Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 in 5 child deaths caused by incestrous parents - Pakistani’s biggest culprits

Options
  • 07-03-2020 12:56pm
    Site Banned Posts: 3

London Borough Study - Numerous reports from the Telegraph, independent, metro etc all staying that 1 in 5 child deaths around London brough are caused by their parents being related. This is quit shocking and obviously a huge problem. Should certain communities be targeted to try and tackle this massive problem?

(As a new user I cannot add links bit a simple google search will show it very easil)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

This thread relates to the capital of a foreign country. Perhaps you should point that out in the thread title?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,078 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

This thread relates to the capital of a foreign country. Perhaps you should point that out in the thread title?

But that won't help stir up maximum outrage...

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

Please don't criticise brown people, it's very upsetting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Yes, it should be targeted and education provided to prevent this occurring.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,584 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The only information I could find was from a report in 2017 based on figures from 2008 to 2016 and stated specifically that they were as a result of consanguineous relationships, which is not the same as incest. The communities are in fact being targetted and efforts to impart information about genetics to both adults and as part of school curricula.

If there is anything more up to date, or is in fact about incest, maybe you could provide a link (break it).

• Advertisement

The OP is presently writing a reply to got back a d Kermit that will trounce both posters questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

As a new user

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

youre doing a racism OP

its only permitted to notice positive things about other cultures.

I didn't feed that, I meant read.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

looksee wrote: »
    stated specifically that they were as a result of consanguineous relationships, which is not the same as incest

That's just a fancy way of saying having if off with your cousin really though isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Yurt! wrote: »
    That's just a fancy way of saying having if off with your cousin really though isn't it?

And we know nobody would do that in Ireland don't we.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

It should apply to everyone or no one.

Specifically targeting the Pakistani community is like Germany's Nuremberg Laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,584 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Yurt! wrote: »

No, incest is a criminal offence relating to relationships between two people too closely related to legally marry. Consanguineous is a relationship with a second cousin or closer - that is still legal if not advisable.

And we know nobody would do that in Ireland don't we.:D

Looking at some of the fugly people we have, I'd say it was more common in Ireland a couple of generations back than we'd care to admit.

I've often wondered how the Icelandic people managed to avoid it being so isolated and homogeneous with a small population. Very good looking people and generally not thickos so they must've been able to trace family trees very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

My racism senses are tingling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

London Borough Study - Numerous reports from the Telegraph, independent, metro etc all staying that 1 in 5 child deaths around London brough are caused by their parents being related. This is quit shocking and obviously a huge problem. Should certain communities be targeted to try and tackle this massive problem?

(As a new user I cannot add links bit a simple google search will show it very easil)

200.webp?cid=ecf05e478fb8739fa8adcd8cbb896c3e0e419ff05b83b05e&rid=200.webp

looksee wrote: »
    No, incest is a criminal offence relating to relationships between two people too closely related to legally marry. Consanguineous is a relationship with a second cousin or closer - that is still legal if not advisable.

As I said, a fancy word for doing the no pants dance with your cousin Mary.

There's the legal definition of incest (such as we have in Ireland, which excludes cousins) and then there is a more commonly accepted definition of it, which would I'd argue include cousins. In many states of the US(not all), marrying and having intercourse with one's cousin legally falls under incest.

troll.jpg?w=652

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

What ejit put up the flashy stuff. Won't help any epileptics reading....

What ejit put up the flashy stuff. Won't help any epileptics reading....

I have removed the flashy stuff but this is a trolling thread from a rereg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Should spellcheckers be targeted at specific re-regs?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Well that's dark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭MakingMovies2

Another day, another racist post on boards.ie. This website is turning into an open air sewer. I reckon ops parents are more likely to be related than any Pakistani people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Harika

As it's a troll thread, in short. While morally wrong, legally forbidden if brother and sister have a child in the first generation the risk to the child is lower than when the mother is smoking. Go outside of a maternity hospital in Ireland and count the smoking pregnant women...
    What the article surely mentions is that when the community stays close together genetic defects get passed down more easily. That's why Malta has an app where you can check if your potential partner has some specific genetic defect.
    Overall a known issue in loads of areas in Europe where the community stayed close together or married with each other, see royalties like the Habsburg.

• Site Banned Posts: 3 UrbanYeacher

The reactions here seem to suggest people do not care about the children dying from this.
    There is zero comparison between Ireland and Pakistan regarding offspring from related parents. Pakistani’s account for the majority of birth defects in the UK.
    It’s a massive issue and people are calling hard cold facts “racist”.
    Scary to see s people not giving a damn about children.

Harika wrote: »
    As it's a troll thread, in short. While morally wrong, legally forbidden if brother and sister have a child in the first generation the risk to the child is lower than when the mother is smoking. Go outside of a maternity hospital in Ireland and count the smoking pregnant women...
    What the article surely mentions is that when the community stays close together genetic defects get passed down more easily. That's why Malta has an app where you can check if your potential partner has some specific genetic defect.
    Overall a known issue in loads of areas in Europe where the community stayed close together or married with each other, see royalties like the Habsburg.

Nope it's only a problem amongst brown people according to the boards.ie master race while they finish of the 3rd tube of Pringles of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Harika

Nope it's only a problem amongst brown people according to the boards.ie master race while they finish of the 3rd tube of Pringles of the day.

Which flavour :D

Harika wrote: »
    Which flavour :D

Probably bitterness and sexual frustration

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

The reactions here seem to suggest people do not care about the children dying from this.

The "reactions" to this are largely that you are a re-reg troll looking to stir up some shite, cos you've fuck all better to do with your time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭relax carry on

There is zero comparison between Ireland and Pakistan regarding offspring from related parents. Pakistani’s account for the majority of birth defects in the UK.
    It’s a massive issue and people are calling hard cold facts “racist”.
    Scary to see s people not giving a damn about children.

Honestly, the more interesting study should be what drives people like you to post stuff like this. What is it that drives people to troll in such a manner?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement