Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus and social protection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

DonegalBay wrote: »
    I lost my job earlier this year due to the Covid virus, but started working full-time again in an old job in August. Unfortunately, that now looks like it will also end this week due to the restrictions in Donegal. There may be a possibility of part-time hours, but that is up in the air at the moment.

Can I get the Covid 19 payment again and what payment category would I fall into? If I worked P/T hours for a few weeks, would that mean I would only get the lower rate if I had to re-apply for the Covid payment.

You can apply again, especially if impacted by lockdown, the amount you'll be paid would I presume be based on previous earnings, much the same as what you were earning prior to the August position, keep in mind however, the maximum payment is now €300 for those who earned over €300 per week, €250 for less than €300 and €203 if you earned less than €199. I'm not aware if earnings criteria has changed for new claims, that is, they worked off 2019 or JAN/Feb 2020 estimated earnings.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭DonegalBay

Dempo1 wrote: »
    You can apply again, especially if impacted by lockdown, the amount you'll be paid would I presume be based on previous earnings, much the same as what you were earning prior to the August position, keep in mind however, the maximum payment is now €300 for those who earned over €300 per week, €250 for less than €300 and €203 if you earned less than €199. I'm not aware if earnings criteria has changed for new claims, that is, they worked off 2019 or JAN/Feb 2020 estimated earnings.

Thanks for the response.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

As Mystic said its better to email them. I got a quick response doing it that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Dental Floss

I was on 350 all summer, went back to work in August, then we closed again for the Dublin lockdown. I was earning the same wage as before. I went back on the pup and recieved 250 this week. I'm not sure why I didn't get the 300. Any idea?

I was on 350 all summer, went back to work in August, then we closed again for the Dublin lockdown. I went back on the pup and recieved 250 this week. I'm not sure why I didn't get the 300. Any idea?

Good you got pup back, not so good rate reduced, I would have thought your rate would be new Reduced rate of €300, At a guess, I'm wondering have they changed the earning criteria period? For example, it was initially based on 2019 or Jan/Feb earnings 2020, have they changed this to whatever your earning were when you went back working in August? My advise would be to query this directly, they may advise you email the puprerate email address? Sorry I don't have a better answer, I've not heard of any changes to earnings criteria.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Dental Floss

Good you got pup back, not so good rate reduced, I would have thought your rate would be new Reduced rate of €300, At a guess, I'm wondering have they changed the earning criteria period? For example, it was initially based on 2019 or Jan/Feb earnings 2020, have they changed this to whatever your earning were when you went back working in August? My advise would be to query this directly, they may advise you email the puprerate email address? Sorry I don't have a better answer, I've not heard of any changes to earnings criteria.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes it's puzzling me, that extra 50 would make a big difference. I'll find the number now and give them a bell. Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes it's puzzling me, that extra 50 would make a big difference. I'll find the number now and give them a bell. Thanks

No problem and good luck, keep us posted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Hi all, does anyone know how long it’s taking applications now, was on Pup in March, signed off in July and now have to go back on again. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

As we are in Level 3 from midnight Wednesday. Do things have to change for JSA/JSB claimants who are signing on at the end of the month?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Habata

I'm waiting on JSA for about 6 weeks now with no update. I've rang my local centre and they told me they can't do anything since I applied online. I've emailed multiple times and the only reply I got was saying they're busy.

Is anyone else experiencing this level of delay?

• Advertisement

Habata wrote: »
    I'm waiting on JSA for about 6 weeks now with no update. I've rang my local centre and they told me they can't do anything since I applied online. I've emailed multiple times and the only reply I got was saying they're busy.

Is anyone else experiencing this level of delay?

Seems like an inordinate amount of time to be waiting, normally it takes about four weeks. I'm guessing by doing the application online you've got caught up in what appears to be a serious backlog, not just with JSA applications. I would normally advise if it were possible to close the claim and go to your local Intero centre but these are not normal times. Its not ideal but your payment if approved will be backdated to the date of application. You've obviously been chasing them so it's a wait patiently scenario. If you were stuck, you could apply for an emergency payment via the CWO at your nearest health centre, it doesn't affect your JSA application. Sorry, I'm not much help but there is obviously a backlog and it's about to get worse with PUP claims re level 3 restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

What's the waiting times for the covid payment now?
    I had to sign on again today

What's the waiting times for the covid payment now?
    I had to sign on again today

There's no apparent delays with this application, it's normally a few days, I'd expect you'll know by Friday, keep an eye on your mywelfare account for update (if youve applied through this method), good luck

There's no apparent delays with this application, it's normally a few days, I'd expect you'll know by Friday, keep an eye on your mywelfare account for update (if youve applied through this method), good luck

Do you think we can expect payment next Tuesday? Or would it be Tuesday 20th? Re-applied this morning. Thanks

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Do you think we can expect payment next Tuesday? Or would it be Tuesday 20th? Re-applied this morning. Thanks

If you get approval before Thursday, payment should be the following Tuesday. The Payment was originally paid a week in arrears, can't be sure if that's the case with new or returning claims but I believe if approved this week, payment next Tuesday, good luck

If you get approval before Thursday, payment should be the following Tuesday. The Payment was originally paid a week in arrears, can't be sure if that's the case with new or returning claims but I believe if approved this week, payment next Tuesday, good luck

Thanks for quick response, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

I got a warehouse job last week but today an old medical issue popped up which means I can't operate heavy machinery but I'm fine to work anything else. I assume I'll get PUP back and they won't tell to sign on for sick/disability.

