Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus and social protection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Frogeye wrote: »
    Hi

A few lads at work need to stay home because they are the only carers for people who are required to cocoon. They can't risk picking up the virus at work and bringing it home.

The company have work for them so they are not being laid off. The company understands their situation and has no issue with them not coming in.

However are they entitled to claim anything with the covid payments? I've tried ringing the dept quite a few times only for the call to be dropped so I can't get any answers there.

Anyone have any idea on this?

Frogeye

They will have to speak to their GP and see if he/she will sign them off on the enhanced Illness Benefit due to having to self isolate. This is happening a lot this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Paddy's day by post.
    I reapplied this morning by post. So it will be Tuesday week before I get paid. That's 5 weeks with no money. Ifs it's not back dated it's hugely unfair. They lost my application not me

People are far more likely to fill in forms incorrectly on paper, mywelfare is far better.

Its highly unlikely they "lost" your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

Sorry if it’s been asked but can one tell me if after claiming both the covid 350 + jobseekers. Will the claimant receive both payments?

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

People are far more likely to fill in forms incorrectly on paper, mywelfare is far better.

The Dublin main office, my local office and the community welfare officer said it must of been lost. If there was a problem on the forum or if it was rejected it would show up as such on the system

The Dublin main office, my local office and the community welfare officer said it must of been lost. If there was a problem on the forum or if it was rejected it would show up as such on the system

Not if you got your ppsn wrong. An post dont lose many items, its not impossible just unlikely. Everyone looks at the same system, if its not on it they wont accuse you of anything, just say it must be lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Healyjhow

Hi guys just wondering, so my application was rejected because I had put my final date of work down as the 5th of march which technically was because I work i a hotel and the hours wernt there because events being cancelled due to fears) I was made unemployed officially on the 20th of march but had applied on the 15th so no payments as of yet. Cant get through to any of the helplines they keep cutting out but I've reapplied online as of yesterday. I am just wondering if ye know if this online application will be accepted now that my information fits the criteria or if because of my previous application I will be rejected again, I cant through to anyone to explain the situation and its really stressing me out because I am now 3 weeks without wages. and if anyone knows if it is accepted would it be paid this Tuesday or will I be waiting another week? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭glen123

They seem to be loosing the ones submitted online too.

Applied online on 24/03/2020. Got Notification "Thank you for your recent Emergency Payments application. Your application has been submitted and is awaiting review from an officer."

Received no payment on Tue. Kept checking https://www.mywelfare.ie/ daily to see if anything shows up there in relation to my application but no update.

Sent them email yesterday - still no reply.

Suddenly today my application showed up as In Progress and "not yet submitted" on mywelfare.ie (not sure if this was because I emailed them yesterday), even though I did get Notification message on the 24th that it had been submitted successfully.

Re-applied again just now. Again got notification "Thank you for your recent Emergency Payments application. Your application has been submitted and is awaiting review from an officer."

No explanation as to what happened with my application on the 24th which their website confirmed as received. Something tells me next Tue, if they manage to process my application this time, I will only get 1 week's payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wanderer19

Response to Tandry - post # 513

No, not at the same time. the reason they're asking you to complete the Job seekers is so they can assess you properly once the 12 weeks Pandemic payment is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Orange Krush

I submitted my form on the 25th, got the automated mail, saying that it is waiting review by an officer. 1 week later, still haven't heard anything. Should I get some correspondence back, at least to let me know whether I have been approved or rejected ? Anyone else in the same boat?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Wanderer19 wrote: »
    Response to Tandry - post # 513

No, not at the same time. the reason they're asking you to complete the Job seekers is so they can assess you properly once the 12 weeks Pandemic payment is finished.
    Any issue if you don't apply (daughter can't seem to do it online), will they still process the Covid 19 payment even if the jobseekers form doesn't go through?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I submitted my form on the 25th, got the automated mail, saying that it is waiting review by an officer. 1 week later, still haven't heard anything. Should I get some correspondence back, at least to let me know whether I have been approved or rejected ? Anyone else in the same boat?

The department has processed all applications received for the emergency COVID-19 Pandemic Payment received until close of business on Thursday 26 March. Payments for over 283,000 customer have been made into customers bank accounts today Tuesday 31 March 2020.
    If you have submitted an application for this emergency payment and have not received a payment into your bank account on Tuesday 31 March, it is because either:
    1. Your application did not qualify for a COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment; or
    2. The details you submitted did not enable us to make a payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

CramCycle wrote: »
    Any issue if you don't apply (daughter can't seem to do it online), will they still process the Covid 19 payment even if the jobseekers form doesn't go through?

