Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus and social protection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

A lot of people in the same boat here they applied when they were told to with the free po box number on two occasions I sent both times they told me they did not receive it when they should have eventually they told me there was an online portal,
    I got paid yesterday, and now there saying no back money tough,v(so why do they want to know when u stopped working if there not back dating it )
    I don't think so, if enough people get together and speak to the revelant people we should be in a better position to get this

• Registered Users Posts: 30,553 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Sill question guys.
    I'm asked for my Employer name online and I'm wondering is this the man who owns the company or is it the name of the company I work for I fill out?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭hondar

ATC110 wrote: »
    I applied on 18th March, with the effective date being 13th March, and received €350 today too. Does anyone know when the second week will be paid?

There won't be any back money payments,you will get €350 for 11 more weeks.Thats what's I was told in the social welfare office.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 N1989

Sill question guys.
    I'm asked for my Employer name online and I'm wondering is this the man who owns the company or is it the name of the company I work for I fill out?

I put name of the company as appears on my payslip.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Sill question guys.

It`s the name of the company that you work for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Healyjhow wrote: »
    Hey guys just wondering if anyone can help, applied on the 16th of March had been out of work since the 5th of March because business was winding down due to corona fears. Today everyone else I worked with received there 350€ payment with many receiving 205 last week. I’ve had no contact from the revenue that I’m aware of (had a missed call from a private number last week but doubted this would be them) I’ve tried to call numerous times but can’t get through. I have fees to pay this week unfortunately and I’m very stressed about the situation. I’ve reapplied online today I’m wondering if anyone can offer any advice on weather I would receive a back dated payment next week or what I should do next.

You had to be employed on 13th March in order to qualify. When you stopped working on 5th March what did you apply for? Did you just decide to finish up yourself or were you “let go”? Did you apply for a payment on 5th March? Revenue has nothing to do with this payment or any payment, it’s SW you need to ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭mea_k

Its mad alltogether to not honor and backpay payments in case of lost applications. And submitted ones that are still beeing processed. I know system is backlogged. Sure they might as well process one application a day that way they won't to have to pay at all.
    It's even more maddening that people you applied same time as you have gotten payments. So why i should loose week of income just because my application wasn't processed in time. Sureley that's wrong?

I have just done this online and a message popped into my inbox saying

Thank you for your recent Emergency Payments application. Your application has been submitted and is awaiting review from an officer.
    If you are applying for COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment, you will also need to apply for Jobseekers. Start your application now.

I take I have to do this also?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Thank you for your recent Emergency Payments application. Your application has been submitted and is awaiting review from an officer.
    If you are applying for COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment, you will also need to apply for Jobseekers. Start your application now.

Yes you do. The Covid-19 emergency payment is for a limited time only. It will come to an end at some point.

Yes. This payment is temporary and is for a max of 12 weeks and might be pulled any time. If you think your not going to be in work on week 13 or if you have dependent kids/sig other then apply for JSB. Or dont, but you can’t complain then if your landed in a backlog later with no income.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Where is the 12 week figure coming from? Not on gov.ie that I can see...

splinter65 wrote: »
    Yes. This payment is temporary and is for a max of 12 weeks and might be pulled any time. If you think your not going to be in work on week 13 or if you have dependent kids/sig other then apply for JSB. Or dont, but you can’t complain then if your landed in a backlog later with no income.

Ok, thanks.
    I was under the impression. You just had to fill out the Covid-19 section and that was all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

We will be backdated from application date not processing date.

mea_k wrote: »
    Its mad alltogether to not honor and backpay payments in case of lost applications. And submitted ones that are still beeing processed. I know system is backlogged. Sure they might as well process one application a day that way they won't to have to pay at all.
    It's even more maddening that people you applied same time as you have gotten payments. So why i should loose week of income just because my application wasn't processed in time. Sureley that's wrong?

What do you want? Honestly? They worked their arses off to get as many people paid as possible. 1000s and 1000s of applications pouring in every day and loads of them full of mistakes. Here you are moaning away to yourself and making out that “they” don’t want to pay you.
    In actual fact what they have said is that they will sort out the arrears when everyone has had at least one payment. But don’t let that stop you having a go, please. It wouldn’t be Ireland otherwise....

