Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus and social protection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Just wondering if anyone can advise i can't seem to find an answer online

My mother works part time x and o's in a shop that has closed down

Her boss said the job will cover 350 over Covid and she will get her social welfare payment also

That would mean she would earn more than being in work which wouldn't make sense

I hope she does make more but i said i would try get confirmation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Could be wrong, someone please correct me further if I am, but I think the only "Working" "Non-working" lol Category that reflects situation you're questioning, -not getting the €350, - would be those on Community Employment or other such Schemes. Scheme Participants would be just getting their regular Weekly Scheme Payment of 200andsomething. They're not entitled to the €350 they just continue to get their automatic own Weekly Payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marguerite2000

Steviesol wrote: »
    Has anyone on receipt of disability allowance who has lost their job gotten approved for this payment yet ?

wondering the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Even students who only had part time jobs in restaurants at weekends are getting the €350 even though they earn a lot less,
    also you will still keep WFP, possibly keeping other benefits you were already claiming, i know seems abit mad but that's the way is it,tell your mother to go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

She will get the €350 covid payment her employer doesnt pay this she needs to apply for it. Unless she is on wfp i dont think she gets any other type of benefits .
    The covid payment will replace her x & o's.
    As far as im aware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This €350 is nice but a bit farcical with what you said

• Registered Users Posts: 11 JemmaD

Is there a double payment in JSA this week? ��

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

From Brian Ó Domhnaill tonight;

✅✅ PANDEMIC PAYMENT ✅✅

♦️To answer high volume of queries. ♦️

The Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection have reported today that the majority of Covid-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment applications have now been processed.

Those who are eligible will receive a payment on Tuesday, which will include any back payment due.

If you do not receive a payment, it means your application is being reviewed and the Department will contact you.

gov.ie/deaspcovid19
    The dedicated phone line for #Covid19 payment queries is:
    01-2481398 / 1890-800-024.

For those who lost income/work in recent days and need to get an income support urgently, please do not attend your local Intreo Centre.
    Here's how to apply for the new COVID19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment from home:

Go to Departments Pandemic Unemployment page at https://lnkd.in/giNraBY
    1. Apply online at www.mywelfare.ie OR
    2. Download, print & fill in the one page form and return by Freepost to: FREE-POST, PO BOX 12896 Dublin 1
    3. You will be set up on the payment of €350 per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭marilynmonroe

Apologies if this is already asked. My husband is the sole earner and I am a dependent along with my 3 kids. Can anyone tell me what amount we will receive under the payment scheme?
    He is in construction and are still awaiting the details from his employer so I don't know yet if they will pay him or if he has to contact welfare yet. THANKS

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Update on the numbers. Pretty staggering

https://www.gov.ie/en/news/728c73-update-on-payments-awarded-for-covid-19-pandemic-unemployment-paymen/
    On Friday 27 March 2020 payments were issued in respect of 283,000 people who were awarded payment of the Covid-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment by the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection.

These payments are in addition to the 201,000 people in receipt of standard jobseeker payments as of Friday 27 March (an increase of 19,000 on the figure at the end of February).

A further 25,000 wage subsidy payments were made in respect of the Employer Refund Scheme* administered by the Revenue Commissioners on behalf of the Department.

All payments issued on Friday will be in customers’ bank accounts or at their local post office from Tuesday 31 March. The level of payments reflects the unprecedented demand for the Department’s income supports over the past two weeks.

Covid-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment

In total (since launch on the 16th March, 2020), the Department received and processed 389,000 applications for the Covid-19 Unemployment Payment. This is equivalent to a 19 month claim-load in two weeks. A significant number of duplicate applications – over 66,000 - were received. Excluding these duplicates, 88% of claims received were put into payment. All of these payments will be paid into customers’ bank accounts on Tuesday, 31 March.

However, some payments were withheld for various reasons.

Of these approximately 15,000 did not meet eligibility criteria (for example they were not previously in employment, they were under 18 years of age or they were still in employment). A further 8,700 had invalid PPSNs and 6,600 had invalid IBANs.

The Department is working very hard to resolve any issues, such as invalid IBANS or PPSNs, with legitimate applications and is contacting the people concerned directly over the next few days.

Click the link there for the full press release

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Apologies if this is already asked. My husband is the sole earner and I am a dependent along with my 3 kids. Can anyone tell me what amount we will receive under the payment scheme?
    He is in construction and are still awaiting the details from his employer so I don't know yet if they will pay him or if he has to contact welfare yet. THANKS
    If he’s laid off then he should apply for the covid 19payment immediately followed immediately with a full JSB application. Covid 19 is €350.
    Full JSB for you and him if you yourself are not working or have savings above 20000 is 337.70 plus 36 for each kid under 12 and 40 for each kid over 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

So after 3 weeks my claim is still not even on the system. I was told to apply again and I'll be pushed to the back of the queue. It's going to a very hard 2 weeks waiting for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭glen123

Does anyone know how quickly the payment shows up in https://www.mywelfare.ie/ for this new COVID-19?
    My son applied on the 24th online, received notification on the 25th his application was received and was being processed and it may take up to 7 days.

