Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Pandemic Information- Local and Worldwide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Morris Moss

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Easily a 1000% increase in air traffic over us the last few days, hardly seen a plane the past year maybe 2-3 a day now it’s 2-3 in the sky anytime you look up in the sky

Yep noticed that myself today, the world moves on and we stay the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,411 ✭✭✭✭Water John

240K vaccinations next week, great. My target always was to get to around 250K per week. Delighted we're getting to that.
    The opening up on May 10th is also good news. That's a bit earlier than I thought would happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

We’re finally making progress.

Vaccines rolling out at good pace and signs of things opening up again.

Evidence showing the effectiveness of vaccines to be very very high with negligible problems. Sooner we get J and J single shot going the better.

The lockdown was tough and expensive but looking to India and other places that lost containment it was more than worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Yeah, booking system opening for the over 50's from next week.
    That'll catch me, and not long ago I thought it'd be September before they got round to us..

Got notice for AZ next Thurs. I think, considering Wrangler's recent experience I'll be taking it very easy on Fri.
    Nekar, you're only a garsun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭yosemitesam1

_Brian wrote: »
    We’re finally making progress.

Vaccines rolling out at good pace and signs of things opening up again.

Evidence showing the effectiveness of vaccines to be very very high with negligible problems. Sooner we get J and J single shot going the better.

The lockdown was tough and expensive but looking to India and other places that lost containment it was more than worth it.
    We're an awful long way from the finish line, not even half ways there yet...

It's like the 100m race. Athletes take the first half to get up to speed, then cover the second 50m much quicker.
    I'm glad we didn't follow the Modi line in India.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭yosemitesam1

Water John wrote: »
    It's like the 100m race. Athletes take the first half to get up to speed, then cover the second 50m much quicker.
    I'm glad we didn't follow the Modi line in India.

Lol. That is a very optimistic view of what lies ahead of us. The real fun has yet to start

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Lol. That is a very optimistic view of what lies ahead of us. The real fun has yet to start

How so?

How so?

Oh Dinzee, you do innocent, so well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,265 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Yeah, booking system opening for the over 50's from next week.
    That'll catch me, and not long ago I thought it'd be September before they got round to us..
    I thought it would be at least October before myself and OH got the jab.

My Sister (prolific smoker) got the Oxford/Astra Zeneca jab on Tuesday and thankfully had no ill effects. Eldest brother (also over 60) is up next. He is asthmatic so fingers crossed he doesn't have any problems. I think he is going to get the jab next week.

I had a quick phone chat with our GP a few weeks ago to see if OH and I could stagger our vaccinations by a week or so in case both of us reacted badly to the vaccine. He understands that we have livestock to look after.

Yea yea every silver lining has a dark cloud.

We’re making great progress I said not were nearly done.

Vaccines are working well amd they are our way to recovering a normal society again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭paddysdream

Football training back tonight so at least things are starting to return to some level of sanity.
    Juvenile club meeting a couple of weeks ago and one officer wanted to make parents wear masks whilst dropping and collecting kids from training and that parents not be allowed to stay in the grounds during training.
    You would wonder what all this has done to some people .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Football training back tonight so at least things are starting to return to some level of sanity.
    Juvenile club meeting a couple of weeks ago and one officer wanted to make parents wear masks whilst dropping and collecting kids from training and that parents not be allowed to stay in the grounds during training.

Rte have a lot to answer for,the scaremongering they have spouted the last year has been disgraceful,George Lee and Claire Byrne the chief culprits

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

What's the GAA policy, organisations have to be beyond reproach, it's the society we live in now.
    People standing around chatting without masks doesn't look great

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I've been to 4 trainings this week so far. The gaa was the worst. People standing around chatting. I'm the covid officer for our team and after I had my stuff done I went for a walk. There were 3 teams training at the same time and it was like non covid times the amount of people standing around chatting.

whelan2 wrote: »
    I've been to 4 trainings this week so far. The gaa was the worst. People standing around chatting. I'm the covid officer for our team and after I had my stuff done I went for a walk. There were 3 teams training at the same time and it was like non covid times the amount of people standing around chatting.

Horse riding lessons back on from this evening, very small numbers, most parents just sit in their cars anyway and there’s only four in the lesson.

No swimming for a while yet. Lakes are still a bit cold too.

_Brian wrote: »
    Horse riding lessons back on from this evening, very small numbers, most parents just sit in their cars anyway and there’s only four in the lesson.

No swimming for a while yet. Lakes are still a bit cold too.

My niece got a bad di from lake swimming last summer. . Bad kidney infection and stomach bug. Feel sorry for them, at least with football or running you can be training away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

whelan2 wrote: »
    My niece got a bad di from lake swimming last summer. . Bad kidney infection and stomach bug. Feel sorry for them, at least with football or running you can be training away

Heard of triathletes drinking a can of coke after the swims as whatever **** iscin that will kill whatever bugs youd have picked up while swimming.

Better living everyone

Look like donegal will slap us back into lockdown if they're not careful..

When sea swimming was all the go earlier in the the year on RTE, some one asked how do you know someone does sea swimming,
    The answer was because they tell you all about it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Supermarket chain Lidl is to begin selling Covid-19 antigen tests in Ireland.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40282703.html

Got the AZ shot last Thurs, doing fine. I hear anyone with a bit of medical history are being bumped up by there GPs.
    Overall, it's going well at this point.

Got the AZ shot last Thurs, doing fine. I hear anyone with a bit of medical history are being bumped up by there GPs.

Man who does milking for me an odd time got az on Thursday. Had the horrors that night. My mother is getting her second go on Thursday

A 37yr old neighbour got it last week as well at the GPs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,265 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I registered on the HSE website for the jab on Sunday (showing my age ;)) and I got a call on my phone on Tuesday afternoon from 039 813500. I didn't answer it as I didn't recognise the number and there wasn't a voice message left. My family and friends are the only ones that know my phone number. I presume it's a scam number ??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Base price wrote: »
    I registered on the HSE website for the jab on Sunday (showing my age ;)) and I got a call on my phone on Tuesday afternoon from 039 813500. I didn't answer it as I didn't recognise the number and there wasn't a voice message left. My family and friends are the only ones that know my phone number. I presume it's a scam number ??

039 isn't an Irish number, as far as I know.
    39 is the dial code for Italy though....

Base price wrote: »

The first round appointments in the vaccination centres are sent out by text TMK. The nurse told me they would ring me for the second AZ shot, but she might simply have been loose with her language and meant telephone contact, as in text.

Got pfizer here 2 weeks ago,cohort 7 in the gp's
    Appointment for 2nd shot ,june 2nd

My sister in law is a primary school teacher. She is a close contact due to cases in her class. My brother and the kids were tested today. He said the cyberhack has slowed the whole process down alot. They were in a similar situation last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

No lockdown for Limerick.

Now that all the Granny's have been vaccinated, could this be the new norm. The government getting sick and tired of the carry on?

Advertisement