Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus and social protection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marguerite2000

DA_InetInfo@welfare.ie
    This is the email for DA if anyone needs it as it is quite hard to find it .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

i did just now anyway to be on safe side :)

Best thing to do. Make sure and hold on to that email!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Got a txt off the boss saying I don't quality for the employer subsidy scheme, where does that leave me?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭ttsnar

xsi wrote: »
    I get full disability allowance and earn €80.i presume as I am out of work I will get nothing extra just the €208?

The COVID19 payment is an emergency payment. You are entitled to it with your DA is you lost your job because of the virus. COVID19 payment is not counted as means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

I got an email that my payment will be at the Post Office again this. As I made my application a couple of days before the Pandemic form was available (I sent this off too as per advice) it is going to the post office as a regular payment not into my account as an emergency payment despite my stating the reason for my temporary layoff was the Pandemic.

• Advertisement

ttsnar wrote: »
    The COVID19 payment is an emergency payment. You are entitled to it with your DA is you lost your job because of the virus. COVID19 payment is not counted as means.

Yes it is counted as means for people who are on a means tested payment.

splinter65 wrote: »
    Yes it is counted as means for people who are on a means tested payment.

COVID19 is not counted as means for people on DA. Where did you see this as it is misinformation.

COVID19 is not counted as means for people on DA. Where did you see this as it is misinformation.

I didn’t see it, I was informed over the phone by DA when I contacted them on Friday.

I also deal with several different means tested payments DA, Carers & OFP and at no time has it been stated it counts as means. There is no guidelines stating the COVID payment counts as means.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So I applied for the emergency payment but on xs and os

What happens now ?? Do I have to apply for the jobseekers too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

Does anyone know if the 350 is backdated to last weeks 203?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dillo1888

Just got a email telling me to collect the money tomorrow in my local post office. Would of preferred it in the bank. Does anybody know if this is backdated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Hi Folks i applied A few weeks ago,

I stopped working on the 12th March,

I sent a letter on the 16th March, I heard nothing , so on the 26th March i rang them eventually got through which was fair enough way things are the lady said to me she had not recieved my Application,

Anyway tonight i recieved a week's pay of this €350 ,

Will i get back dated from the 12th March or should i, wait another week for them to sort that out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Is everybody being told to collect it in the post office or just a small few? Seems like a lot of people are.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭plhealy2000

... this question is for one of my parents.

There employer has closed today- the employer arranged for the covid 19 forms to be filled by employees.

My parents question is will this affect there PRSI contributions. They are in early 60s and already have an employment "break" from having children, and would like to know will these months count again as a break.

This will make a big impact to their PRSI rights to pension in coming years.

I wasnt able to find any answer on line for this.

Many thanks,

I understand that prsi contributions will be maintained while on the payment.

Re the "break" when having kids, the homemaker scheme may apply to some or all of the period to fill in some of the gaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Dillo1888 wrote: »
    Just got a email telling me to collect the money tomorrow in my local post office. Would of preferred it in the bank. Does anybody know if this is backdated

Is that your first payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

I just had 350 lodged to my bank account this evening. I was expected a 2 week payment since I stopped working 14th March and posted my form on 16th March- is there a chance they'll be staggering it and I'll get another lodgement tomorrow, or would that be it for this week?

I'll wait and see what happens tomorrow but I was really counting on a two week payment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Remember if get WFP and you claim jobseekers WFP would immediately stop, if you just claim the covid19 emergency payment you will still get WFP. (just saying might not apply to you of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Lots of people in same boat just got the one payment,have a read last through posts on this thread,
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058064458&page=32

Flibble wrote: »
    I just had 350 lodged to my bank account this evening. I was expected a 2 week payment since I stopped working 14th March and posted my form on 16th March- is there a chance they'll be staggering it and I'll get another lodgement tomorrow, or would that be it for this week?

I'll wait and see what happens tomorrow but I was really counting on a two week payment :(

I got the same ,no arrears,i wait to hear did anybody get arrears .