Nothing else is showing up on https://www.mywelfare.ie/ since then. Nothing to show in "My Payments History" either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Sorry bit off topic -Was there a double OAP pension paid out on Friday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 regularjoe_12

... this question is for one of my parents.

There employer has closed today- the employer arranged for the covid 19 forms to be filled by employees.

My parents question is will this affect there PRSI contributions. They are in early 60s and already have an employment "break" from having children, and would like to know will these months count again as a break.

This will make a big impact to their PRSI rights to pension in coming years.

I wasnt able to find any answer on line for this.

Many thanks,

glen123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how quickly the payment shows up in https://www.mywelfare.ie/ for this new COVID-19?
    My son applied on the 24th online, received notification on the 25th his application was received and was being processed and it may take up to 7 days.

Nothing else is showing up on https://www.mywelfare.ie/ since then. Nothing to show in "My Payments History" either.

Id say its to early yet,it did say up to 7 days from the 25th,only the 30th today.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Just looking for some clarity on residency.

My friend is what's known as a cross-border worker. Originally from Kildare, now living in Strabane as of about 2 years with her partner, but commutes to Letterkenny for work and college. Is it the UK payment she should be applying for, or due to her work and college (she's in Donegal about 6 days a week, at least 10 hours a day) could she qualify for the emergency Covid payment? Asking because she had already applied for the payment here about 2 weeks ago and would have to go to the back of the queue if she had to reapply for the UK payment. I've heard it's about a 5 week wait from friends in the North who've applied already.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭glen123

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Id say its to early yet,it did say up to 7 days from the 25th,only the 30th today.

I was hoping that since their communication issued last week had this
    " Again this week nearly all claims received since 19 March and up to close of business today (Thursday 26 March) will be processed for payment tomorrow", 25th would have been included in tomorrow's payments.

But you are probably right - it'll be next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ive seen reports of some opportunists trying to scam the system for more of that free money

glen123 wrote: »
    I was hoping that since their communication issued last week had this
    " Again this week nearly all claims received since 19 March and up to close of business today (Thursday 26 March) will be processed for payment tomorrow", 25th would have been included in tomorrow's payments.

But you are probably right - it'll be next week.

I put my claim in on the 28th got same message as you 7 days from claim, don't know if they are working weekends, im hoping early next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

So after 3 weeks my claim is still not even on the system. I was told to apply again and I'll be pushed to the back of the queue. It's going to a very hard 2 weeks waiting for it.

They are snowed under with the sheer volume. I'm waiting to get paid tomorrow but haven't received an email yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 xsi

Steviesol wrote: »
    Has anyone on receipt of disability allowance who has lost their job gotten approved for this payment yet ?

I get full disability allowance and earn €80.i presume as I am out of work I will get nothing extra just the €208?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Orange Krush

How do you know if you are going to receive payment? Do they mail you and say something like you have qualified/not qualified?

xsi wrote: »
    I get full disability allowance and earn €80.i presume as I am out of work I will get nothing extra just the €208?

What’s going to happen is that you will get the full 350€, but your DA will be means tested against it.
    So if you are single then your DA will be reduced to €88+€11 living alone increase if you are living alone.
    So your weekly income will be €438 + living alone.

How do you know if you are going to receive payment? Do they mail you and say something like you have qualified/not qualified?

They haven’t got time to let you know.

xsi wrote: »
    THey changed the people entitled to anyone working who lost employment because of the virus
    ,At first i assumed DA would sort it on their end as i had already submitted my dismissal letter to reinstate full DA ,but as days went on i was advised maybey i should apply directly for the payment ,so i did on 26 and recieved email saying it was being reviewed by an officer and someone would be in touch up to 7 days.
    I think if my understanding is correct if you were already on a socialwelfare payment and are awarded the emergengy payment of 350 it is then means tested.
    Im not entirely sure if this is correct ,but it said on gov.ie this payment would be treated as earnings,but i could have read this wrong so i stand to be corrected ,but when i hear an outcome il post on here .

splinter65 wrote: »
    What’s going to happen is that you will get the full 350€, but your DA will be means tested against it.
    So if you are single then your DA will be reduced to €88+€11 living alone increase if you are living alone.
    So your weekly income will be €438 + living alone.

This was my understanding also

This was my understanding also

What I wanted to add is that, as of Friday last, the responsibility to notify DA that you had applied for the payment lay with you, the claimant.
    So write to them, or risk getting into an overpayment.

splinter65 wrote: »
    What I wanted to add is that, as of Friday last, the responsibility to notify DA that you had applied for the payment lay with you, the claimant.
    So write to them, or risk getting into an overpayment.
    I had emailed them before applying that i thought i was entitled to the payment but i got a standard response that it was passed to the relevant department. ,but then i applied so do i still need to notify them ?

• Advertisement

i did just now anyway to be on safe side :)

Advertisement