Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus and social protection

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭thebestwords

Turas Nua are getting people to do phonecalls now instead of face to face meetings. I thought the plug was pulled then they were extended one year more in Nov 2019?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

corsav6 wrote: »
    Ulster Bank and restored to €350, only applied Tuesday evening so happy to get it so soon.

Great :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Turas Nua are getting people to do phonecalls now instead of face to face meetings. I thought the plug was pulled then they were extended one year more in Nov 2019?

No, Theyve been doing calls since original lockdown and the plug was pulled on new clients (victims), it's only if you were on their books already, they have not taken new clients since late last year

Just posting on this thread also, if anyone can help.

Just curious if anyone has access to their payment history in mywelfare, you need to have a full mygovid account to see this.

Trying to help someone out, their payment history last update showing 20th October for payment period 9-15th October. They didn't get payment today, it maybe their bank, I'm not sure. Basically last update was last weeks payment 20th Oct.

So if anyone got payment today and can check payment history to see what dates showing, I know it may not be updated, she's anxious on hearing some have been paid, thanks in advance, if anyone can check appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Just posting on this thread also, if anyone can help.

Just curious if anyone has access to their payment history in mywelfare, you need to have a full mygovid account to see this.

Trying to help someone out, their payment history last update showing 20th October for payment period 9-15th October. They didn't get payment today, it maybe their bank, I'm not sure. Basically last update was last weeks payment 20th Oct.

So if anyone got payment today and can check payment history to see what dates showing, I know it may not be updated, she's anxious on hearing some have been paid, thanks in advance, if anyone can check appreciate it.

I got my payment today but it isn’t showing on my online payment history yet, I think it doesn’t show until the day it’s due, I’m with Ptsb, if that helps,

• Advertisement

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    I got my payment today but it isn’t showing on my online payment history yet, I think it doesn’t show until the day it’s due, I’m with Ptsb, if that helps,

That's really helpful and sincerely appreciated, my friend stressed out and I don't think she needs to worry, I just think it depends on what bank your with, I'm KBC and don't get lodgement processed weekends or bank holidays, it's alway been that way.

So, just to clarify, your payment history still only showing last week's (20th oct)?

Thanks so much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

So, just to clarify, your payment history still only showing last week's (20th oct)?

Thanks so much :)

Yes, it’s just showing last week’s payment. Always a bit anxious waiting for payment when you’re not used to it.

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Yes, it’s just showing last week’s payment. Always a bit anxious waiting for payment when you’re not used to it.

Fantastic and thanks so much, really appreciate you checking this, my neighbours stress levels have dropped :)

Folks, just for anyone making a new PUP claim and I assume those claiming for a second time. I noticed a curious additional qualifying requirement. Its not mentioned on GOV websites (Maybe I've missed it) but found this on citizens information on a recent update.

So along with Earnings being assessed from 2019 & or Jan /Feb 2020 ( Helps determine rate of PUP payment)

You must also:

Have at least one PRSI contribution in the 4 weeks before claiming PUP.

Most if not all those claiming PUP will presumably have a PRSI contribution prior to claiming but just worth pointing out and wise to claim ASAP if laid off or loose job.

Just something to be aware of:)

Good night

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭edwardkiley

Folks, just for anyone making a new PUP claim and I assume those claiming for a second time. I noticed a curious additional qualifying requirement. Its not mentioned on GOV websites (Maybe I've missed it) but found this on citizens information on a recent update.

So along with Earnings being assessed from 2019 & or Jan /Feb 2020 ( Helps determine rate of PUP payment)

You must also:

Have at least one PRSI contribution in the 4 weeks before claiming PUP.

Most if not all those claiming PUP will presumably have a PRSI contribution prior to claiming but just worth pointing out and wise to claim ASAP if laid off or loose job.

Just something to be aware of:)

Good night

I didnt have any PRSI contribution in the last 4 weeks but have still been awarded the PUP?

• Advertisement

I didnt have any PRSI contribution in the last 4 weeks but have still been awarded the PUP?

Thats good, it's just an additional condition I spotted on citizens information, can't say for sure if it's a very recent addition, as in the last few days or is it a rigid condition, I'm assuming its a mechanism to stamp out people claiming who had not been working very recently and claiming. Hard to know but just something I wanted to point out.

Glad you got sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Marie2020

Hi, I am on the PUP due to lack of childcare issues. I had explained that in my application. I received yesterday an email asking me to to clarify if I am still employed and why I am receiving an income from my employer. The email also said I might be cut off further payments, it seemed threatening.

