Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus and social protection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

kingbhome wrote: »
    What if there's another lockdown. Surely they'll have to pay again. I know another person on it and is staying on it for this reason rather than going back to work. He was offered 2 weeks work but said if he signs of it, he's afraid he won't get back on it if there's another lockdown. I know it isn't right but he has to think about his future in all this. We know others who've committed suicide during the lockdown who hadn't a cent to there name because of one thing or another.

Turning down work aside, it is what it is, there are no plans to change the decision to stop new claims but of that may or may not change. Its very very clear government determined not to do a full lock down again.

What likely to happen immediately is a wave of new pup claims because of the new wage subsidy scheme EWSS, reports saying its not good and rules very strict.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

It's not me! But someone I know we'll. Yes it was money owed. I think it was 1500euro. He's afraid to lodge it while on the payment incase it gets stopped! The money was owed from the mid September but only got the cheque last week as the client of his fell into financial difficulty and only can pay now.

Money owed from a year ago is not an issue, the PUP is aimed at those whose earnings ceased from March this year, self employed slightly different they are permitted to take some work. So my advice is the payment received from almost a year ago fine (your friend very patient I must say)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

It's not me! But someone I know we'll. Yes it was money owed. I think it was 1500euro. He's afraid to lodge it while on the payment incase it gets stopped! The money was owed from the mid September but only got the cheque last week as the client of his fell into financial difficulty and only can pay now.

I received a payment from an invoice sent out last sept (2019) recently too ... I didn’t feel the need to explain it, I was in the process of giving bank statements to social welfare to process unemployment assistance claim, they didn’t query the money and my claim went through, I and my family qualify for €163 week, which is to be reviewed in September.

I received a payment from an invoice sent out last sept (2019) recently too ... I didn’t feel the need to explain it, I was in the process of giving bank statements to social welfare to process unemployment assistance claim, they didn’t query the money and my claim went through, I and my family qualify for €163 week, which is to be reviewed in September.

Yes I truly don't believe payments from periods prior to making a claim are an issue at all and don't require explanation, if it was queried, the dates should speak for themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Has anyone received their payment this week. or any update on their MyWelfare account? Thanks in advance

• Advertisement

My 350 went through this morning! As the payments go through on Tuesday , what date is the last one for someone on 350? September 17 is mentioned a lot but that is on a Thursday!

Could anyone clarify when JSA signon dates resume? Citizens information page says same as before, they're suspended during lock down.

That's going to be the departments call, currently suspended and at a guess for another month at least

zorro2566 wrote: »
    My 350 went through this morning! As the payments go through on Tuesday , what date is the last one for someone on 350? September 17 is mentioned a lot but that is on a Thursday!

At a guess the final payment on full rate will be Tuesday 22nd September based on the fact its paid a week in arrears

Saz2020 wrote: »
    Has anyone received their payment this week. or any update on their MyWelfare account? Thanks in advance

Did you get sorted? No issues being reported apart from one that was closed

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Did you get sorted? No issues being reported apart from one that was closed

Sorry only saw this now. Yeah mine was closed too cause i had signed on for credits as well as Pup. Stupid reason for closing ppls claims

• Advertisement

Sorry only saw this now. Yeah mine was closed too cause i had signed on for credits as well as Pup. Stupid reason for closing ppls claims

Sorry to hear this, I'm baffled by this, I understand a little, how credits work but I believed they are not a payment as such, am I wrong? If they are not a physical payment it makes no sense a PUP payment would be closed and without any notice or communication. Surely if it was an issue, could SW not do the decent thing an advise people on what needs to be done rather than this harsh action. I've read T&C that are published and there is no mention you can not be on credits when applying or claiming PUP, again, I'm not entirely sure so any other comments welcome. Hope you can get this sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Ya same here never signed off credits when went back to work in January so rang yesterday after an hour waiting in phone to be told just reapply again, like this happens quite regularly to people.

kerryjack wrote: »
    Ya same here never signed off credits when went back to work in January so rang yesterday after an hour waiting in phone to be told just reapply like this happens quite regularly to people.

Morning, just trying to clarify are credits a physical payment? Also, I wondered would credits not have stopped when job did. Just trying to. Make sense if this as there's no mention of credits affecting PUP, just genuinely surprised people being cut off with no explanation, seems very shoddy.

