Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus and social protection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Helgagirl

august12 wrote: »
    Did you get an email yesterday saying you didn't get it, they seem to be issuing emails to people who failed to get it for one reason or another,

No the only thing he received was the letter saying he wouldn't be getting paid for the first 6 days and he was entitled to 203 euros, and he needed to send in a second medical cert. That was why I rang to see what was going on and told it was just an error and it would be sorted and payment made in a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

degsie wrote: »
    Just noticed that if you are in receipt of the Emergency payment and if you have adult dependents you could also apply for jobseekers allowance. Do college going kids count as adult dependents?

As long as they are under 22

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Wanderer19 wrote: »
    It's one payment, the emergency payment is paid straightaway but you still have to complete the job seekers application to calculate the entitlements for when the emergency payments finish.

No, college students are not classed as dependents - they should claim their own payment.
    College students under 22 are most certainly dependents as far as SW are concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

splinter65 wrote: »
    College students under 22 are most certainly dependents as far as SW are concerned.

I was told you need to be claiming jsa for 6 months to claim for college students over 20 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Afaik Splinter works in SW, tends to have his/her facts correct.

Hoboo wrote: »

When I went into SW office on Fri 13th they hadn’t the PUP form yet and was told I’d have to apply for Jsa , the woman working there told me you don’t get anything for student over 20 until you were on jsa for 6 months. I could only apply for myself and my 17 yr old. I was told I’d get €243. So someone is wrong somewhere. I’ve now been changed to PUP and hopefully will be back at work before the 12 weeks are up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

Got told officially today that i was temporarily let go without pay, applied for the covid 19 emergency pay, do i also have to apply for the jobseekers at the same time or how does it work?

sorry if this has been mentioned but theres so many pages!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marguerite2000

Am i right in that there are to be no arrears before the 24th ,so that ist payment will not be paid ,from what read on citizens advice for the Emergency Payment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Am i right in that there are to be no arrears before the 24th ,so that ist payment will not be paid ,from what read on citizens advice for the Emergency Payment

No - Welfare is saying they will backdate to start of unemployment - but at a "future date" . Citizens advice site is a bit out of date . They keep changing the rules.
    Citizens advice site says that the €350 is from 24th - before that it was €203. The increase won't be backdated.

I'd be surprised if they sort it out for everyone properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marguerite2000

i hope so

dave 27 wrote: »
    Got told officially today that i was temporarily let go without pay, applied for the covid 19 emergency pay, do i also have to apply for the jobseekers at the same time or how does it work?

sorry if this has been mentioned but theres so many pages!

Welfare have changed things. Originally said everyone should apply for Jobseekers - now they are saying only couples with kids should.
    Cofvid Payment is not fixed for 12 weeks - they now say it is until the end of the crisis.

From here - http://www.moneyguideireland.com/covid-19-pandemic-unemployment-payment.html

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Some very happy students around and it will spend spend spend when the shops/pubs etc reopen

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Some very happy students around and it will spend spend spend when the shops/pubs etc reopen

That’s what the economy will badly need, so no harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Weffer

Hi just wondering, if married couple both laid off can both get 350 ie 700 in total . Or if one gets 350 are you entitled to increase for dependent adult ? Thanks in advance

Weffer wrote: »
    Hi just wondering, if married couple both laid off can both get 350 ie 700 in total . Or if one gets 350 are you entitled to increase for dependent adult ? Thanks in advance

Each laid off worker is entitled to the payment so 700 per week for a couple (if both have been laid off)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Did anyone get a payment lodged both tuesday and today?

Stheno wrote: »
    Did anyone get a payment lodged both tuesday and today?

I presume some banks process early because of the Easter bank holiday so it’s in your account now instead of next Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wanderer19

splinter65 wrote: »
    Really? I was told I wasn't entitled to it when I was made redundant in 2016, and not when my husband was in 2018 either?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wanderer19

Hoboo wrote: »
    I've been given misinformation on more than one occasion by SW - 3 times in fact.

