Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Pandemic Information- Local and Worldwide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Got the notification i was a close contact yesterday. Since xmas ive only seen one person outside my own household. Got tested last night and awaiting results.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Kevhog1988 wrote: »
    Got the notification i was a close contact yesterday. Since xmas ive only seen one person outside my own household. Got tested last night and awaiting results.

Lovely feeling ain't it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

greysides wrote: »

Youngest lad got his booster vaccine and hpv the other day. It was in the covid vaccination centre set up for louth. Really well set up. Only problem was his sister had told him he was getting it in his butt and he'd be sore for days.. .

Reggie. wrote: »
    Lovely feeling ain't it

Especially when the fella had obvious symptoms and said **** all..

Negative thank god

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Negative thank god

For what exactly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭alps

Negative thank god
    Great news....are you still grounded for the 14 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

wrangler wrote: »
    They were discusiing on breakfast televison this morning the priests telling parishioners to lobby politicians to allow more at funerals.
    One of the experts remarked ''if you have more at funerals, you'll have more funerals''

What was he an expert on?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    What was he an expert on?

I think it was Ger Howlin, breakfast television get people in at 7.15 to comment on the days news

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭enricoh

The missus got the astra zeneca jab two days ago. It knocked the stuffing out of her, said it was like the worst flu ever, getting sick etc. She'd never miss a days work but did yesterday. Most of her crew in work were floored after it also.
    She found out since you should take paracetamol before and after it apparently.
    If you're getting it clear the decks work wise for the next day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭yosemitesam1

enricoh wrote: »
    The missus got the astra zeneca jab two days ago. It knocked the stuffing out of her, said it was like the worst flu ever, getting sick etc. She'd never miss a days work but did yesterday. Most of her crew in work were floored after it also.
    She found out since you should take paracetamol before and after it apparently.
    If you're getting it clear the decks work wise for the next day!
    For the majority of the population, it looks as if the vaccine will hit harder than covid

alps wrote: »
    Great news....are you still grounded for the 14 days?

Yeah but I'm not as worried and can go about doing a bit around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,411 ✭✭✭✭Water John

For the majority of the population, it looks as if the vaccine will hit harder than covid

Sam, you'll never let it go. Prefer to be sick a day or two from a vaccine, knowing I'll be fine. Not interested in a lottery on my health.

Water John wrote: »

Sam, you'll never let it go. Prefer to be sick a day or two from a vaccine, knowing I'll be fine. Not interested in a lottery on my health.

Just offering some balance. Haven't said anything that isn't true.
    Really it should give the perspective that once the most vulnerable portions of society are vaccinated, then there is no reason not to reopen fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Why is longford top of the table ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,411 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Just offering some balance. Haven't said anything that isn't true.
    Really it should give the perspective that once the most vulnerable portions of society are vaccinated, then there is no reason not to reopen fully.

I would agree with relaxation, not fully opening. Big social gatherings and pubs can wait.
    Construction should fully go ahead, no problem with hairdressers etc as swell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Just think back this time last year there was outrage at Irish people attending Cheltenham and returning home with the virus.
    Fast forward a year and travel from the UK for non essential travel still allowed. Personal responsibility never worked.
    The government never did a thing to prevent travel.
    The girl who led the guards on a merry chase to bray from Dublin and back goes on her holiers to Spain while people still observe the 5k rule.
    300 travellers from all over Ireland and Britain attend a funeral in leitrim.

Begorrah isn't it shocking. Ireland for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭alps

I would agree with relaxation, not fully opening. Big social gatherings and pubs can wait.

Too much opinion spreading at hairdressers....dangerous..

High R rate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Just think back this time last year there was outrage at Irish people attending Cheltenham and returning home with the virus.
    Fast forward a year and travel from the UK for non essential travel still allowed. Personal responsibility never worked.
    The government never did a thing to prevent travel.
    The girl who led the guards on a merry chase to bray from Dublin and back goes on her holiers to Spain while people still observe the 5k rule.
    300 travellers from all over Ireland and Britain attend a funeral in leitrim.

Begorrah isn't it shocking. Ireland for you.

A great little country if only we could roof it....

Better living everyone

A great little country if only we could roof it....

We couldn't do that..

Civil liberties. :pac: :p

Heard Stephen Donnelly on the radio this morning when asked about the traveller funeral and the non operation of the hotel quarantine laws which have already been passed.
    Answer - civil liberties.

Jeez we are some basket case. :p

• Advertisement

We couldn't do that..

Civil liberties. :pac: :p

Heard Stephen Donnelly on the radio this morning when asked about the traveller funeral and the non operation of the hotel quarantine laws which have already been passed.
    Answer - civil liberties.

Jeez we are some basket case. :p

Civil liberty? What are those again? Theres an auld fella next door who keeps going on about those.....

Better living everyone

Civil liberty? What are those again? Theres an auld fella next door who keeps going on about those.....

It's a licence to say or do anything you want even if it means harming people or property.
    It's the balanced world and country we live in.
    Have to provide the balance sure. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Morris Moss

Why not fully open when the most vulnerable people are vaccinated?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Why not fully open when the most vulnerable people are vaccinated?

If you let this rip, there would be a high number of hospitalisations even in the 'not vulnerable' group. It's not just the vulnerable ending up in ICU with this.
    Level 3 or Level 3+ need to keep a lid on it.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Morris Moss

odyssey06 wrote: »
    If you let this rip, there would be a high number of hospitalisations even in the 'not vulnerable' group. It's not just the vulnerable ending up in ICU with this.
    Level 3 or Level 3+ need to keep a lid on it.

Any proof of this, or is it what you think will happen? You do realise people get sick and sometimes might unfortunately die, that's the risk in life, something that seems to be lost on people lately.

It's a licence to say or do anything you want even if it means harming people or property.
    It's the balanced world and country we live in.
    Have to provide the balance sure. :rolleyes:

Wonder how many others will excercise their Civil Liberty this weekend so?

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Any proof of this, or is it what you think will happen? You do realise people get sick and sometimes might unfortunately die, that's the risk in life, something that seems to be lost on people lately.

People will always die Morris, but if you could help lower the number of people dying don’t you think you should?

Now - the question is will you lower the death rate with the current restrictions? I don’t know how you can answer that, maybe the only way is to roll the dice - but it’s too late then once the genie is out of the bottle...

I would say is it worth the risk, for a few more months?

Wonder how many others will excercise their Civil Liberty this weekend so?

Only the stupid ones in the middle of a virus epidemic.
    But observe the rules and guidelines and you'll be fine. Just don't take the p1ss.

I would say is it worth the risk, for a few more months?

It will always be just another few weeks or months... it has to be let off eventually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

It will always be just another few weeks or months... it has to be let off eventually

100% - and not everyone will be happy, regardless of the decision made. But I think its too early to open everything yet.

Advertisement