Yes the emergency payment will still be assessed m8

If you think you may have incorrectly submitted the above details and you meet all the qualifying conditions set out above for the COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment and you did not receive a payment on Tuesday 31 March 2020 then we request that you submit another application.

Applications received through www.MyWelfare.ie before 4pm on Friday 3 April and which meet the qualifying conditions will be paid to customers’ bank accounts on Tuesday 7 April.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Tandey wrote: »
    Sorry if it’s been asked but can one tell me if after claiming both the covid 350 + jobseekers. Will the claimant receive both payments?

Thank you.

No. There will only be one payment (the covid one initially)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

wiz569 wrote: »
    Yes the emergency payment will still be assessed m8
    Much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

torrevieja wrote: »
    Wow theres always one isnt there, im answering a question i was asked

i suffer from dyslexia so my posts might not be always correctly put, the forms were filled out by my partner and they were correct, so id apprciate if you would think before you mouth out of you

Don't let it put u off posting torrevieja, some people think they know everything,

Wouldn't mind if u had asked him,

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

anyone get an email today saying application not accepted but got paid anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

Hi guys I have a quick query & sorry if it has been answer already somewhere her, I've been working two low jobs as I live in Dublin and need to pretty much survive.

One of my jobs is full time 9-5 and the other would be part time in evenings 3/4 days a week and obviously I pay my taxes on both. I'm still employed in my typical 9-5 and receiving full payment but have been let go from my second job as a result of Covid 19 pandemic.

My question is would I be eligible to claim the 350 government payment? clearly I don't want to claim something I'm not entitled to but I'm really struggling to pay my rent with just one of my wages now coming in at the moment. any help/Info would be appreciated

Hi guys I have a quick query & sorry if it has been answer already somewhere her, I've been working two low jobs as I live in Dublin and need to pretty much survive.

One of my jobs is full time 9-5 and the other would be part time in evenings 3/4 days a week and obviously I pay my taxes on both. I'm still employed in my typical 9-5 and receiving full payment but have been let go from my second job as a result of Covid 19 pandemic.

My question is would I be eligible to claim the 350 government payment? clearly I don't want to claim something I'm not entitled to but I'm really struggling to pay my rent with just one of my wages now coming in at the moment. any help/Info would be appreciated

Not entitled to covid19 payment as still in employment.

Cant see you getting this payment as the €350 is for people who have no wages coming in at all, i know your overall weekly wage is down because of the lost of your part time job, can your landlord be of some help regards rent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 AOHopeful2019

Just hoping someone could advise please. If I finish up work today but will get paid next Friday(as worked a back week) can I still apply for the covid payment today or do I have to wait until I'm not receiving any payment from my employer?

Just hoping someone could advise please. If I finish up work today but will get paid next Friday(as worked a back week) can I still apply for the covid payment today or do I have to wait until I'm not receiving any payment from my employer?

Wait till next week,although you could try applying today but make sure to put your finish date as next Friday but you take a chance of it being overlooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Wait till next week,although you could try applying today but make sure to put your finish date as next Friday but you take a chance of it being overlooked.

Why wait though? The question online is date last worked/paid to.
    So they are finished today and paid until today.
    Would they not be better applying today,to be paid tuesday 14th.

Op will be paid again next Friday, so could still apply today and put next Fridays date in as paid to.

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Op will be paid again next Friday, so could still apply today and put next Fridays date in as paid to.

But they are not paid to that date.that is the date they are paid on. The form clearly says date last worked/paid to. They are paid to today.
    If they apply today,they will not be paid by social protection until tuesday 14th. If they wait as you want and apply next friday it will be tuesday 21st when they get payment from social protection. Essentially leaving themself a week with no pay.

Then let them fire away, I only mention waiting as there may be other applications being dealt with requiring payment this coming Tuesday and their application MAY get overlooked.

But they are not paid to that date.that is the date they are paid on. The form clearly says date last worked/paid to. They are paid to today.
    If they apply today,they will not be paid by social protection until tuesday 14th. If they wait as you want and apply next friday it will be tuesday 21st when they get payment from social protection. Essentially leaving themself a week with no pay.

Another poster tried that already and their application was refused iirc

Then let them fire away, I only mention waiting as there may be other applications being dealt with requiring payment this coming Tuesday and their application MAY get overlooked.

Then those people would of seen that applications sent in by 4pm yesterday would be processed for payment by this coming tuesday provided they were filled in correctly and eligible for payment.

NO,i said apply just put in correct dates ,no need to hold on that's what the date of last worked/paidto are for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marguerite2000

You put date of last paid day worked ,it doesnt matter that you dont get that pay till next week. Apply straight away.

Advertisement