Like all jobs there's people that make the effort to do things properly, and plenty that don't. I wouldn't rely on anything I'm told by SW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    That’s what the economy will badly need, so no harm.

As long as it is spent in our own economy. Think it’s only right that they we make every effort to do so and keep it in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kmscc

Got covid19 payment for the last 2 weeks then last night got an email to say because of my deasp payment I am not entitled to it I get WFP , the email said I was to reapply which I did straight away, it clearly states on welfare website if getting WFP your are still entitled to covid 19 payment any one else receive this ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 7 N1989

Mate of mine is a cross-border worker. Originally from Kildare, still has proof of address for there, but works and attends college in Letterkenny and stays with her boyfriend in Strabane while she's up here, contributes to his mortgage and bills but isn't listed on anything. Gave an Irish bank account but Strabane address for correspondence and has been receiving the payment - but we hear now that cross-border workers have to pay back? Anyone know if this will affect her? She's really stressed as the waiting period for Universal Credit is 5 weeks.

kmscc wrote: »
    Got covid19 payment for the last 2 weeks then last night got an email to say because of my deasp payment I am not entitled to it I get WFP , the email said I was to reapply which I did straight away, it clearly states on welfare website if getting WFP your are still entitled to covid 19 payment any one else receive this ?????

It seems it was a glitch email as one reporter highlighted yesterday on twitter

You can get WFP with it and you’re already receiving it so I think you’ll be OK. Understand this mightn’t help calm your fears but I’d expect DSP to announce something publicly by Tuesday at the latest (because of Easter)

Dodge wrote: »

You can get WFP with it and you’re already receiving it so I think you’ll be OK. Understand this mightn’t help calm your fears but I’d expect DSP to announce something publicly by Tuesday at the latest (because of Easter)

Email could be true - it seems claims have been cancelled by the truckload. Plenty on Twitter complaining.
    Claim canellation might well have been done in error - but it looks like thay have been cancelled. Couples with joint account - both were getting paid . Husband got cancellation email. Wife got paid today early but he didn't . So they are definitely cancelling claims as per the emails.
    Best bet is to reapply online and wait for the mess to be sorted.

https://twitter.com/IrishMoneyGuide/status/1248554863044198400?s=20

I was paying my property tax deducted from my wages every week but now that I am temporarily laid off and on the €350 covid payment, I’m not sure what happens! Any advice?

zorro2566 wrote: »
    I was paying my property tax deducted from my wages every week but now that I am temporarily laid off and on the €350 covid payment, I’m not sure what happens! Any advice?

Don't worry about it . Property Tax can wait.

Dodge wrote: »

Another WFP query, what will happen if your claim runs out during this emergency and you can’t get the renewal form filled out, will they just continue until everyone is back at work and then sort out the renewals? Due to get the renewal form soon, I know that you have about 8 weeks to return it but could still be off work by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

I put this question up on a separate thread before noticing this thread.

Are at risk People aged under 65yrs entitled to any covid 19 payment

Hi,
    Does anyone know if someone who works usually, but now falls under the government advice to cocoon because they are in the high risk group because of being immunosuppressant are entitled to claim a covid 19 welfare payment.

Looked at the welfare website and cant seem to get an answer.

technically the person is neither unemployed or ill. But the government/hse advice to them is to cocoon because they are open to serious illness if they contact covid 19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kmscc

Ogham wrote: »
    Email could be true - it seems claims have been cancelled by the truckload. Plenty on Twitter complaining.
    Claim canellation might well have been done in error - but it looks like thay have been cancelled. Couples with joint account - both were getting paid . Husband got cancellation email. Wife got paid today early but he didn't . So they are definitely cancelling claims as per the emails.
    Best bet is to reapply online and wait for the mess to be sorted.

https://twitter.com/IrishMoneyGuide/status/1248554863044198400?s=20

yes I was looking at this on twitter, they said in email no payment on 14th so its highly unlikely I will get a payment next week and they are not back dating any payments so that doesn't look good

Advertisement