Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Pandemic Information- Local and Worldwide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,678 ✭✭✭jaymla627

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna234141

Interesting how people's views change over time...

Pretty disgusting how he's refusing to condemn Cuomo in New York after fan boying him the past year..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Cuomo is a Democrat, there's your reason for that. Very simple. Stunning to watch the propaganda machine work in America. This dirtbag wrote a book on his successful pandemic response and wins an Emmy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,678 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Gillespy wrote: »
    Cuomo is a Democrat, there's your reason for that. Very simple. Stunning to watch the propaganda machine work in America. This dirtbag wrote a book on his successful pandemic response and wins an Emmy.

The funniest parody of the Biden presidency so far, surprised it's still up

https://mobile.twitter.com/stclairashley/status/1363224533759574016

• Registered Users Posts: 21,411 ✭✭✭✭Water John

jaymla627 wrote: »
    The funniest parody of the Biden presidency so far, surprised it's still up

https://mobile.twitter.com/stclairashley/status/1363224533759574016

I must be a bit dim, can you explain it to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Water John wrote: »
    I must be a bit dim, can you explain it to me?

Looks like its taking the piss out of Joe saying certain people are unable to register online. One of those groups of people were protesting a lot during President Trumps reign, apparently President Trump was a racist too and sure look at old Joe butter wouldnt melt in his mouth sure.

Better living everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭yosemitesam1

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Watching mm there. He looks like crap. I suppose the only positive is kids will be going back to school. Everything else is ****.

Vaccine roll out should cut the number of deaths quite soon. The UK variant is the reason the numbers positive will be slow to drop.

Vaccine roll out should cut the number of deaths quite soon. The UK variant is the reason the numbers positive will be slow to drop.

What do you think of the UK decision to only do first vaccination and delay the second dose?

It was a risk, may pay off, but the efficacy does drop off 4 week after the first dose. Remember their are a whole lot of insurance risks as well in us going alone and not taking the full advice of the manufacturer and the EMA who verified the vaccine.

• Advertisement

We've still yet to see any actual evidence that the uk variant does anything that is significantly different to previously dominant variants. The reasons why succession happens between different variants are more complicated than simply one is more infectious than the other.

We've still yet to see any actual evidence that the uk variant does anything that is significantly different to previously dominant variants. The reasons why succession happens between different variants are more complicated than simply one is more infectious than the other.

Really likes the Irish climate?

Today was the first day in months that louth had under 5 cases. A bit frightening to hear one of the deaths was a 16 year old

Half the covid hospital patients are under 70. So vaccinating the over 70s will half the hospital figures. With all those at high risk being vaccinated next, one would hope, hospitalisation will be reduced in a major way in 2/3 months and deaths become negligible.
    Really hope it's the last lockdown.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

The growing evidence that the Covid-19 vaccines can reduce transmission, explained
    Here’s what we know about how the vaccines protect against spread of the virus.

Evidence that vaccination helps protect those around the vaccinated should they transmit virus.
    https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/22291959/covid-vaccines-transmission-protect-spread-virus-moderna-pfizer

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Dozer1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Funeral here tomorrow of close relative and lifelong neighbour. I'm going digging the grave soon. Plan is to line the road here when he leaves the house tomorrow. Really sad that nobody only immediate family can go. :(

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭paddysdream

Funeral here tomorrow of close relative and lifelong neighbour. I'm going digging the grave soon. Plan is to line the road here when he leaves the house tomorrow. Really sad that nobody only immediate family can go. :(

Think its 10 max in the church but any funeral I have been at recently (4 since New Year ) has had a fair crowd in the graveyard for the burial .

Just wondering if you went to the graveyard today or if many did so ?
    Like I said,around here any funeral I have attended in the last year seems to have as many at it as there would have been before covid .
    The only ones missing would be the very elderly .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Like I said,around here any funeral I have attended in the last year seems to have as many at it as there would have been before covid .

Funerals around here seem to be people lining the roads, rather than people at the grave.
    It’s nice to see the lines of people standing at their local cross roads I think...

• Advertisement

Funerals around here seem to be people lining the roads, rather than people at the grave.
    It’s nice to see the lines of people standing at their local cross roads I think...

Haven't seen that happen around here to be honest .

• Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Same around the midlands aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Dolly donated $1m to fund trials last year - gets the jab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWRdzAFgXyc

Great to see some counties with no cases or under 5 cases

Cork had the lowest incidence in the country but seems to have jumped back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Two of the deaths announced today are stillborn babies. NPHET without proof says it's Covid Placentits. Frightening pregnant women needlessly is absolutely disgraceful. And of course the media are only too willing to go along with it. I hate both of them equally at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Sorry, only saw this now. Ya I went to the graveyard. I was closing the grave anyway (while family was there), so kinda had to be there.
    A big crowd at the graveyard and all wearing masks. people lined the road here and also at the crossroads etc to the grave. People did pay their respects, despite the restrictions.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Sorry, only saw this now. Ya I went to the graveyard. I was closing the grave anyway (while family was there), so kinda had to be there.
    A big crowd at the graveyard and all wearing masks. people lined the road here and also at the crossroads etc to the grave. People did pay their respects, despite the restrictions.

They were discusiing on breakfast televison this morning the priests telling parishioners to lobby politicians to allow more at funerals.
    One of the experts remarked ''if you have more at funerals, you'll have more funerals''

• Advertisement

wrangler wrote: »
    They were discusiing on breakfast televison this morning the priests telling parishioners to lobby politicians to allow more at funerals.
    One of the experts remarked ''if you have more at funerals, you'll have more funerals''

All those experts days must be numbered. The brakes will have to come on the easy money in the not too distant future and only then will the real fun start. When the majority of the population really starts to feel the effects of the recklessness of the response over the past year

Advertisement