Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my letting agent stalling me for some reason?

Options
  • 07-03-2020 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I've seen an apartment a few days ago and I've expressed my interest in it, and it seemed to me that my letting agent was interested in renting the apartment to me (he immediately sent me a form to fill out). Now, since then it takes him a day or two to respond to each of my emails, each time asking me for a different document (references, bank statements, copy of passport). All of this could have been done in one day in one email, which makes me wonder if he is keeping me as a plan B, in case somebody else drops out.

The thing is I need to move out next Thursday from my current apartment and I didn't prepare any other option, since I was sure that this one will go through, but now it's been a week and I don't know any more.

Is this a normal procedure for letting an apartment or should I get an airbnb ready just in case?

Advertisement