I am on unpaid leave with my employer due to childcare issues. This will be till at least Jan 2021. I did receive salary payments from my employer last August 2020 but this was for holiday pay due to me from unused 2019 annual leave.

Can anyone advise what I should do? I emailed them back explainly the above. I am very worried I will be cut off as rely on that to live.

I recently separated from my partner, would I be entitled to.single parents allowance as I have a young baby? I assume I can't apply for this as I am still on the PUP? Would really appreciate any advice or anyone in similar circumstances as I am lost. Thank you.

Marie2020 wrote: »
    Hi, I am on the PUP due to lack of childcare issues. I had explained that in my application. I received yesterday an email asking me to to clarify if I am still employed and why I am receiving an income from my employer. The email also said I might be cut off further payments, it seemed threatening.

I am on unpaid leave with my employer due to childcare issues. This will be till at least Jan 2021. I did receive salary payments from my employer last August 2020 but this was for holiday pay due to me from unused 2019 annual leave.

Can anyone advise what I should do? I emailed them back explainly the above. I am very worried I will be cut off as rely on that to live.

I recently separated from my partner, would I be entitled to.single parents allowance as I have a young baby? I assume I can't apply for this as I am still on the PUP? Would really appreciate any advice or anyone in similar circumstances as I am lost. Thank you.

Sorry to here about your dilemma, unfortunately your explanation to them has created a number of issues . There are no grounds other than being laid off or loosing employment due to pandemic to recieve PUP.

Whilst you can and have explained the payments recieved, you perhaps should have explained to employer to hold off on any payments, even those outstanding whilst you were receiving pup. My fear is you may be cut off. These payments showed up on a check with revenue and its part of SW auditing approach, checking on current claims etc. You can explain holiday payments were paid automatically and not requested etc.

I have heard childcare issues was a big problem and I appreciate that, at the start of PUP there was alot of flexibility but now, not so much and its not a qualifying condition to recieve pup.

Un paid sick leave is not a permitted reason to be on PUP either. I'm stuck on how to advise you. Only short of talking to your employer and requesting they confirm you've been laid off temporarily , email or letter etc, I think your PUP payment will be stopped. I wouldn't be concerned about the holiday money issue, that can be explained but not being on unpaid sick leave.

So get onto employer who I hope might be able to give you something to confirm temporary lay off, then forward this ASAP

Not much help I'm afraid but I do wish you well, act fast.

Thanks Dempo1. I'll get on to my employer first thing on Tuesday.

Just to clarify I am on unpaid leave and not unpaid sick leave.

When I applied in June 2020, lack of childcare was a qualifying criteria and I rang citizens information to double check and they said to apply.

So they can decide now I don't qualify? I hope I dont have to pay back (as I don't have it).

Thanks Dempo1. I'll get on to my employer first thing on Tuesday.

Just to clarify I am on unpaid leave and not unpaid sick leave.

When I applied in June 2020, lack of childcare was a qualifying criteria and I rang citizens information to double check and they said to apply.

So they can decide now I don't qualify? I hope I dont have to pay back (as I don't have it).

Hi again, apologies, I misunderstood re sick leave but again, any type of agreed leave would affect qualifying status so I just caution not to mention this etc etc, you have to laid off or lose employment.

Re childcare and I know its been horrendous, I know flexibility was shown but technically its not part of the qualifying criteria.

My gut feeling is now to focus only on being let go temporarily and hopefully your employer will help on this.

Re repayment, normally were someone has been over paid a benifit, they are offered a reasonable repayment option depending on circumstances etc. PUP is not a standard SW benefit as such so not sure but don't worry about this too much. Focus on maintaining PUP. If you act fast, I'm sure it will work out.

When did you get the dreaded email? did you get paid this week etc and can you access your mywelfare account, just to check status is showing awarded? Fingers crossed for you :)

Hi, I received the email yesterday and replied back straightaway. I received payment this week.

I'll get onto my employer straightaway next Tuesday and see if they are willing to send an email or a letter. I just feel it's very hard as I wasnt let go but was adversely affected from covid as my childcare fell through. Thousands of people affected too of course.

Fingers crossed. Thanks a mill for advice. I'll keep ye updated

Meant to say received email on Friday not yesterday, getting days mixed up

Meant to say received email on Friday not yesterday, getting days mixed up

OK, get cracking on Tuesday re employer and good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

No, Theyve been doing calls since original lockdown and the plug was pulled on new clients (victims), it's only if you were on their books already, they have not taken new clients since late last year
    A person I know has been with them since Sept. He was with them previously about 2/3 years ago if that matters

votecounts wrote: »
    A person I know has been with them since Sept. He was with them previously about 2/3 years ago if that matters

Very odd but I think it may have something to do with with him being with them previously. I'm open to correction but my understanding is no new referrals to either Seetac or Turas Nua have been permitted since end of 2019. This followed a government defeat in previous Dail due to serious complaints and outrageous costs with poor employment creation results.

This said, they continue to be permitted to engage with existing clients as part of their contracts currently under review, I've a neighbour being plagued with weekly phone calls, he's in his late 50"s and with them 2 years.

All their offices currently closed so phone calls weekly. Absurd nonsense really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Very odd but I think it may have something to do with with him being with them previously. I'm open to correction but my understanding is no new referrals to either Seetac or Turas Nua have been permitted since end of 2019. This followed a government defeat in previous Dail due to serious complaints and outrageous costs with poor employment creation results.

This said, they continue to be permitted to engage with existing clients as part of their contracts currently under review, I've a neighbour being plagued with weekly phone calls, he's in his late 50"s and with them 2 years.

All their offices currently closed so phone calls weekly. Absurd nonsense really.

If my memory serves that bill was not enacted as the last Govt chose to ignore it because it was not a financial bill.

votecounts wrote: »
    If my memory serves that bill was not enacted as the last Govt chose to ignore it because it was not a financial bill.

Not sure if it was a bill as such government tried to extend the period of new referrals to jobs path companies which required Dail approval and it was resoundingly defeated, there's loads of articles if you want to search but as it stands no new referrals since late 2019. Jobs path was an absolute costly abject failure with horrendous stories of ill treatment of people and some outrageous costs with very poor results.

Of course there will be a new jobs activations programs in 2020 depending what impact the pandemic has on long term unemployment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Not sure if it was a bill as such government tried to extend the period of new referrals to jobs path companies which required Dail approval and it was resoundingly defeated, there's loads of articles if you want to search but as it stands no new referrals since late 2019. Jobs path was an absolute costly abject failure with horrendous stories of ill treatment of people and some outrageous costs with very poor results.

Of course there will be a new jobs activations programs in 2020 depending what impact the pandemic has on long term unemployment.

From what you are saying from your pov; Jobspath is basically finished for good? From that perspective; I would be okay with that.

I was reading an article from the Irish Examiner, that is about 3 weeks old, earlier tonight. It said that the private companies who ran Jobpath & the DSFA are being called to the PAC later this year before the Christmas recess. Does anyone here know the date of this hearing? I don't know what type of questions will be asked from the PAC when these companies get their chance to answer them. However; the outcomes which will be coming out from these hearings could be quite unpredictable IMO. I would assume the manner in which these questions will be answered from these companies in this hearing probably would not yield a lot of fair answers to the committee members. The answers these private companies they give to the committee itself could lead to the committee in being exacerbated & angry as to why it was a failure in trying to provide suitable help to people living here who wanted to find sustainable employment.

I wanted to ask about turning up for the monthly signings for JA/JB. Do you know if that is still going ahead this Tuesday or not as we are in new Level 5 restrictions?

My JSA post office receipts are still saying that it will apparently happen this Tuesday. From gov.ie/welfare; it says that the SW offices around the country for this week only will be open on Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday of this week. They will only be open from 10am to 1pm like when they were processing the new applications for the PUP & EWSS/TWSS back in March. The week after that will have the offices back open in the first Monday in November & than on Wednesday & Friday like for the remainder of this week from 10am to 1pm for the remainder of the restrictions.

The Intreo website is still saying, as of tonight, that you don't have to sign on until further notice. Casual workers would still need to hand in dockets as required.

Could that wording change from this Tuesday or not when Jobseekers claimants are meant to sign on this week though as we are currently in a BHW? I would think that it really would be a wreckless & stupid move from the DFSA to tell unemployed people that they have to attend a SW office to sign on for the jobseekers in these times while in level 5 restrictions; it's normally open in two slots on the Tuesday from 10am to 12pm in the morning & 2pm to 4pm in the afternoon. I suppose they can't supply all the staff that is needed for this job at the present time as they are have restricted opening hours in place because of the current level 5 restrictions.

If Intreo were to go ahead with the monthly signings from Tuesday; it would be quite impossible to enforce it for that one day of the week & not have to do it again for possibly months after that if the vaccines are slowly going out to get rid of Covid.

The SW offices in this instance would probably need a lot more staff available on duty to try & police the crowds to attempt official compliance with public health guidelines while attempting to social distance while wearing the face coverings if people are told to queue up to sign on the dole. I could be right in saying that all of the SW offices here probably do not have the proper resources in place while trying to deal with the huge amounts of dole claimants coming into their offices while their own staff are largely closed off to them while they try & manage applications for the PUP & TWSS along with other SW payments during this current pandemic. The level of paperwork that has to be processed from the staff's pov when trying to deal with those tasks along with dealing the current amount of people who are signing on for the dole probably would make it more impossible. If you apply for PUP; you would still have to apply for it along with the JA.

And what could we say about the people who don't even try to attempt to comply with the public health guidelines at all while they are still out there claiming the dole in this public health disaster?

Let's say a person who wasn't complying with the guidelines came in to sign on the dole & had attempted to spit on you or try to have arguments with you if you had to wait to sign on in the same dole queue. What could be done in that instance when you are faced with that situation. I would presume that the Gardai who deal with these types of cases will be very heavy handed on these people who will start these incidents if they are told by the SW to continue trying & get their dole payments. I could presume that these incidents could cause a lot of trouble with innocent people who could get caught up in the crossfire through no fault of their own.

From what you are saying from your pov; Jobspath is basically finished for good? From that perspective; I would be okay with that.

I was reading an article from the Irish Examiner, that is about 3 weeks old, earlier tonight. It said that the private companies who ran Jobpath & the DSFA are being called to the PAC later this year before the Christmas recess. Does anyone here know the date of this hearing? I don't know what type of questions will be asked from the PAC when these companies get their chance to answer them. However; the outcomes which will be coming out from these hearings could be quite unpredictable IMO. I would assume the manner in which these questions will be answered from these companies in this hearing probably would not yield a lot of fair answers to the committee members. The answers these private companies they give to the committee itself could lead to the committee in being exacerbated & angry as to why it was a failure in trying to provide suitable help to people living here who wanted to find sustainable employment.

I wanted to ask about turning up for the monthly signings for JA/JB. Do you know if that is still going ahead this Tuesday or not as we are in new Level 5 restrictions?

My JSA post office receipts are still saying that it will apparently happen this Tuesday. From gov.ie/welfare; it says that the SW offices around the country for this week only will be open on Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday of this week. They will only be open from 10am to 1pm like when they were processing the new applications for the PUP & EWSS/TWSS back in March. The week after that will have the offices back open in the first Monday in November & than on Wednesday & Friday like for the remainder of this week from 10am to 1pm for the remainder of the restrictions.

The Intreo website is still saying, as of tonight, that you don't have to sign on until further notice. Casual workers would still need to hand in dockets as required.

Could that wording change from this Tuesday or not when Jobseekers claimants are meant to sign on this week though as we are currently in a BHW? I would think that it really would be a wreckless & stupid move from the DFSA to tell unemployed people that they have to attend a SW office to sign on for the jobseekers in these times while in level 5 restrictions; it's normally open in two slots on the Tuesday from 10am to 12pm in the morning & 2pm to 4pm in the afternoon. I suppose they can't supply all the staff that is needed for this job at the present time as they are have restricted opening hours in place because of the current level 5 restrictions.

If Intreo were to go ahead with the monthly signings from Tuesday; it would be quite impossible to enforce it for that one day of the week & not have to do it again for possibly months after that if the vaccines are slowly going out to get rid of Covid.

The SW offices in this instance would probably need a lot more staff available on duty to try & police the crowds to attempt official compliance with public health guidelines while attempting to social distance while wearing the face coverings if people are told to queue up to sign on the dole. I could be right in saying that all of the SW offices here probably do not have the proper resources in place while trying to deal with the huge amounts of dole claimants coming into their offices while their own staff are largely closed off to them while they try & manage applications for the PUP & TWSS along with other SW payments during this current pandemic. The level of paperwork that has to be processed from the staff's pov when trying to deal with those tasks along with dealing the current amount of people who are signing on for the dole probably would make it more impossible. If you apply for PUP; you would still have to apply for it along with the JA.

And what could we say about the people who don't even try to attempt to comply with the public health guidelines at all while they are still out there claiming the dole in this public health disaster?