Morning, just trying to clarify are credits a physical payment? Also, I wondered would credits not have stopped when job did. Just trying to. Make sense if this as there's no mention of credits affecting PUP, just genuinely surprised people being cut off with no explanation, seems very shoddy.
    No payment with credits, you sighn ones a year.

No payment with credits, you sighn ones a year.

Makes it all the more shocking people's PUP payments cut, thanks for the clarification, it seems almost too coincidental the this is happening now.

Do I detect a spot of the Kingdom in your user name? :), I lived in the Kingdom for 8 years, found memories.

Ya here living in west kerry might have to give the Healy raes a call on this one if I can't get this payment back which I am entitled too, not particularly a fan of theres but that's the way things are done.

Ya here living in west kerry might have to give the Healy raes a call on this one if I can't get this payment back which I am entitled too, not particularly a fan of theres but that's the way things are done.

Small world, I was based in Dingle back in the late 90"s early 2000's. Yes indeed the Healey Reas absolutely the perfect people to stir a hornets nest on this issue. I think it's grossly unfair and inappropriate for the DEASP not to advise people of a potential issue but outrageous just to arbitrarily cut people's payment and in such a crisis. I see the airport checks debacle is also hotting up again with clear profiling evident from a FOI release.

This latest situation, seems like another cynical attempt to reduce the amount of people on PUP, accountability not apparently a strong point at DEASP.

Anyway, your in good hands down West, fingers crossed you'll get sorted :)

I think I will spend the morning emailing the lot of them from the top down.

Update got an email from DSP apologies for any inconvenience caused and supposed to be paid in to bank tomorrow.

Update got an email from DSP apologies for any inconvenience caused and supposed to be paid in to bank tomorrow.

Brilliant, well done :)

• Advertisement

I got the same, and i hadn't re applied or anything. Weird.

I got the same, and i hadn't re applied or anything. Weird.

Baffling but Brilliant :) it would appear a serious and inexplicable error was made on these bizzare decisions but good to hear its been rectified promptly. Great news

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Has anyone applied for the PUP payment lately? How long did it take before you knew weather it was awarded or not.

Has anyone applied for the PUP payment lately? How long did it take before you knew weather it was awarded or not.

Have you applied, how have you applied (my welfare or post?)

Assuming you do it through mywelfare portal and everything in order, it takes a few days, keep in mind weekends etc, if applying through mywelfre, you can log in and check update, notifications etc

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Have you applied, how have you applied (my welfare or post?)

Assuming you do it through mywelfare portal and everything in order, it takes a few days, keep in mind weekends etc, if applying through mywelfre, you can log in and check update, notifications etc

Applied this morning,on my welfare.

Applied this morning,on my welfare.

Good, faster that way, doubt you'll hear anything until Tuesday but keep checking, good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Stewball

Can you get a payment paid into a deposit/savings account or does it have to be a current account?

Stewball wrote: »
    Can you get a payment paid into a deposit/savings account or does it have to be a current account?

Is this for a PUP payment?, standard JSA/JSB not normally paid into a bank account. I believe this is solely at the discretion of SW.

If its a PUP, I'm guessing as long as the account has an IBAN & BIC and can facilitate electronic lodgements (I'm unsure all deposit/savings accounts can) , I doubt it would be an issue.

If you've already been getting PUP, the tricky bit is changing account you've already set up, this would require you making contact with SW.

If it's a new Claim and your happy account can accept lodgements, submit those details.

As an aside, if you've previously set up a mywelfare account and had a previous claim, the system will have stored bank account used for payments previously you'll need to choose new account etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Stewball

If its a PUP, I'm guessing as long as the account has an IBAN & BIC and can facilitate electronic lodgements (I'm unsure all deposit/savings accounts can) , I doubt it would be an issue.

No its not for the PUP.

I'm not sure if the deposit account can facilitate electronic payments - I only opened it last week.
    I'll be closing my current account I have been using in the next few weeks and want to switch the payment to the new account.

• Advertisement

Stewball wrote: »
    No its not for the PUP.

I'm not sure if the deposit account can facilitate electronic payments - I only opened it last week.
    I'll be closing my current account I have been using in the next few weeks and want to switch the payment to the new account.

Double check if the new account can accept electronic lodgements to be sure and its IBAN & BIC also keep in mind if you can use new account it can take up to a week to set up electronic payment

Advertisement