Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus and social protection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 amd1982

My husband has been self employed since 2014 and has had his payment reduced to €203. Called this morning and they have said it’s based on 2018 details from
    Revenue obviously what ever details they have doesn’t match up to his. We have had to send the revenue records across by email for them to look into.

The girl on the phone said there seems to be a lot
    Of mix up with self employed peoples payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

amd1982 wrote: »
    My husband has been self employed since 2014 and has had his payment reduced to €203. Called this morning and they have said it’s based on 2018 details from
    Revenue obviously what ever details they have doesn’t match up to his. We have had to send the revenue records across by email for them to look into.

Sorry to here this but it is looking like a lot of errors being made, at least they seem to be acknowledging this, hope it's sorted soon and backdated

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Snow_White1987

It seems to be across the board for the self-employed it seems.

I rang and emailed this morning too with my tax documents for 2018 emailed over but nothing back yet...

What a mess they've made of it – seems like there were no checks by Revenue whatsoever. I almost wonder was it deliberately done to ensure they get the self-employed to contact them with proof of earnings...

I wouldn't hold my breathe for anything backdated, as those who are waiting on backpayment from March are still waiting it seems! Once my rate was sorted I'd be more than happy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Amik

I work part-time and am also self-employed. The two incomes take me over the 200 threshold but I received the lower payment this week.

Do I have a case or can I only claim based on one source of income?

It seems to be across the board for the self-employed it seems.

I rang and emailed this morning too with my tax documents for 2018 emailed over but nothing back yet...

What a mess they've made of it – seems like there were no checks by Revenue whatsoever. I almost wonder was it deliberately done to ensure they get the self-employed to contact them with proof of earnings...

I wouldn't hold my breathe for anything backdated, as those who are waiting on backpayment from March are still waiting it seems! Once my rate was sorted I'd be more than happy though.

Definitely seems to be like that hopefully it doesn’t take too long to sort out we’ve 3 kids and he’s never been paid qualified child rate for them from the start either so I’m really hoping or won’t take too long to sort him back to the correct €350 rate

• Advertisement

Amik wrote: »
    I work part-time and am also self-employed. The two incomes take me over the 200 threshold but I received the lower payment this week.

You should absolutely be able to claim both incomes to take you over the threshold.

I'd ring them and send an email to follow up with proof of your tax for 2018.

Though they aren't great on the phones. A woman said "there's probably only a small minority who didn't meet general, blanket requirements" and I said clearly not, if every single self-employed person I speak to (regardless of when they started as a sole trader) has had their rate cut!

Amik wrote: »

I think your in a difficult situation here. My understanding is you can only be one type of claimant, either employee or self employed. I don't think are flexible about this. I believe your earnings will be assessed solely on your initial claim.

Hope its resolved for you

Has anyone had a response to their email(s) yet RE the reduced rates?

I sent mine on Monday evening and nothing yet...

Has anyone had a response to their email(s) yet RE the reduced rates?

I sent mine on Monday evening and nothing yet...

My husband no reply either sent Monday eve aswell called the helpline again this morning they are no help !

My husband no reply either sent Monday eve aswell called the helpline again this morning they are no help !

They haven’t a clue on the phones unfortunately, I spoke to three different people yesterday and they just kept saying send the email.

I’ll be emailing again by Friday if I’ve heard nothing.

• Advertisement

It's amazing but typical that with all the meetings, Dail Questions, impromptu media interviews NOT A SINGLE MENTION OF THE PUP, it's as if all government TD's have been told, don't mention it. Even more shocking, no journalists asking questions. Is as if they want it to go away, let's talk about the TWSS, let's talk about the July stimulus (without giving any info), let's talk about leaner driver permits, anything but the PUP. Its as if 400k citizens really don't matter anymore. The eligibility requirement nonsense it appears was just a stunt, see were we are etc etc

Dempo1 wrote: »
    It's amazing but typical that with all the meetings, Dail Questions, impromptu media interviews NOT A SINGLE MENTION OF THE PUP, it's as if all government TD's have been told, don't mention it. Even more shocking, no journalists asking questions. Is as if they want it to go away, let's talk about the TWSS, let's talk about the July stimulus (without giving any info), let's talk about leaner driver permits, anything but the PUP. Its as if 400k citizens really don't matter anymore. The eligibility requirement nonsense it appears was just a stunt, see were we are etc etc

And still no email! Perhaps so many self-employed have complained etc they'll just send out a blanket statement on Monday?

And still no email! Perhaps so many self-employed have complained etc they'll just send out a blanket statement on Monday?

I think you can take it that they're in drag their heals mode and just counting down the days we're pup will end

I think you can take it that they're in drag their heals mode and just counting down the days we're pup will end

They surely can't just ignore people though! I don't understand them even telling us the email if it's just ignored.

They surely can't just ignore people though! I don't understand them even telling us the email if it's just ignored.

They can't ignore emails but can drag their feet and I fear the PUP and it's recipients are no longer a priority

They can't ignore emails but can drag their feet and I fear the PUP and it's recipients are no longer a priority

They are clearly dragging their feet if they've not responded to anyone yet (no self-employed I know has received a reply yet).

They are clearly dragging their feet if they've not responded to anyone yet (no self-employed I know has received a reply yet).

