Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus and social protection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,552 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

wiz569 wrote: »
    No, but apply for JA now with whatever documents you have to hand,you can send in any at a later stage if needed.

Thanks, I wasn't sure was if I had to do it instantly or not but I'll get around to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I applied March 16 through the post. 100 Correct. i have a copy of it. i have received NOTHING. I tried ringing absolutely every phone number and cant get through to anyone. I have

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

Thanks, I wasn't sure was if I had to do it instantly or not but I'll get around to it now.

It will save you getting caught up in the rush later ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

mea_k wrote: »
    Nowhere in gov.ie or anywhere else is there said about arrears. I even contacted local SW office. Infact I haven't been paid at all. And my application was 100% correct.
    Delighted for those who got paid.
    But when you have to feed child untill Thursday with 5e. You would moan too.
    I'm fully entitled to have thoughts about all this. I've paid my taxes for 13 years without break. Apart from having my son. Soooooo....... I think least they could have done is sent email, that application can't be found despite me reapplying countless times.

I wonder would applying countless times have messed up your initial application ie superseding it each time?

It will save you getting caught up in the rush later ;)

I was just a bit baffled by the message they sent straight away. I was under the impression it was a straight forward procedure and didn't require much info and then they sent out that email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marguerite2000

Will this payment continue to be paid weekly or will it be every 2 weeks ,does anyone know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

What am I missing here?

Just been told by a parent that her daughter who goes to college and has a weekend job has got the €350 payment.

She never earned €350 a week!?!?

Is the payment just sent to all applicants regardless?

I was just a bit baffled by the message they sent straight away. I was under the impression it was a straight forward procedure and didn't require much info and then they sent out that email.

Believe me this is as straight forward as it gets, it usually involves a lot more leg work and at least two visits to the Intreo centre,

But the main reason is that this emergency payment will only last for so long then you would either go back to work or sign on permanently, at least this way you will be covered either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

If your application was 100% correct you would have been paid. Lots of people make mistakes on their applications.

There was no mistake they said they didn't get it twice , so because of this people suffer that's a joke , exactly same criteria on the online form there's a difference in 100% correct and saying you didn't get it, they ask for a date u last worked hellloooooooooo , why ask

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Believe me this is as straight forward as it gets, it usually involves a lot more leg work and at least two visits to the Intreo centre,

But the main reason is that this emergency payment will only last for so long then you would either go back to work or sign on permanently, at least this way you will be covered either way.

It's straight forward if they acknowledge they got it very easy to say didn't get it saves them two weeks pay

• Advertisement

torrevieja wrote: »
    It's straight forward if they acknowledge they got it very easy to say didn't get it saves them two weeks pay

Agreed but I dont think they are doing it on purpose, their servers would have never been built to take that sort of capacity, I do hope you get sorted soon as its not easy to get by with no money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I take it if you got the verification email next day with the 7 day process message they cant say they didn't receive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

There was no mistake they said they didn't get it twice , so because of this people suffer that's a joke , exactly same criteria on the online form there's a difference in 100% correct and saying you didn't get it, they ask for a date u last worked hellloooooooooo , why ask

Your post is a of a mess but if they say they didn't get it then it's not on the system. That usually means the ppsn is wrong .

You are asked for date last worked as that is relevant to the claim.

Don't be stupid. The acknowledgment is automatic as soon as a claim is entered.

Clerical officers don't pay the claim out of their own wages, why on earth would they delay processing?

The entire reason the DSP is working multiple shifts, at the weekend, on st Patrick's day and closing all other claim processing is so people get this payment as its vital. Take your conspiracy theories elsewhere and stop knocking people who are working their balls off for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭EriktheRed

Seems like goodwill and helpfulness of the government will be always abused. Report her?
    Unless she worked very hard at the weekends and actually made more than 350?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

None of this makes any sense. Who is “them”? You do know that “them” is actually “us” the taxpayer?? Do you actually believe that this is the attitude of minimum wage clerks working in DSP? Are you 12 or something?

EriktheRed wrote: »
    Seems like goodwill and helpfulness of the government will be always abused. Report her?

Surely they'll be caught on next year's tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭EriktheRed

Surely they'll be caught on next year's tax?

Fingers crossed she will be

Yes, I briefly signed on a few years ago but didn’t claim anything in the end. It was a bit of a pain.

My final question is if you mess up with the form do they let you know?

My final question is if you mess up with the form do they let you know?

Under normal circumstances yes but at the moment I'm not sure, I would imagine that they will start looking closer at the forms as things start to calm down and will let you know if you messed up or not.

That said don't wait too long if you think something has gone wrong, give them a ring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

EriktheRed wrote: »
    Fingers crossed she will be

What has she done wrong exactly? The government decided that during this emergency anyone who lost their job due to the virus is entitled to €350. Anyone, regardless of days/hours/rate of pay, who was working on 13 March. So she’s entitled. And no, it won’t be taxable. Wind your necks in.

Under normal circumstances yes but at the moment I'm not sure, I would imagine that they will start looking closer at the forms as things start to calm down and will let you know if you messed up or not.

That said don't wait too long if you think something has gone wrong, give them a ring.

Thanks! It should be fine.
    I’m not sure if my employers phone number was correct because he has a few numbers on the go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

It's confusing, I know someone who works a 3 day week and gets less than €200 most weeks and is now claiming the €350

I believe they say they were told that was what they were entitled to.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

splinter65 wrote: »
    What has she done wrong exactly? The government decided that during this emergency anyone who lost their job due to the virus is entitled to €350. Anyone, regardless of days/hours/rate of pay, who was working on 13 March. So she’s entitled. And no, it won’t be taxable. Wind your necks in.

People shouldn’t benefit from the payment, it should’ve been means tested based on your payslips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

People shouldn’t benefit from the payment, it should’ve been means tested based on your payslips.

But if the government has decided they are entitled to the payment then they must take it. The option is €350 or no payment at all. These people can't live without getting paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Impossible to administer in such a short space of time with the resources available.

Blanket payment was the faster easier option

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Just Saying

Anyone who lost their job gets 350.It will be taxable.

I think they will change it as soon as they get on top of their new claims being submitted...I'd imagine they are snowed under.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Anyone who lost their job gets 350.It will be taxable.

I think they will change it as soon as they get on top of their new claims being submitted...I'd imagine they are snowed under.

Most wont pay any tax on this as unused tax credits during this period will cover any tax due

Thanks! It should be fine.
    I’m not sure if my employers phone number was correct because he has a few numbers on the go.

That's minor, wouldn't worry about that.

• Advertisement

See its really confusing hence my question.

Example:
    If your employer claims for you (which most are told to do) then they can only claim for 70% of the net pay of each employee - up to a max of €350.
    Most low paid and part time won't get near that figure.

If that same employee tells their employer not to claim for them, but claim for themselves they they get €350.

See the problem here?

Advertisement