• Advertisement

COVID19 is not counted as means for people on DA. Where did you see this as it is misinformation

If you were working and were also in receipt of any social welfare payment such as a Carer's Payment, Working Family Payment (WFP) or One-Parent Family Payment, you can, provided you have lost your job due to COVID-19, also claim the COVID-19 emergency payment, in addition to retaining your existing welfare payment. The COVID-19 Payment Unemployment Payment____""" will replace your employment income and will be regarded by the department as equivalent to employment income."""
    from the GOV.IE Rules

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Flibble wrote:

Same.

I didn't get any email/letter about payments, but checked my online banking and found 350 lodged

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Flibble wrote: »

Same but I assume this payment was meant to be in on the 27th for the week prior so 16th-22nd, similar to how my job pays. So I'd say that's it but when you get back to work you'll get a payment a week later than you'd expect...

(All guesswork on my part)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Healyjhow

Hey guys just wondering if anyone can help, applied on the 16th of March had been out of work since the 5th of March because business was winding down due to corona fears. Today everyone else I worked with received there 350€ payment with many receiving 205 last week. I’ve had no contact from the revenue that I’m aware of (had a missed call from a private number last week but doubted this would be them) I’ve tried to call numerous times but can’t get through. I have fees to pay this week unfortunately and I’m very stressed about the situation. I’ve reapplied online today I’m wondering if anyone can offer any advice on weather I would receive a back dated payment next week or what I should do next.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 N1989

Healyjhow wrote: »
    Hey guys just wondering if anyone can help, applied on the 16th of March had been out of work since the 5th of March because business was winding down due to corona fears. Today everyone else I worked with received there 350€ payment with many receiving 205 last week. I’ve had no contact from the revenue that I’m aware of (had a missed call from a private number last week but doubted this would be them) I’ve tried to call numerous times but can’t get through. I have fees to pay this week unfortunately and I’m very stressed about the situation. I’ve reapplied online today I’m wondering if anyone can offer any advice on weather I would receive a back dated payment next week or what I should do next.

I applied on the same date as yourself, had heard nothing as of yesterday and since we applied before the online portal went up, I was afraid that my paper form had gone missing/the postbox I used wasn't being monitored (all the fears you go through).

I called the Covid helpline yesterday, was on hold for about 10 minutes before chatting to someone. They couldn't find any record of my application when I gave them my PPSN, and I was told that I should NOT have applied before I was formally laid off (this didn't happen until the 20th as there was lots of conflicting advice flying around, and my employer was advised to have everyone apply as soon as we closed, despite the fact we were still on payroll).
    They were reluctant to amend my file in case a payment had been scheduled and I would be left with nothing at all. They said to wait until today and if I still hadn't received anything, to call them back. They also warned that since I had applied a week before I should have, I might have one of my payments reclaimed by the government at a later date.

I received my first payment of €350 late last night, as did most of my colleagues, but one of them had received the original €203 last week as well and the only difference was he had deposited his form in the Intreo office on the same day we had all posted ours.

I would try ringing the helpline again today, if nothing else to get a bit of clarity on why your application might be delayed or maybe even rejected. I think because they said I might have one of my payments reclaimed, then it is technically backdated, since the reclaimed payment would technically be for the first week when I shouldn't have applied - they could only reclaim that payment if they paid me for the week I shouldn't have received it, if that makes sense?

Hope you get it, it's the not knowing that's a killer when the end of the month is coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭mea_k

Dillo1888 wrote: »

Did you apply it to be paid in post office.? I'm still waiting for my payment.
    But I recieve top up via post office wonder will it be there on my original day.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭mea_k

Didn't recieve payment - again. Rang local itero centre.
    They checked - can't see application. I rang yesterday to helpline, was told to reapply. Did that still not on system. Questioned backpay as I'm now week owed - was told no backpay.
    Today helplines disabled.

My work mates all got paid today. So unfair I'm out of pocket as is, never mind no backpay...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dillo1888

mea_k wrote: »
    Did you apply it to be paid in post office.? I'm still waiting for my payment.
    But I recieve top up via post office wonder will it be there on my original day.

No I gave my bank details. But what I think happened was my jobseekers was processed before my covid form was so they didn't have my bank details so they paid me into the post office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭ATC110

I applied on 18th March, with the effective date being 13th March, and received €350 today too. Does anyone know when the second week will be paid?

Advertisement