I got a warehouse job last week but today an old medical issue popped up which means I can't operate heavy machinery but I'm fine to work anything else. I assume I'll get PUP back and they won't tell to sign on for sick/disability.

Very tricky, I've mentioned before, the PUP is specifically aimed at those loosing their job, laid off or loss of income if self employed as a result of the pandemic not for any other reason, I'm sorry about your situation but I'd rather give you honest opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

With all the payments returning to one week, will there be any change to the payments that were switched to being paid into bank rather than post office? Or nothing changes in that regard?

Corholio wrote: »
    With all the payments returning to one week, will there be any change to the payments that were switched to being paid into bank rather than post office? Or nothing changes in that regard?

No mention of that and I'd doubt they'd change that method unless contacting recipients directly

Press release here

https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/56ecd-social-welfare-payments-will-be-returning-to-a-weekly-schedule-from-week-beginning-2nd-november-2020/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

Does anyone have experience with casual dockets? I read on gov.ie that there is an online facility for returning them but I can't find it on welfare.ie. I'm working remotely and my boss can take days to respond sometimes so I don't think I can get them in on time.

Does anyone have experience with casual dockets? I read on gov.ie that there is an online facility for returning them but I can't find it on welfare.ie. I'm working remotely and my boss can take days to respond sometimes so I don't think I can get them in on time.

Hi there, it is possible but you have to you use your mywelfare account to submit from what I can see on link below.

If you have a mywelfare account, good, if not set one up, very easy to do, you'll need email address and mobile phone number, both to hand for verification, you'll also need your PPS number. Basic account fine for this facility.

Read carefully and look at the pdf for instructions on casual dockets during Covid-19 etc, good luck

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/5cc237-what-to-do-if-youre-a-casual-worker-on-xs-and-os-during-coronavirus/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

Hi there, it is possible but you have to you use your mywelfare account to submit from what I can see on link below.

If you have a mywelfare account, good, if not set one up, very easy to do, you'll need email address and mobile phone number, both to hand for verification, you'll also need your PPS number. Basic account fine for this facility.

Read carefully and look at the pdf for instructions on casual dockets during Covid-19 etc, good luck

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/5cc237-what-to-do-if-youre-a-casual-worker-on-xs-and-os-during-coronavirus/

Thanks. For some reason it says I do not have a claim when I click to make a declaration. Anyway, Finglas Intreo has said I can scan and email them to them.

Thanks. For some reason it says I do not have a claim when I click to make a declaration. Anyway, Finglas Intreo has said I can scan and email them to them.

Yes, mywelfare claim status very slow to update but at least you can email the documents directly which is easier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

HOw long are PUP claims taking at the moment, friend I helped did one two full weeks ago now and still showing as waiting for assessment on mywelfare site.

_Brian wrote: »
    HOw long are PUP claims taking at the moment, friend I helped did one two full weeks ago now and still showing as waiting for assessment on mywelfare site.

Seems a long time Brian, the mywelfare portal is slow to update status of application, so ignore that for a moment. My guess is your friend should recieve payment tommorow, if so great if not, I'd be calling them ASAP, most applications take a week but keep in mind weekends etc.

If your friend has not received any notification re decline or request for further info that's a good sign, no news with SW is generally good news if you get my meaning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

_Brian wrote: »

I applied for mine on October 8th and an hoping there is a payment in my account tomorrow, I haven't heard anything good or bad from them so hopefully that's a good sign.

I applied for mine on October 8th and an hoping there is a payment in my account tomorrow, I haven't heard anything good or bad from them so hopefully that's a good sign.

As long as Criteria met etc should be fine, as long as no notification of decline or seeking further info etc, it's a good sign. Good luck :)

Anyone previously earning over €400, payment restored to €350 again. If you don’t have a set weekly wage will they take average? If sometimes wage is €500 and some weeks €380 do they take the lower amount?

• Advertisement

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Anyone previously earning over €400, payment restored to €350 again. If you don’t have a set weekly wage will they take average? If sometimes wage is €500 and some weeks €380 do they take the lower amount?

My experience was they worked it out on average earnings per week over the full period they look at (2019) and or first two months 2020., in simple terms they'll look at the years earnings and divide by 52 if that makes sense

Kinda sneaky move I think, alot of people earning just shy of 400 gross will loose out.

Advertisement