Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saorview not working

Options
  • 07-03-2020 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Anyone having trouble with saorview around the Westport area? Working fine last night, re-scan shows nothing after scan comples......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Bogfairy wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble with saorview around the Westport area? Working fine last night, re-scan shows nothing after scan comples......

Yep, just switched TV on, all channels gone. Think it has to do with saorview changing frequencies. I had an indoor aerial plugged into a smart TV, have nothing now in Castlebar area

• Registered Users Posts: 68,792 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There was a frequency change some time ago with the old ones turned off last week. Rescan and you should be fine in most cases but some people need new aerials.

Ya tried a rescan on the smart TV but it's finding no channels. Any other ideas..??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

UsBus wrote:
    Ya tried a rescan on the smart TV but it's finding no channels. Any other ideas..??

I was the same. Castlebar area. Just did a rescan and they all came back. Maybe try again

I was the same. Castlebar area. Just did a rescan and they all came back. Maybe try again

No luck, it must be my indoor aerial can't pick up the new frequencies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Westport area
    All channels down in daytime. A few back after dark. Rescan produced nothing. Some years since aerial first installed.
    Any recommendations pls

Back working for me in Castlebar. Replaced the indoor aerial, still nothing. Am new to my current place, but strange set up with cables. I reconnected a satellite cable I had removed from the LNB on my satellite dish. I thought it was doing nothing but I'm getting a signal again. It's like the dish/lnb is acting as an external aerial giving me a signal..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

UsBus wrote:
    Back working for me in Castlebar. Replaced the indoor aerial, still nothing. Am new to my current place, but strange set up with cables. I reconnected a satellite cable I had removed from the LNB on my satellite dish. I thought it was doing nothing but I'm getting a signal again. It's like the dish/lnb is acting as an external aerial giving me a signal..

Same set up here

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Bogfairy

Back running fine again, try retuning if yours is still out. Cheers for the input folks.

Advertisement