Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus and social protection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Hi, the payment is based on Gross pay and worked out on an average weekly wage, working off earnings from 2019 and or Jan Feb 2020.

All that's changed now is those who earned over €400 gross per week will have full €350 restored and from payment made 27th of October next. I presume it will be automatic and no action required by claimants.

So th

Edit, the criteria was slightly different for self employed, I noticed you mentioned €10k, other Thread helps with self employed questions

So there basing this on Gross that's all I wanted to know why they couldn't say that in first place

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

torrevieja wrote: »
    So there basing this on Gross that's all I wanted to know why they couldn't say that in first place

But keep in mind self employed is turnover based so I can't advise on that as you know the challenges self employed have had since the outset

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Hi, the payment is based on Gross pay and worked out on an average weekly wage, working off earnings from 2019 and or Jan Feb 2020.

All that's changed now is those who earned over €400 gross per week will have full €350 restored and from payment made 27th of October next. I presume it will be automatic and no action required by claimants.

Edit, the criteria was slightly different for self employed, I noticed you mentioned €10k, other Thread helps with self employed questions

Yes Dempo it was a Self Employed Question Seems that in Self Employed case it Has to be Nett and Not Gross

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I assume the plan for post office payments in November has been suspended again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Have been on unemployment assistance since may (was previously on PUP but was given 3 day's work every 2 weeks).

With level 5 ... I'm facing loosing my 3 days , so do I need to reapply for PUP, I assume I also need to stop the unemployment assistance first, then reapply for PUP and hope there isn't any delay (financially struggling for the past few months even with state assistance)

Have started selling stuff from the house to get cash in to make ends meet....with lockdown, I'm guessing this may not even be possible.

Edit :
    Anyone got any advice ?

If it makes a difference, I'm self employed and have 2 kids, wife works part-time.

• Advertisement

Have been on unemployment assistance since may (was previously on PUP but was given 3 day's work every 2 weeks).

With level 5 ... I'm facing loosing my 3 days , so do I need to reapply for PUP, I assume I also need to stop the unemployment assistance first, then reapply for PUP and hope there isn't any delay (financially struggling for the past few months even with state assistance)

Have started selling stuff from the house to get cash in to make ends meet....with lockdown, I'm guessing this may not even be possible.

Hi, sorry to hear this. This issue came up before and not straight forward, you'd assume you can just claim 5 days rather than 3 but does not seem the case. Added to this you can't have JSA/JSB or shortened hours payment and PUP at the same time.

To be honest, I'm going to advise contacting your local intero centre before doing anything, they are best place to advise. You need to avoid a period were you have no income, others may have additional advice. I don't feel you'll qualify for PUP however, I feel it will be full JSA. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Hi, sorry to hear this. This issue came up before and not straight forward, you'd assume you can just claim 5 days rather than 3 but does not seem the case. Added to this you can't have JSA/JSB or shortened hours payment and PUP at the same time.

To be honest, I'm going to advise contacting your local intero centre before doing anything, they are best place to advise. You need to avoid a period were you have no income, others may have additional advice. I don't feel you'll qualify for PUP however, I feel it will be full JSA. Good luck

I contacted them yesterday following the announcement on Monday and they said they couldn't advise me and asked do I want to close the unemployment assistance ? I said yes because with lockdown I'm completely out of work (again).

I contacted them yesterday following the announcement on Monday and they said they couldn't advise me and asked do I want to close the unemployment assistance ? I said yes because with lockdown I'm completely out of work (again).

Shocking ineptitude, the concern I have is closing your temporary assistance requires you to sign up for another benifit and I'm hearing serious delays on new claims. At a guess and its only a guess would you now qualify for PUP?

The criteria re earnings for 2019 and or Jan/Feb 2020 still applies. We're you working in these periods (with no benefit?)

If as its seems you have now closed temporary payment, I don't think you have much option if you have earnings from 2019 etc to apply for PUP through mywelfare. If it's declined, you won't know for at least a few days (important temporary benefit closed fully before you commence.

If declined the only option is then to apply for full JSA but as advised, serious delays being reported. I know not ideal but is it possible to visit your local intero centre? Surely there has to be advice on this tricky issue. My primary concern for you is being without income for a period of time. There is the CWO option while any new claim being processed.

Get back on to them immediately. Closing your claim mightn’t have been the right thing. If you’re not totally satisfied with the information you’ve been given, ask them to clarify it with their supervisor.

They’re not the ogres they are often made out to be!

Get back on to them immediately. Closing your claim mightn’t have been the right thing. If you’re not totally satisfied with the information you’ve been given, ask them to clarify it with their supervisor.

They’re not the ogres they are often made out to be!

Have to agree, get BACK on ASAP, there certainly not Ogres but under pressure this however doesn't excuse bad advice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 MonkeySpanner

Anyone know if they take casual workers benefit into account when determining your weekly pay? I worked full time and over the €400 a week last year but was put on a 3 day week for a stage with two days claiming from the social welfare.

Not sure I'd average out €400 a week with just my wages divided over the year but would taking into account the casual workers.

Anyone know if they take casual workers benefit into account when determining your weekly pay? I worked full time and over the €400 a week last year but was put on a 3 day week for a stage with two days claiming from the social welfare.

Not sure I'd average out €400 a week with just my wages divided over the year but would taking into account the casual workers.

