Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 in 5 child deaths caused by incestrous parents - Pakistani’s biggest culprits

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

This is not fake news, but it is old news, since these articles appeared almost 3 years ago.
    Can we expect a post from the OP in 2023 that thiere is a bad 'flu in China?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Yurt! wrote: »
    Looking at some of the fugly people we have, I'd say it was more common in Ireland a couple of generations back than we'd care to admit.

I've often wondered how the Icelandic people managed to avoid it being so isolated and homogeneous with a small population. Very good looking people and generally not thickos so they must've been able to trace family trees very well.

https://theculturetrip.com/europe/iceland/articles/iceland-is-so-small-theres-an-app-that-keeps-icelanders-from-dating-their-relatives/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

PCeeeee wrote: »

All well and good, but what happens if you bring a hottie home from the bar, you check the app just before business time and it turns out she's your cousin? Do you call her a cab? What do you do with the horn?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Harika

All well and good, but what happens if you bring a hottie home from the bar, you check the app just before business time and it turns out she's your cousin? Do you call her a cab? What do you do with the horn?

Common sense tells you that this hot bird at the family reunion might be related to you. Also when the Taxi driver gave you the wink wink nodge nodge view on the way he actually gave you a hint that he is waiting downstairs to pick your cousin up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

Looking at some of the fugly people we have, I'd say it was more common in Ireland a couple of generations back than we'd care to admit.

I've often wondered how the Icelandic people managed to avoid it being so isolated and homogeneous with a small population. Very good looking people and generally not thickos so they must've been able to trace family trees very well.

Mmmhmmm and if we are as fugly as you say how come those beautiful intelligent Icelanders had a heck of a lot of lovely Irish Mammies...

Wikipedia says - This evidence shows that the founder population of Iceland came from Ireland, Scotland, and Scandinavia: studies of mitochondrial DNA and Y-chromosomes indicate that 62% of Icelanders' matrilineal ancestry derives from Scotland and Ireland (with most of the rest being from Scandinavia), while 75% of their patrilineal ancestry derives from Scandinavia (with most of the rest being from the Irish and British Isles).

By the way Iceland has remained genetically stable for a very long time, loads of them looking lovely on their big doses of Irish genes. Riddle me that.

.... this perennial shoite about our ugliness. Pffft
    Maybe you are just talking about yerself!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This is not fake news, but it is old news, since these articles appeared almost 3 years ago.
    Can we expect a post from the OP in 2023 that thiere is a bad 'flu in China?
    And therefore not Current Affairs

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement