Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential issue with meter . Caretaker very awkward

Options
  • 07-03-2020 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

My bill is abnormally high for a 1 bedroom apartment. I rang bord gais . They said there could be a fault with the meter.They gave me instructions to turn the electricity off in my apartment check the meter and then check it again in an hour to see if its going up faster then it should be.

I asked the care taker if I could look at it and he screen shots me a photo . I told him id need to see it again within an hour and he basically said no . that he didnt have time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    My bill is abnormally high for a 1 bedroom apartment.
    I asked the care taker if I could look at it and he screen shots me a photo
    If you don't have access to your own meter, I'm guessing the meter is for your apartment and whatever apartment that the meter is in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

the_syco wrote: »
    If you don't have access to your own meter, I'm guessing the meter is for your apartment and whatever apartment that the meter is in?

its not in an apartment. its in the basement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

Arrange to do the test on a day that the caretaker will have time?

Do you have access to do it yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

How high is abnormally high?

Do you have storage heaters? Are you using them? Are you 100% sure you know how to use them properly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Spot the person that doesn't tip at Christmas. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Arrange to do the test on a day that the caretaker will have time?

I had suggested anytime yesterday or anytime when im off next thursday friday saturday or sunday. No response from him

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

its not in an apartment. its in the basement
    How many apartments are being let in the house? Is it the one meter split between everyone, with someone taking the piss with an electric radiator?

Advertisement