My understanding is no, they only work off payroll information submitted to Revenue who do the sums as such. If you had access to all your payslips you coukd work it out, keep in mind it's gross average earnings for 2019 and or Jan/Feb 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

My wife applied for PUP online on monday as they had to clos due ti Level 5.Will she get any email that claim was succesful or should she send paper for to be on safe sid?.Most likely she wont be back to work till Jan/21 :(

My wife applied for PUP online on monday as they had to clos due ti Level 5.Will she get any email that claim was succesful or should she send paper for to be on safe sid?.Most likely she wont be back to work till Jan/21 :(

Hi, she won't unfortunately, history has shown there's no notification for approval but are for declines or additional info requests. In essence no news good news. If she checks status on claim it also wonr show anything as the portal very slow to be updated. I'd be confident she should get payment next Tuesday assuming she's met criteria etc.

I would not send anything unless requested, good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Hi, she won't unfortunately, history has shown there's no notification for approval but are for declines or additional info requests. In essence no news good news. If she checks status on claim it also wonr show anything as the portal very slow to be updated. I'd be confident she should get payment next Tuesday assuming she's met criteria etc.

I would not send anything unless requested, good luck :)

My sisters in the same boat, hairdresser, so applied again. She was on PUP the first time around.

Do you know if they keep bank details? She wasn't asked for them when applying this time, juts employer details and her details.

Hoboo wrote: »
    My sisters in the same boat, hairdresser, so applied again. She was on PUP the first time around.

Do you know if they keep bank details? She wasn't asked for them when applying this time, juts employer details and her details.

Curious about the bank details request? This was always required unless you had a previous benefit and they had your bank details on record , but even then you had to confirm details with numbers hidden for security reasons, I've heard they no longer allow payments in post office so maybe that's the reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Curious about the bank details request? This was always required unless you had a previous benefit and they had your bank details on record , but even then you had to confirm details with numbers hidden for security reasons, I've heard they no longer allow payments in post office so maybe that's the reason.

She was receiving the PUP into her account during the last lockdown so I'm guessing they'd still have them on file....don't like guessing though.

She was receiving the PUP into her account during the last lockdown so I'm guessing they'd still have them on file....don't like guessing though.

She'll be fine, Bank Details saved on file and within the mywelfare account :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I did have to supply my bank details again while reapplying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I received payment yesterday, 11 days after applying. My welfare account is still not showing my application was successful, just keep an eye on the bank account next Tuesday morning would be my advice.

• Advertisement

I received payment yesterday, 11 days after applying. My welfare account is still not showing my application was successful, just keep an eye on the bank account next Tuesday morning would be my advice.

And good advice it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭hblock21

Is there a contact number for PUP?
    I applied first week of September but was rejected due to having no pris contributions (which is total nonsense). I sent an email for it to be reviewed but have heard nothing. It must be about 7 weeks now...

hblock21 wrote: »
    I applied first week of September but was rejected due to having no pris contributions (which is total nonsense). I sent an email for it to be reviewed but have heard nothing. It must be about 7 weeks now...

1890800024 is the PUP help line, just re PRSI, you know they work off 2019 and or Jan/Feb 2020 earnings?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭edwardkiley

hey guys.
    just wondering are college students who were doing part time work and lost their work just now cause of the new lockdown entitled to the PUP?

hey guys.
    just wondering are college students who were doing part time work and lost their work just now cause of the new lockdown entitled to the PUP?

Hi, the whole question relating to students entitlement has not been dealt with and as such they continue to be entitled, however important note the criteria re earnings may have a baring.

Basically, earnings are assessed from 2019 and or jan/Feb 2020 so you'll need to have earnings that can be verified, in addition the payment amount is determined on the amount you earned then.

Normally full time students not entitled to a SW payment but as explained, students were and appear to be still entitled to claim pup based on the loss of their Job, either full or part time.

See rules here

https://www.gov.ie/en/service/be74d3-covid-19-pandemic-unemployment-payment/#how-to-qualify

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭edwardkiley

Hi, the whole question relating to students entitlement has not been dealt with and as such they continue to be entitled, however important note the criteria re earnings may have a baring.

Basically, earnings are assessed from 2019 and or jan/Feb 2020 so you'll need to have earnings that can be verified, in addition the payment amount is determined on the amount you earned then.

Normally full time students not entitled to a SW payment but as explained, students were and appear to be still entitled to claim pup based on the loss of their Job, either full or part time.

See rules here

https://www.gov.ie/en/service/be74d3-covid-19-pandemic-unemployment-payment/#how-to-qualify

thanks for the info

thanks for the info

No problem, Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mystic

Send an email to pupearningscheck@welfare.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭hblock21

mystic wrote: »
    Send an email to pupearningscheck@welfare.ie.

They actually got back to me today before I called and they have put me on PUP.
    Will it be back-dated to September? Thats when I initially applied....

• Advertisement

They actually got back to me today before I called and they have put me on PUP.
    Will it be back-dated to September? Thats when I initially applied....

Good news :), it should be applicable from date of application but I just want to caution you. There's been a number of issues regarding back payments, I'm hoping it's been resolved and fingers crossed your payment will reflect this. Not sure if they gave you a day for payment but it's normally Tuesday by bank transfer.

Advertisement