I’ve not heard of anyone who’s had a response either , they’ve messed this payment up again !

Called helpline again this morning and they were none the wiser - no response to my emails either.

This is a mess - I don’t think they’ve responded to any self-employed yet.

They said something about getting back-dated but I don’t think that’ll be the case as no one has received any back-dates pay from March even.

Called helpline again this morning and they were none the wiser - no response to my emails either.

This is a mess - I don’t think they’ve responded to any self-employed yet.

They said something about getting back-dated but I don’t think that’ll be the case as no one has received any back-dates pay from March even.

Disgraceful carry on, I've been looking around at various TD'S to see who's showing interest in this issue, particularly self employed, Taxi Drivers, Arts etc. I thought it might be worth a call or email if anyone interested. I'm not in anyway political by the way but it seems someone needs to kick up a fuss, might be worth a try, here's a link

https://www.pbp.ie/widespread-reports-of-taxi-drivers-and-arts-workers-having-their-pup-payment-cut-today/

Richard Boyd Barrett in particular might be worth contacting

Disgraceful carry on, I've been looking around at various TD'S to see who's showing interest in this issue, particularly self employed, Taxi Drivers, Arts etc. I thought it might be worth a call or email if anyone interested. I'm not in anyway political by the way but it seems someone needs to kick up a fuss, might be worth a try, here's a link

https://www.pbp.ie/widespread-reports-of-taxi-drivers-and-arts-workers-having-their-pup-payment-cut-today/

Richard Boyd Barrett in particular might be worth contacting

We’ve contacted our local TD who contacted the ministers office the reply was if we thought there was a mistake to email the PUPRerate email address it’s a disgrace there’s obviously been a major blunder here esp for self employed

• Advertisement

We’ve contacted our local TD who contacted the ministers office the reply was if we thought there was a mistake to email the PUPRerate email address it’s a disgrace there’s obviously been a major blunder here esp for self employed

OMG, I presumed you've already emailed. I'm not affected but if I needed too get in contact with my local TD, who's also a minister, I suspect he's a llitle to busy dealing with some negative publicity (I'll say no more)

I'm just hoping this will be sorted along with all the arrears mentioned yesterday.

Just a thought, I presume the mygovid and my welfare portals are not applicable to self employed? I find it useful and most info up to date and direct messaging /notifications available.

Thursday is normally the day payments processed so I'll keep fingers crossed

That's what I keep getting told.

Apparently, they are working through a backlog (though I was definitely one of the first to send my details to the address as I emailed as soon as I got the text on Monday evening and still have had no response!), but there's definitely something up as no one I know has received a single response to from that email address.

It's disgraceful.

OMG, I presumed you've already emailed. I'm not affected but if I needed too get in contact with my local TD, who's also a minister, I suspect he's a llitle to busy dealing with some negative publicity (I'll say no more)

I'm just hoping this will be sorted along with all the arrears mentioned yesterday.

Just a thought, I presume the mygovid and my welfare portals are not applicable to self employed? I find it useful and most info up to date and direct messaging /notifications available.

Thursday is normally the day payments processed so I'll keep fingers crossed

The portal is the same for self-employed but nothing on this yet.

I hope they'll make a blanket response to this when they update the figures on Monday – I'll flip if not.

The portal is the same for self-employed but nothing on this yet.

I hope they'll make a blanket response to this when they update the figures on Monday – I'll flip if not.

My husband just spoke to someone on the helpline said they have been flooded with calls from self employed people , not that it really helps now but he said any arrears will have to be backdated let’s hope it’s not too long wait

My husband just spoke to someone on the helpline said they have been flooded with calls from self employed people , not that it really helps now but he said any arrears will have to be backdated let’s hope it’s not too long wait

It's good they are confirming being flooded with calls but has anyone been told DEASP & Revenue were wrong?

With payments file processes today, I'm concerned nothing has been resolved, at least in time for next week payments

I'm due a week's backdated payment in April that I still haven't got so I don't hold out much hope for backdated payments!

RE arrears/backdating, has anyone received anything yet?

A woman on the helpline today told me that each person will have to be reassessed for any arrers they might be owed when the PUP finishes by contacting your local Intreo office – so I assume it'll be quite a wait as so many will be applying for theirs!

I'm just wondering has anyone received back-dated payments owed yet as I'm always told different things on that helpline, it depends on who you talk to I find.

RE arrears/backdating, has anyone received anything yet?

A woman on the helpline today told me that each person will have to be reassessed for any arrers they might be owed owe when the PUP finishes by contacting your local Intreo office – so I assume it'll be quite a wait as so many will be applying for theirs!

I'm just wondering has anyone received back-dated payments owed yet as I'm always told different things on that helpline, it depends on who you talk to I find.

That's not sounding good, waiting for PUP to end and then go down to local intreo centre, this is a revenue error,

That's not sounding good, waiting for PUP to end and then go down to local intreo centre, this is a revenue error,

I presume that's seperate to what has gone on this week – they should, if they are looking at each case emailed to PUPRerate@welfare.ie reinstate the rates well before it ends, I'm just pondering it if it takes them two weeks (for example) to do so, many people will be owed extra arrears as a result!

• Advertisement

Any self-employed affected have any luck getting a response yet?

Advertisement