Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is EIR the worst multi media company ever

• 07-03-2020 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,640 ✭✭✭

I've heard anecdotal evidence that they are a very poor outfit. I also heard severe criticism against them on national media on The Joe duffy Show.

Despite this they had a lucrative package so we went with them for a switch from Virgin for Broadband and TV.

They then made a mess of the installation because they couldn't get the address right, so we cancelled the move and went back to Virgin and got a reduced rate from them for their service.

We cancelled the move but EIR still charged us for everything for the first month including an installation which never happened. We'll get our money back but I feel they are a company that doesn't care at all about customer service as they own the hardwire infrastructure that carries the signals to our homes.

As a company I think they should be disbanded. They are a disgrace and they got hold of that infrastructure by dodgy means in the first place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,640 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/eir.ie

Saw this on another thread. EIR are without exception the worst company of their type of any type I would say ....ever. They should be put out of business. Their ownership of national infrastructure is an ongoing national scandal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,640 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

I'll take that as a YES

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Well I use Eir mobile myself and I have to say, when it was meteor the service and customer care was a whole lot better and prompt.

I had to wait 35 minutes to be heard and then put on hold for another 10 minutes.

With meteor you'd wait 3 minutes at the most for an answer.

Advertisement