Let's say a person who wasn't complying with the guidelines came in to sign on the dole & had attempted to spit on you or try to have arguments with you if you had to wait to sign on in the same dole queue. What could be done in that instance when you are faced with that situation. I would presume that the Gardai who deal with these types of cases will be very heavy handed on these people who will start these incidents if they are told by the SW to continue trying & get their dole payments. I could presume that these incidents could cause a lot of trouble with innocent people who could get caught up in the crossfire through no fault of their own.

My gosh, that's alot to digest.

I've not said jobspath is ending, I've said there has been no new referrals to the two companies running it on behalf of government, Turas Nua & Seetac. They currently still very much work with people on their books pre end of 2019 and as their offices closed, they interact electronically and by phone. I've also said I've no doubt there'll be a new jobs activation program in the new year, albeit hopefully lessons have been learned. There's a Thread on Turas Nus, Seetac on boards so search for them.

Re the signing on at Intreo centres, I've absolutely no idea about this, although I'm sure it has already recommenced at some locations, I'd again advise searching Boards but would assume you would be properly notified by SW if you are required to attend once a month for in person signing.

You paint a pretty bleak picture of what may go on at Intreo centres, I'm sure like any government office, they will act under the strictest public health guidelines and implement procedures to insure the safety of customers and staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Johnnystephens

My gosh, that's alot to digest.

I've not said jobspath is ending, I've said there has been no new referrals to the two companies running it on behalf of government, Turas Nua & Seetac. They currently still very much work with people on their books pre end of 2019 and as their offices closed, they interact electronically and by phone. I've also said I've no doubt there'll be a new jobs activation program in the new year, albeit hopefully lessons have been learned. There's a Thread on Turas Nus, Seetac on boards so search for them.

Re the signing on at Intreo centres, I've absolutely no idea about this, although I'm sure it has already recommenced at some locations, I'd again advise searching Boards but would assume you would be properly notified by SW if you are required to attend once a month for in person signing.

You paint a pretty bleak picture of what may go on at Intreo centres, I'm sure like any government office, they will act under the strictest public health guidelines and implement procedures to insure the safety of customers and staff.

I know of 2 people who have been referred to TN in the last 2 months..Turas and Seetec contracts end at the end of the year but the dept of SW engaged external consultants in late 2019 to review all current contracted public employment services, including JobPath, so who knows what will happen after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭angela1711

Hi,

does anyone know how long does it take for PUP to come through ? I’ve applied online on Friday the 23/10. It’s my second application as I was on it back in March. Is it reasonable to expect a payment on Tuesday the 3/11 ? I am still paid by my employer until Friday the 30/10.

angela1711 wrote: »
    Hi,

does anyone know how long does it take for PUP to come through ? I’ve applied online on Friday the 23/10. It’s my second application as I was on it back in March. Is it reasonable to expect a payment on Tuesday the 3/11 ? I am still paid by my employer until Friday the 30/10.

Hi there, applications are being procedd very quickly, you mentioned your being paid up to 30th, what date did you put as last date of employment? This might have a baring on date your first payment issued, keep in mind, your technically supposed to only apply on day you've been laid off (last date of employment as such)

Hi there, applications are being procedd very quickly, you mentioned your being paid up to 30th, what date did you put as last date of employment? This might have a baring on date your first payment issued, keep in mind, your technically supposed to only apply on day you've been laid off (last date of employment as such)

Hi, I finished up on Wednesday 21/10 (as in was temporarily laid-off). I am still getting paid for last week this Friday the 30/10. That's what I put down in the application as the question was, last day worked/ paid to so I'll put down the 30th as that's the last day I am going to get paid on.

angela1711 wrote: »
    Hi, I finished up on Wednesday 21/10 (as in was temporarily laid-off). I am still getting paid for last week this Friday the 30/10. That's what I put down in the application as the question was, last day worked/ paid to so I'll put down the 30th as that's the last day I am going to get paid on.

That's perfect, I reckon application will be processed quickly and fingers crossed payment next week. Keep in mind no one getting notifications re approval but if there's any issues you'll be notified (no news good news basically) good look :)

• Advertisement

That's perfect, I reckon application will be processed quickly and fingers crossed payment next week. Keep in mind no one getting notifications re approval but if there's any issues you'll be notified (no news good news basically) good look :)

Yeah I remember the last time I never got a notification just checked my bank account and the money was there. Do you know if they normally ring your employer ? Our receptionist left a while ago, accountant is on holidays this week so if they ring god knows who the call is going to be transferred to. Just afraid that this may cause some delays if they do decide to ring the company.

Advertisement