hurt.

Down from 1.4k to 3.2k.

Advertisement