Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus and social protection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Hey I wonder if anyone knows the craic with Covid payment for partner also. See I am or rather was self employed so I applied and now I get 350 a week however my missus doesnt work so am I entitled to claim for her also I am outta work purely because of covid at this time . TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

youtube! wrote: »
    Hey I wonder if anyone knows the craic with Covid payment for partner also. See I am or rather was self employed so I applied and now I get 350 a week however my missus doesnt work so am I entitled to claim for her also I am outta work purely because of covid at this time . TIA

She is entitled to whatever was available before it came into being. How was she managing for money before?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

youtube! wrote: »

she would have to have been working at time the covid19 emergency payment started ,so no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

She is entitled to whatever was available before it came into being. How was she managing for money before?

Well I was supporting her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

There is no payment for dependants on the pandemic payment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

There is no payment for dependants on the pandemic payment.
    I think that is why they recommend applying for jobseekers as you may qualify for dependent allowance. The Covid payment is an emergency payment for person who has lost a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

Will an employer have to sign documents to confirm an employee has been layed off? How is this done if we can't get to work? Just worried my application will be delayed.

Thanks

SATSUMA wrote: »
    Will an employer have to sign documents to confirm an employee has been layed off? How is this done if we can't get to work? Just worried my application will be delayed.

Thanks
    I don't think so, this is an emergency payment, it seems the number one priority is to pay out as quickly as possible based on info supplied by applicant, I'm sure, in time there will be a more thorough investigation into applications, and clawbacks of any ineligible payments. I'm sure they do a basic cross check with Revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,552 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I know I posted earlier in the week.
    Do they email,text you to tell you your getting the payment or you've been rejected?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭yogibear77

No, if there is a problem and your payment hasn't been processed you will be contacted next week

• Advertisement

yogibear77 wrote: »
    No, if there is a problem and your payment hasn't been processed you will be contacted next week
    Lodged online application on 27th and got automatic notification, all going well this should process payment next Tuesday. If no payment, then I can expect some form of correspondence, is that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭yogibear77

They are in the process of going through the applications that have incorrect or missing information, where need they are contacting people. Provided you are eligible for the payment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

yogibear77 wrote: »
    They are in the process of going through the applications that have incorrect or missing information, where need they are contacting people. Provided you are eligible for the payment

Yeah but if your details are wrong they are contacting you to reapply not just sort things out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Can all the applications
    -covid19 emergency payment,
    -illness benefit
    -unemployment benefit

be done online?

I'm still working, not sick yet but preparing now for what's coming. Or do I need to get forms from the social welfare office? What about payments? Can they pay into bank account, to limit your interactions with the post office staff and less handling of cash?

Online application seems like the easy option but I know the social welfare likes to make things as difficult as possible for people.

Can all the applications
    -covid19 emergency payment,
    -illness benefit
    -unemployment benefit

be done online?

I'm still working, not sick yet but preparing now for what's coming. Or do I need to get forms from the social welfare office? What about payments? Can they pay into bank account, to limit your interactions with the post office staff and less handling of cash?

Online application seems like the easy option but I know the social welfare likes to make things as difficult as possible for people.

All on line, give your bank account details as can be paid into bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

What are people who have had their hours cut entitled to? Is there any benefit for them? A friend has had their hours cut by 50%

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭KevinK

My girlfriend (EU national) moved to Ireland in March 2015 and worked here until August 2017.

We then travelled/worked abroad for two years. (NonEu)

She returned To work in Ireland in June 2019 and now has just been let go due to Covid 19.

Is she entitled to social welfare under normal circumstances?
    Will she have access to this Covid 19 payment?
    Has she paid enough stamps in this period?

aido79 wrote: »
    I would imagine the reason for giving a flat rate payment of €350 was because they know people who aren't used to earning this much will most likely see it as "easy come easy go" and the money will quickly go back into the economy and stimulate it when others aren't likely to be spending as much as usual.

The money is going straight back into the economy as nobody will be saving money from the 350 per week!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Just thought id mention i applied late on 27th march, i email welfare last night got reply this morning,

"I can see that your Pandemic Unemployment Payment has been processed on 04/04/2020"

hopefully payment will be in tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Just thought id mention i applied late on 27th march, i email welfare last night got reply this morning,

"I can see that your Pandemic Unemployment Payment has been processed on 04/04/2020"

hopefully payment will be in tomorrow.

Do you mind me asking which email address you used?

Stheno wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking which email address you used?

info@welfare.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

KevinK wrote: »
    My girlfriend (EU national) moved to Ireland in March 2015 and worked here until August 2017.

We then travelled/worked abroad for two years. (NonEu)

She returned To work in Ireland in June 2019 and now has just been let go due to Covid 19.

Is she entitled to social welfare under normal circumstances?
    Will she have access to this Covid 19 payment?
    Has she paid enough stamps in this period?

All answered on the SW site if you care to have a look. I wouldn't rely on strangers to do your research.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Is there any way to check the status of your covid-19 emergency application online? I logged into mygov.ie but cannot find any way to check it there.

degsie wrote: »
    Is there any way to check the status of your covid-19 emergency application online? I logged into mygov.ie but cannot find any way to check it there.

No,you can send a email as i did above but you properly will have the money in tomorrow before you get a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭didntgotoplan

My employment temporarily let everyone go due to covid 19 about a week after I began a month of leave due to a non covid 19 related illness. I'm supposed to be back in work but still layed off. I was told to fill in the covid 19 relief forms by work but I just got an email back saying I don't qualify as I was on illness benefit the time of the closure. I'm not really sure what to do and work don't know either

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marguerite2000

Any one get any arrears from the Covid -19 payment tonight..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Any one get any arrears from the Covid -19 payment tonight..

Nobody did, or will do, if at all, for weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marguerite2000

Dodge wrote: »
    Nobody did, or will do, if at all, for weeks

ok i got a payment i dont undetrstand ..thought was arrears

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

ok i got a payment i dont undetrstand ..thought was arrears

How much was it for? Might make more sense.

Advertisement