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marguerite2000

It says on moneyguide ireland that all payments will be backdated in time,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭1882

Regina on Newstalk now

Thanks again!

Do you need to have signed on tough to receive the Covid19 fund?

I'm just wondering because I'm not sure if I have all the supporting documents at this moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

Thanks again!

Do you need to have signed on tough to receive the Covid19 fund?

I'm just wondering because I'm not sure if I have all the supporting documents at this moment.

No, but apply for JA now with whatever documents you have to hand,you can send in any at a later stage if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭settopbox

Enhanced Illness benefit ?

Apart from the medical certs etc,,

Do I need to have any PRSI paid or do I need to be in employment. ?

According to Gov.ie you need to be absent from work..
    But what if I'm just a regular jobseeker ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭pj12332

Anyone else not been paid who lost their job? Met all criteria. Form filled 100% correctly and received nothing today. They said they had my application and didn't flag anything when I rang this morning. Couldn't get anymore info. Anyone else in same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

pj12332 wrote: »
    Anyone else not been paid who lost their job? Met all criteria. Form filled 100% correctly and received nothing today. They said they had my application and didn't flag anything when I rang this morning. Couldn't get anymore info. Anyone else in same boat.

Mine wasn't even on the system when I rang them yesterday. Out of credit now so can't even ring to ask what's happening

• Registered Users Posts: 32 suirthing

Hi,

I was working 14 hrs per week before the crisis, getting approx €135 per week. I applied for the emergency payment when my workplace closed down. I received 350 today. My question is this - how will this all pan out when I hopefully return to work? Will I owe DSP the balance of what I got from them and what I would have earned? And if so how will they go about taking it back? I'm scared that I'll owe them a fortune!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭mea_k

What do you want? Honestly? They worked their arses off to get as many people paid as possible. 1000s and 1000s of applications pouring in every day and loads of them full of mistakes. Here you are moaning away to yourself and making out that “they” don’t want to pay you.
    In actual fact what they have said is that they will sort out the arrears when everyone has had at least one payment. But don’t let that stop you having a go, please. It wouldn’t be Ireland otherwise....

Nowhere in gov.ie or anywhere else is there said about arrears. I even contacted local SW office. Infact I haven't been paid at all. And my application was 100% correct.
    Delighted for those who got paid.
    But when you have to feed child untill Thursday with 5e. You would moan too.
    I'm fully entitled to have thoughts about all this. I've paid my taxes for 13 years without break. Apart from having my son. Soooooo....... I think least they could have done is sent email, that application can't be found despite me reapplying countless times.

Well said Ur absolutely right. They should be challenged on this who is the minister for social welfare

torrevieja wrote: »
    Well said Ur absolutely right. They should be challenged on this who is the minister for social welfare

Also a .lot of people were told they would not be out of pocket if they met the criteria, well people do meet it and are out of pocket, they are made wait and get nothing for the week or weeks they say they didn't get it so they say they didn't get it that's an easy answer , so for the people here who are mouthing about u have it for the next 11 weeks u Terry and live on fresh air , that was not what was promised sorry . .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

suirthing wrote: »
    Hi,

I was working 14 hrs per week before the crisis, getting approx €135 per week. I applied for the emergency payment when my workplace closed down. I received 350 today. My question is this - how will this all pan out when I hopefully return to work? Will I owe DSP the balance of what I got from them and what I would have earned? And if so how will they go about taking it back? I'm scared that I'll owe them a fortune!

You wont be paying it back, there are alot of people students who just work weekends ,all part time workers who earn alot less then €350 are getting this , to get all these to pay it back,wont happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

This made me laugh.

Jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Nowhere in gov.ie or anywhere else is there said about arrears. I even contacted local SW office. Infact I haven't been paid at all. And my application was 100% correct.
    Delighted for those who got paid.
    But when you have to feed child untill Thursday with 5e. You would moan too.
    I'm fully entitled to have thoughts about all this. I've paid my taxes for 13 years without break. Apart from having my son. Soooooo....... I think least they could have done is sent email, that application can't be found despite me reapplying countless times.

If your application was 100% correct you would have been paid. Lots of people make mistakes on their applications.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭sugarman20

Gemma O'Doherty. Send her an aul DM on Twitter!

Advertisement